Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:12 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,262,337 times

Advertisements

Lets hear it!

My anniversary is tomorrow. This song was playing just before he asked (crying cats to some, love to others)

YouTube - ‪Chakra - Love Shines Through (Official Music Video) [High Quality]‬‏

How about you? Share your story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 08:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,988,924 times
Hey, happy anniversary!!!

We were passing a quaint chapel. It was unlocked though no one was around. We decided to go in and check the place out.

We sat down in the back pew holding hands, not talking, just taking in the beauty and reverence of the place.

After a little while, he leaned over and whispered in my ear "You are the twin of my heart, will you marry me?"

I think I grinned like this , and said yes of course.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:24 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,262,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Hey, happy anniversary!!!

We were passing a quaint chapel. It was unlocked though no one was around. We decided to go in and check the place out.

We sat down in the back pew holding hands, not talking, just taking in the beauty and reverence of the place.

After a little while, he leaned over and whispered in my ear "You are the twin of my heart, will you marry me?"

I think I grinned like this , and said yes of course.
Too frigging sweet! Not that I'm surprised. I love it.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:26 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,459,305 times
Still waiting....

Old 06-22-2011, 08:53 PM

346 posts, read 508,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Lets hear it!

My anniversary is tomorrow. This song was playing just before he asked (crying cats to some, love to others)

YouTube - ‪Chakra - Love Shines Through (Official Music Video) [High Quality]‬‏

How about you? Share your story.
Congrats!

We had a weekend getaway planned in a fancy downtown hotel. When we arrived the room was all set up with flowers, champagne, and the ring (family heirloom) smuggled in with my Mom's help of course, since it was her ring.

We had discussed marriage and it was certainly not a shock, but he went to a lot of trouble to be romantic and make it special. He still does, we are coming up on our 15th anniv. In august.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:47 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,590,916 times
Loved everyone's stories! My husband and I had plans to go out to dinner on Valentines Day, but got snowed in instead. We were talking and drinking wine. Out of nowhere he asked me to dance to Van Morrison's Moondance. I felt a little silly dancing in the living room, but I did it anyway and in the middle of the song dropped down on his knee and proposed

Old 06-22-2011, 10:51 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,126,261 times
Congratulations Braunwyn!!!

Our story isn't nearly as romantic as lovemountains story. If I told my story, everyone would laugh, for my wife is the one who actually popped the question. Our song is "Look At Us" by Vince Gill. We have made it through 19 wonderful years, as of this June 13th. Hope you have a great day...

Old 06-23-2011, 04:19 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,687,411 times
Hubby and I had been together for 18 years and he completely shocked me by proposing to me when we were on vacation in San Francisco. Plan A had been to propose to me on the beach in Mendocino ( we stayed in a beautiful B&B there) but I was full of cold and had almost entirely lost my voice so he decided on Plan B .

Just a couple of days before we were due to fly out,we had a fabulous meal at "Jardiniere" a lovely restaurant then we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge and stopped overlooking the city , all beautifully lit at night and he got on one knee and popped the question. I was completely flabbergasted and my first reaction was "why?" then I said "maybe".... He laughed at me , told me it was what he loved about me and gave me a very special kiss indeed ! We were married two years later.

We don't really have a song but "On the Beach" by Chris Rea is quite special to us as it was playing the first time we got funky together ! I never hear that song without thinking about it all over again....

YouTube - ‪Chris Rea : On The Beach‬‏

Last edited by Mooseketeer; 06-23-2011 at 04:35 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 06:11 AM

158 posts, read 384,073 times
Me and my husband had been talking about getting married for a while when he actually proposed. We were in Paris, visiting some friends and he wanted to give me the ring at Notre Dame, the firts place we had seen during our previous visit, a couple of years before (it had a special meaning for us). The problem was that the time we were there the french had a transport strike and we couldn't really move around the city like we had planned. So he waited until our last day to pop the question.
I had no idea what he was going to do, it was October and I believed that maybe, I would get asked on Christmas, so I was very calm and didn't have a clue.
Then, on our last day, we were at a Bufallo Grill and we had just finished eating. He asked me to grab something from his jacket and I found the box. Needless to say I was speechless; after that he told me that he tried to make it in a more romantic place, but for me that was perfect. I opened the box (the ring was perfect) and he asked me if I wanted to be his wife. Anybody can get proposed to in the Eiffel Tower or at Notre Dame, but a Buffalo Grill is really unique And it is our special place now.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:35 AM

4,489 posts, read 10,975,057 times
Hah, mine's so silly. I love it, because it's so "us"--simple. We were so young, in college. It was a week before Christmas break of our senior year, in the middle of finals and secret santa and job interviews. I was in my dorm room watching "The Wedding Singer" and wrapping presents when DH got back to campus from work and stopped by to see me. (He told me later he laughed to himself about the movie, and thanked God for the extra little push).

He told me he had gotten a job ofter for after graduation that day, which was huge! We went to the liquor store to buy champagne to celebrate. We brought it back to my dorm to toast, and in the middle of a kiss he dropped to his knee and asked me to "spend my forever with him" and pulled out a ring. He tricked me! I nodded, but I said nothing but "oh my God" for 10 minutes straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships