Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 04:48 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,651,274 times

Advertisements

Yeah so some parameters: I'm not a trustafarian, I don't have reliable access to a car (I do have reliable access to a usually great public transit system) and I'm under 21 (currently a college student).

What are some good ideas for a first date given those restrictions? There's this girl I've been getting to know, we've had lunch together, we get along very well. I figure she'll never get the hint unless I invite her to something besides lunch, but what? There's a concert coming up that a friend flaked out on, so at the moment I'm going solo. I kinda want to invite her, but another friend raised a good point that it'd be hard to talk or do anything else really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 04:52 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,635,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Yeah so some parameters: I'm not a trustafarian, I don't have reliable access to a car (I do have reliable access to a usually great public transit system) and I'm under 21 (currently a college student).

What are some good ideas for a first date given those restrictions? There's this girl I've been getting to know, we've had lunch together, we get along very well. I figure she'll never get the hint unless I invite her to something besides lunch, but what? There's a concert coming up that a friend flaked out on, so at the moment I'm going solo. I kinda want to invite her, but another friend raised a good point that it'd be hard to talk or do anything else really.
Go to the concert!

Old 03-05-2011, 04:53 PM

610 posts, read 1,292,575 times
wall-climbing?
bowling?
pool?

I agree that a concert is too passive, same goes for movies, theatre, etc.

Maybe I should add I'm bad to say the least at the dating scene...

what is a "trustafarian" btw?

Old 03-05-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post

what is a "trustafarian" btw?
Kid with a hefty trust fund who wouldn't blink twice at the suggestion of taking a girl on a first date to the most expensive restaurant in town ($200/person)

Old 03-05-2011, 05:05 PM

610 posts, read 1,292,575 times
oh... we don't have that many of those here :P

Old 03-05-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
oh... we don't have that many of those here :P
Neither do we. The most expensive is about $40 A PERSON.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:16 PM

The actual concert is only part of the date. Building up to it and diner makes it complete. That's a cool date if you ask me. Go Rock both your arses off and blow an ear!

Old 03-05-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
The actual concert is only part of the date. Building up to it and diner makes it complete. That's a cool date if you ask me. Go Rock both your arses off and blow an ear!
That's what I was thinking. I mean, we can certainly talk on the drive to the concert. We'd probably eat beforehand. Then there's talking afterwards on the drive back.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
That's what I was thinking. I mean, we can certainly talk on the drive to the concert. We'd probably eat beforehand. Then there's talking afterwards on the drive back.
Some of the best times and memories of my life have been at concerts. My last was ZZ TOP! It was badazz!

Old 03-05-2011, 05:42 PM

4,489 posts, read 10,908,072 times
DH and I went to several concerts while we were dating. If you like the same music, it's a good time! Our first date was to the bowling alley on our college campus though. It was really cute--a good mix of activity and talking.

I think activity dates are the best for early on. Something fun and silly--rock climbing, ice skating, mini golf, renting kayaks on the potomac (when it warms up, of course!), hiking great falls, etc.

Have you looked into a zip car membership? That would give you access to non-metro areas if you wanted it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships