Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-29-2011, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
10,172 posts, read 20,776,075 times
Reputation: 19869

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
A friend of mine had done several shoots in the past. As described by her it was not a pleasant sexually. Most woman that have done porn fit into this category: tried it, realized it was not what was sold to tehm, then got out of it. You may even know someone who has done porn, but would never never know.
The fluff girls are the unsung heroes of porn.

 
Old 06-29-2011, 01:37 PM
 
Location: USA
31,013 posts, read 22,056,089 times
Reputation: 19069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The fluff girls are the unsung heroes of porn.
I wonder what a Fluff girl gets paid?
 
Old 06-29-2011, 02:20 PM
 
Location: Tampa (by way of Omaha)
14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Reputation: 10356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
The fluff girls are the unsung heroes of porn.
Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I wonder what a Fluff girl gets paid?
Not much.
 
Old 06-29-2011, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Austin, Texas
2,754 posts, read 6,099,791 times
Reputation: 4669
You don't marry a porn queen.
You hook-up with one, along with one of her gf's, in a motel room for a couple nights with an 8-ball and a bottle of chilled Jager. I mean, hey, use 'em for what they're meant for.
You marry a nice, smart, creative, funny, gorgeous, well-mannered girl.
Like I did.
 
Old 06-29-2011, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Wu Dang Mountain
12,940 posts, read 21,618,842 times
Reputation: 8681
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I wonder what a Fluff girl gets paid?
Don't know, but I bet they get a lot of raises!
 
Old 06-29-2011, 04:09 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
5,779 posts, read 14,572,273 times
Reputation: 4024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
So, if you knew one and were friends and it led to something more, would you do it?

In the grand scheme of things and looking at the situation objectively and logically. It would be hard to really make an argument against dating one if everything else clicked in terms of a relationship.

For example. Women that are not porn stars, that are attractive and have a high sex drive are inherently always looking for a better deal, so it is only a matter of time before one cheats on you - which would involve lying, deception and manipulation until you find out. A porn star would never cheat since technically going to work and performing would not be cheating.

A regular woman would require all of the usual time, effort and money involved in taking care of her all while validating her ego and giving her attention as well (craved by women like an addict wants cocaine). With a porn star, she would have her own money from filming, her website and occasional stipping tours, and she would never need the constant attention a normal woman would to feed her ego since she is more than likely confident enough in her self and own beauty.

As far as the sexual side of things, it would be a given that she is down for anything she already has done at work, and would be more so within the parameters of her own relationship.

If you were with one, it would be safe to assume that she actually valued her relationship with you since she could have almost any other guy that she wanted and that alone would be a plus.

The average girl next door, if you had access to video footage of every sexual encounter she ever engaged in, at the end of the day would probably not seem much different than a porn star - with the only difference being one of them has had her experiences filmed and was paid for them and the other one has not, while telling you she has only been with five guys before.
Date one? Sure, porn stars are clean. If they have any STIs or STDs they arent allowed to perform

I think sex could actually be an issue. What if her performance standards are really high and afterwards she says "You were good, but not as good as the guy I filmed with today he did..." I'll leave the rest of that quote to your imagination

It could be fun though to date an incredibly hot porn star for a little while. Would I marry one and have kids with one? Only if she were to retire
 
Old 06-29-2011, 07:41 PM
 
Location: CA
3,467 posts, read 8,142,090 times
Reputation: 4841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
For example. Women that are not porn stars, that are attractive and have a high sex drive are inherently always looking for a better deal, so it is only a matter of time before one cheats on you - which would involve lying, deception and manipulation until you find out.
False premise used here. Being attractive & having a high sex drive does not mean you are a liar/cheater nor that you can't be satisfied in a monogamous relationship. Many women prize emotional compatibility first anyway.

Quote:
A porn star would never cheat since technically going to work and performing would not be cheating.
But she could still develop a non-work relationship with a co-worker, or cheat with a friend, etc. Considering many women cheat for emotional reasons, having a lot of sex at work doesn't eliminate that temptation.
Not to mention, porn stars DO act to a degree, meaning work is likely not as "satisfying" as it appears.

Quote:
A regular woman would require all of the usual time, effort and money involved in taking care of her all while validating her ego and giving her attention as well (craved by women like an addict wants cocaine). With a porn star, she would have her own money from filming, her website and occasional stipping tours, and she would never need the constant attention a normal woman would to feed her ego since she is more than likely confident enough in her self and own beauty.
So women who are not porn-stars don't work?
They don't have careers?
The can't earn financial, business, academic, artistic, etc, achievements?
They can't support themselves financially?
They aren't ever confident in their looks?

Many women in porn are NOT confident, nor are they emotionally stable. Many are products of abuse. I wish I had the link to the study which showed the rates of childhood/teenage sexual/physical abuse of those in porn vs those in a non-sex industry like nursing. The rates are waaaaay higher for those in porn (is anyone surprised?), pretty much being the majority of people. It's theorized this is due to the psychological tendency to try and recreate a situation of past abuse so as to gain control of it this time, but instead they just become a victim again; it's a vicious cycle (it's the classic victim seeking out a victimizer cycle). These women are mostly victims acting out, not empowered women with a lot of confidence.

So having sex for money is often a sign of low self-esteem, not confidence.

People prone to exhibitionism are often attention-whores also, so it's more likely a porn star would be higher maintenance than a typical woman.

Quote:
As far as the sexual side of things, it would be a given that she is down for anything she already has done at work, and would be more so within the parameters of her own relationship.
Or, if she has a history of sexual/physical abuse (the likelihood of that being high), she might have a lot of hang-ups and emotional baggage.

Quote:
If you were with one, it would be safe to assume that she actually valued her relationship with you since she could have almost any other guy that she wanted and that alone would be a plus.
I have a feeling many men would not want a LTR or marriage with a porn star, so it's safe to say one could not have any man she wanted.
Quote:
The average girl next door, if you had access to video footage of every sexual encounter she ever engaged in, at the end of the day would probably not seem much different than a porn star - with the only difference being one of them has had her experiences filmed and was paid for them and the other one has not, while telling you she has only been with five guys before
The average woman usually has less than 5 sexual partners in a lifetime, according to most anonymous statistics. I doubt you could say the same for the average porn star. Plus, the average woman does not accept money for sex & it's not viewed as a business move. Most of their "encounters" will take place within a relationship involving mutual feelings & desire, more than just an exchange of money & bodily-fluids.


If you want to or would date a porn star, that is your decision, but these arguments in favor of it are simply poor. I don't see why you need to justify your decision anyway; if it's not a problem for you, then it's no one else's business. Although, understating why others don't consider it in such a favorable light could alert you to real, potential problems with such a decision....
 
Old 06-29-2011, 07:53 PM
 
Location: Middle of the valley
48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Reputation: 73739
If everyone votes "porn star" do you have any hope of actually dating one, or is this question strictly theoretical?

Signing up for the fan club doesn't count...
 
Old 06-30-2011, 09:58 PM
 
Location: St. Joseph Area
6,233 posts, read 9,479,223 times
Reputation: 3133
Would I date a porn star? No. Any woman who would do that must have some serious issues.
 
Old 06-30-2011, 10:15 PM
 
Location: An absurd world.
5,160 posts, read 9,169,978 times
Reputation: 2024
I don't have a problem with porn stars or people who would date them, but I personally wouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top