Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
This might be a bit cliche, but seriously, how do I become confident in myself without becoming an egotist?? Also how do I stop comparing myself to other girls who I think (and I think the guys do too) is more attractive than me and gets more guys??

I cannot tell you how discouraging it is to want to talk to a guy that I want to, and then some other girl who's waaaaayyy hotter than me (no homo) shows up first!
Forget about the comparison / competition aspect, my friend...focus exclusively on the guy himself, and in putting your best possible foot forward, with him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 08:41 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
find ways to become more internally validating. One trick I try to remember is when I see a girl thats universally and conventionally hot and good looking, first instinct is to envy right? (thank you society), try to envision yourself loving them or radiating love towards them. It's the exact opposite of the reaction you'd normally give which is what you want. Do the same things and you'll get the same results.
^^^^
An excellent suggestion, for OP!! Well said

Old 06-27-2011, 10:16 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,058 times
Thanx everyone!! you guys are awesome!! And to tell the truth, it's not that I don't think I'm ugly (well maybe under certain lights) but I just don't feel pretty compared to others who are maybe taller, thinner (I'm not fat, I'm actually on the lower end of normal on the BMI scale), has certain features that I don't, etc. But I need to realize that all are different and no two people are the same and that I can only be the best version of me rather than a second rate version of someone else.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:22 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Um blazer is a dude? You wanna see his pecks?
Huh?

Old 06-27-2011, 11:53 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
maybe date guys that are in your league. Girls generally get more options then guys do.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:18 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
maybe date guys that are in your league. Girls generally get more options then guys do.
There is no league! Its an excuse for people who can't get what they want!

Old 06-28-2011, 07:35 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
This might be a bit cliche, but seriously, how do I become confident in myself without becoming an egotist?? Also how do I stop comparing myself to other girls who I think (and I think the guys do too) is more attractive than me and gets more guys??

I cannot tell you how discouraging it is to want to talk to a guy that I want to, and then some other girl who's waaaaayyy hotter than me (no homo) shows up first!

That guy was just blind..
Appreciate that other women are beautiful...and you will be confident within yourself..

Old 06-28-2011, 07:43 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Thanx everyone!! you guys are awesome!! And to tell the truth, it's not that I don't think I'm ugly (well maybe under certain lights) but I just don't feel pretty compared to others who are maybe taller, thinner (I'm not fat, I'm actually on the lower end of normal on the BMI scale), has certain features that I don't, etc. But I need to realize that all are different and no two people are the same and that I can only be the best version of me rather than a second rate version of someone else.

Learn to love your good qualities..I have such high self esteem..I dont have big boobs..or perfectly straight teeth..But I do have confidence..I have nice qualities that I love showing off...My motto is I'm just so freakn damn cute...

Old 06-28-2011, 10:09 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
Keep in mind that not every guy likes the same type of attractive. As in, some guys may find you "cute" or "pretty" and not so much in others. Sometimes they're good at hiding it.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:26 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:

There's always going to be someone who's better looking than you. Start by accepting that and learning to live with it. Even if you were the most beautiful person in the world, your looks would eventually fade and soon other women would be more attractive than you. Some of the most confident women I've ever met weren't the most beautiful women in the room and they knew it. But they liked who they were and that's what they projected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships