Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 04:21 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times

Advertisements

CancerianMoonPrincess........being confident does not equal egotistical.....and remember...you are your own worst critic...what you see as more beautiful, most likely is not what the guys see....there is no contest in life to see who gets the most guys...just be happy, and love yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 07:28 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
Once we are out of high school no one really cares who gets what guy except ourselves. You are too hard on yourself. Do not look around and compare yourself to other girls. You are the only person on Earth just like you, and that makes you special. Every one, even the girls you see as really hot, has insecurites and things they have to work on. Just learn to love yourself, and others will too.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
There is no league! Its an excuse for people who can't get what they want!
Oh, yeah?! Is that why you ask us every other day which part to shave or not shave?!

Old 06-28-2011, 07:37 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Once we are out of high school no one really cares who gets what guy except ourselves. You are too hard on yourself. Do not look around and compare yourself to other girls. You are the only person on Earth just like you, and that makes you special. Every one, even the girls you see as really hot, has insecurites and things they have to work on. Just learn to love yourself, and others will too.
These be wise words...

Old 06-28-2011, 07:48 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Learn to love your good qualities..I have such high self esteem..I dont have big boobs..or perfectly straight teeth..But I do have confidence..I have nice qualities that I love showing off...My motto is I'm just so freakn damn cute...
That's not a motto. It's a slogan...

Old 06-29-2011, 06:39 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
This might be a bit cliche, but seriously, how do I become confident in myself without becoming an egotist?? Also how do I stop comparing myself to other girls who I think (and I think the guys do too) is more attractive than me and gets more guys??

I cannot tell you how discouraging it is to want to talk to a guy that I want to, and then some other girl who's waaaaayyy hotter than me (no homo) shows up first!
I have no problem admitting I struggle with this too. I am constantly feeling inadequate when I compare myself to others and I think it is more common than people let on. A lot of people want to say they are so confident and don't do this but they do. I don't have any advice, just want to let you know I struggle with this too!

Old 06-29-2011, 07:30 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
There is always someone prettier, smarter, better sense of humor, better fashion sense, better cook, etc. the list is endless.

There is only one you that combines all your various positive and negative traits, and that's what makes you unique and desirable.

We are more than our individual pluses and minuses. It's the whole package that matters.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I have no problem admitting I struggle with this too. I am constantly feeling inadequate when I compare myself to others and I think it is more common than people let on. A lot of people want to say they are so confident and don't do this but they do. I don't have any advice, just want to let you know I struggle with this too!
I think we all struggle with this from time to time. I think it's much harder when you are younger. The older you get - hopefully the less you compare yourself with other people and are more content with yourself. When I was in my 20's, I remember all my friends in their 30's, 40's, etc. - would tell me how much happier they were in their 30's than in their 20's. They all said that they stopped caring about what other people thought so much and were so much more comfortable with themselves. I found this to be true for myself as well.
I think what most of us are sharing in this thread are the ways that we overcame this or the tricks we use to overcome this still.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:45 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think we all struggle with this from time to time. I think it's much harder when you are younger. The older you get - hopefully the less you compare yourself with other people and are more content with yourself. When I was in my 20's, I remember all my friends in their 30's, 40's, etc. - would tell me how much happier they were in their 30's than in their 20's. They all said that they stopped caring about what other people thought so much and were so much more comfortable with themselves. I found this to be true for myself as well.
I think what most of us are sharing in this thread are the ways that we overcame this or the tricks we use to overcome this still.

I hope so! I will be 28 soon and I've heard good things about being in your 30's..I'm looking forward to becoming more confident and assured with who I am. I am not someone with terrible self esteem who hates myself or anything, but I do compare and find myself coming up short quite often...

Old 06-29-2011, 11:59 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, yeah?! Is that why you ask us every other day which part to shave or not shave?!
Nothing to do with relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships