Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 11:08 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times

Advertisements

I think it would be more polite to ask the person you went out with. Otherwise you could come off as a ruthless desperate you know what. Plus you don't want to cause fights between friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,692,848 times
Hmm, interesting point. But I went out with Joe only once, no romantic sparks, just a friendly pizza date. And maybe he'll learn from Joe that there hasn't been much connection between Joe and I. And I don't get the sense that Joe likes me that much at all, because if he did, I'm sure he'd be pursuing me and wanting to go out with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
They say all is fair in love and war, and I think in your situation it applies. Joe hasn't expressed any interest since, so it's safe to assume he's not interested in you. If you felt sparks with Bob, why not? It takes guts to call Joe and ask him, but if you're willing to do that, all the power to you. It's not like you and Joe were close or anything. The worst that can happen is that Joe says no and you'll feel slightly embarrassed, but you can live with that right? Looking at it from Bob's side though, he'll probably be reluctant to go out with someone his friend already went out with.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:18 PM

Do you mean like sort of asking Joe's permission to ask Bob out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I think it would be more polite to ask the person you went out with. Otherwise you could come off as a ruthless desperate you know what. Plus you don't want to cause fights between friends.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:20 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Hmm, interesting point. But I went out with Joe only once, no romantic sparks, just a friendly pizza date. And maybe he'll learn from Joe that there hasn't been much connection between Joe and I. And I don't get the sense that Joe likes me that much at all, because if he did, I'm sure he'd be pursuing me and wanting to go out with me.
He might be thinking the same thing since you are not doing much to ask him out, talk about hanging out again, etc. Women are the ones saying men don't like women who take the initiative. Many guys have already expressed its fine with them. Sure, there are those who feel their masculinity is threatened if a girl asks them out. To each, their own.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:21 PM

I agree, even though I would rather be pursued, I tend to be bold and ask a guy out if I like him. Then if I get rejected, which I often do, then at least I went for it. A few have said yes in the past!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin070388 View Post
Terrible advice. 1)The majority of men DO NOT like to pursue. The majority pursue simply because they have to. 2)Just because a man likes you, doesn't mean he'll ask you out. If you're interested, ask him out. You have no right to complain if you're going to remain in a passive position.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:26 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
I agree, even though I would rather be pursued, I tend to be bold and ask a guy out if I like him. Then if I get rejected, which I often do, then at least I went for it. A few have said yes in the past!
As it has been talked about in past threads, women in general (specially western women) prefer men to be the ones who take the initiative, ask them out, take care of expenses, show that they can provide, open their doors, romance/woo them, and so on. But you have asked a guy out and seen how it has worked just fine so why not try it again? You’ve been rejected before, guess what, men go through that too so just shake the dust off and move on. Failing is a part of life, we all go through it.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:29 PM

330 posts, read 599,186 times
Who brings a "friend" on a date??? That is an outing not a date. You should ask his friend out!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:38 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Man rule #3. Though shall not move in on another mans woman with out his "Open and Honest permission" or a long period of time has past. Woman and some men don't seem to get this. I got into a major fight "Came to blows" when I was young and dumb. This happened when a girl I was dating, up and decided she liked my room mate more than I. At the time he asked me and I said "Ok, I don't care" with a scowl on my face. The following Satuday we were out at the bar drinking when the true feelings came out.

Confirm Joe's "Honest" lack of interest, then tell him you are interested in his friend and to pass the word.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 06-29-2011 at 01:43 PM..

Old 06-29-2011, 12:44 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Do you mean like sort of asking Joe's permission to ask Bob out?
Yep

Old 06-29-2011, 12:53 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,277 times
Quote:
would it be terribly tacky for me to contact Joe and ask if Bob would interested in going for a drink????
yes

if you want to ask out bob, call bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships