Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 01:27 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times

Advertisements

To the OP: I don't think you sound weird at all. You sound intelligent, introspective and have some self-knowledge (and you can be critical of yourself), which are all great qualities. If I were a man, I would much rather have an intelligent virgin to date than a shallow tramp.

It's not unusual to be self-conscious around men you like. We are almost all like this and it's OK. Don't beat yourself up, you sound OK to me! And friendship can be overrated. Millions of people are loners and have few, if any, friends. That's not a dealbreaker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 01:49 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,337 times
I know I'm late, but write a letter.

No one writes letters anymore.

Once they receive a letter in the mail, they will know something is off.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:08 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,261 times
You are not weird, just one of the many people out there who are shy or suffer from social anxiety disorder....what saved me as a kid was that I lived in a small town, and didn't have to keep on meeting new people. Since then I have been mostly a loner but have 5 kids so not alone. What I think works better than counseling is to be treated with Paxil for social anxiety disorder, it subtly removes inhibitions and really helped me.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:32 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beilua Rose View Post
I'm not normal. Really. I'm not.

Additional Information is in RED. You can choose to skip this and read the black font after the red print.

These are the characteristics that I carry:
  • I haven't truly hungout with a friend since Middle School.
  • I haven't hungout with a group of friends since Elementary School.
  • I obviously don't have any friends now. (I am in my 20's now)
  • I don't have any, ANY pictures to show of my youth besides the years when I was 7 and under. (Yes, this includes Prom, High School graduation, "Fun" summers I've had-none.)
  • I'm obviously a virgin. (I try my best to deny or hide this)
  • I have a hard time connecting with people, especially men, ESPECIALLY the men I like. Oy-Vey.
  • I don't talk that much generally speaking. I guess I may talk if I feel comfortable around the guy and have known him for a bit but that rarely happens so...
Sane Characteristics that may save me:
  • I consider myself indepedent.
  • I am open-minded (This may seem contradicting consider previous statements)
  • I don't really drink that much
  • I respect myself and those around me
  • Very Considerate
  • Creative Mind--Artistically speaking.
  • Enjoy humor.
  • Love to laugh
Characteristics that will Break me

I just don't know how to socialize well...

I don't want a guy to think I'm normal and then realize how weird I truly am after being around me. I can't afford to further smash my own ego. How do I imply that I am weird without coming off as completely insane?
You are not weird..just have quirks and are not the typical norm..
The characteristics you have stated you admire outweigh what you call weird...
Be honest..
I am...a little different myself..and I pride myself in that..I revel in that I am not the norm..
So when based on my looks and a guy states that they like me? I always state..."lol I am not for everyone..I am who I am and I make no apologies..I have heard that there is someone for everyone and I figure I can wait" So I SAY lets move forward and if you cannot deal? Good luck..I do not want anyone WHOM cannot ACCEPT me..NEXT.. It really is not that complicated..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships