U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 10:24 PM

142 posts, read 310,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
How many of them are women? See... you still have it better!
Hahahahaha. You have a point there, but guess what? The women who are CEOs aint 5'2! They're super tall also! HEIGHT HEIGHT HEIGHT!
Rate this post positively

Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 PM

42,835 posts, read 83,656,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooga Booga View Post
LOL. The people don't want to believe that it is really that bad, but it IS, and for every one who says , "You're a fool, you're pulling this out of your arse, this is silly", we can find legitimate statistical data to back up what we're saying from REPUTABLE sources, and they'll STILL have something to try to dismiss it!

Yeah...... I had enough of that world, was done with being a super short man.... Like I said, 5'9 aint tall, but it aint short enough to be discriminated against, and THAT's a fact!

sierraAZ, 5'2 is JUST below average, it isn't 5' or below which is WELL UNDER AVERAGE. It's not until you're WELL UNDER AVERAGE that height becomes the focal point of discussion. Every inch counts! It's why people actors and politicans who are male and 5'8 and above are spared the height teasing, and those 5'7 and below are teased to no end straight from the gate. When you're short, you pay attention to these things! Average - Tall, you won't give a damn, because it affects you NONE!

5'2 for women is equivalent to 5'8 for men in the U.S. 5'1 for 5'7 and so on (Think Lady Gaga, Paula Abdul, their height is brought up frequently, but never Selena Gomez who is 5'2). Women get brownie points however b/c being short is seen as cute and has no effect on whether someone will find them attractive or not.

Anything under that is always the subject of teasing and comparisons.

It's funny how SHAOLIN only posted the FIRST Google hit for the CEO article (thanks), but there's a whole million pages of articles proving that point.

Hahahaha - Heightism is a blatant prejudice dude, and men get double smacked by that prejudice. Like I said, you can accept your fate or beat it! And my surgery helped me beat the worst of it!
Wow, it's amazing how Hollywood lies! I would've never, in a million years, imagined that Jason Priestley (90210) is my height!

Jason Priestley facts - Freebase

You can see others here who didn't do too shabbily!

Short Actors - Freebase

How tall do you think Tom Cruise is? Most likely not even 5'7"! How about Danny DeVito?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:50 PM

And he is TEASED to no end! There are a few EXCEPTIONSSSSSSS to the rule. Jason Priestly being one of them (he is 5'6 1/2, not 5'2), and Michael J Fox (5'4) being another. However sierraAZ, doesn't change the fact that you (and most common, NON-celebrity, average everyday women) prefer tall(er) men yourself! HEIGHT HEIGHT HEIGHT! Would you date and lust after Danny DeVito?... Thought not.... But someone else will (hopefully) find him attractive right? Lol (yes, I know he's been married to Rhea Perlman for 30 years).

No thanks! I'd rather be what I am now, a little taller (than I was at 5'6), NOT deal with the name calling, NOT have attention be on my height all of the time, AND be successful and rich

Old 07-01-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
However sierraAZ, doesn't change the fact that you prefer tall men yourself!
I may prefer it, but it's not set in stone provided there are other attractive traits.

Old 07-01-2011, 10:58 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,445,311 times
You think women care about height more than character?

I've noticed that the majority of tall guys I've met were arrogant because of their HEIGHT, the below average...a lot were humble…just saying.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I may prefer it, but it's not set in stone provided there are other attractive traits.
But you still prefer it, and will gravitate toward it as a result of your preferences . Many (most) share those same preferences.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:04 PM

Quote:
But you still prefer it, and will gravitate toward it as a result of your preferences . Many (most) share those same preferences.
Well, first of all, I'm not in the habit of taking out a measuring tape when I meet people. Second of all, my last attempt at a relationship was with somebody who probably wasn't even 5'8". That didn't prevent him from being an as@, though.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:08 PM

I've seen enough threads where you favor taller over shorter, and tease celebrities who are on the shorter side and ask them if women would be remotely interested in them if they worked in fast food and were lower on celebrity type cash

I'm not saying you wouldn't date short guys, hell, I had dates when I was 5'6, but life overall sure is much different at 5'9! And you get to hear women comment on shorter guys who were around my natural height when I go out Your "attempt" at dating someone who you might have had to break out a measuring tape was still skewed a bit, as any attempt is already slightly biased because it is out of your comfort zone!

NO backpedaling!!!!! I'm not busting your chops because of your preferences. You're entitled to them and I completely respect them, but let's call it what it is!

I'd bet cold hard dinero that "probably isn't even 5'8" definitely isn't 5'4!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 PM

7,288 posts, read 12,015,769 times
The lengths (!) some people will go to . . . the problem was all in your head . . .you were always worthwhile - just lacked confidence. Not every woman will date a short man, but you only need one good woman . . . and there are many who don't care about height.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 PM

12,671 posts, read 22,408,905 times
There is no procedure for this in USA. What are the long term side effects?

Do you feel natural?

Money can buy looks. Would you feel guilty if a woman ONLY now liked your for your height only?

Quote:
I had Leg Lengthening about a year and a half ago. I was 28, and was frustrated at my natural height of 5'6. It is no secret that women prefer taller men and that shorter people are generally not taken seriously. I hopped on a flight to Kurgan, Russia, had a consultation with doctors, and then spent $26,000 to have my legs cut, bones stretched apart, consolidate and then harden. I now stand at close to 5'9 (but say 5'8).

This difference in height of going from below average to average is like night and day. Women smile at me more when I am out and about, people, men and women approach me differently with first impression and while I am not tall, I generally feel as though I get more respect. I can walk, have no pains (anymore), and life is back to normal. I go back to Russia in two months to have the internal rods taken out, and my scars are virtually invisble. My proportions are great because pre surgery, my arms were slightly longer naturally (by about 2.5 cm).

While I do not recommend this surgery, I met many Americans (male and female) there who were there for the same procedure. While I had the company of international patients who spoke English, beautiful russian women, and of course my laptop and x-box, this whole experience is something I will never forget, and has done nothing but good for me.

While rejection is imminent, I rarely get rejected because of height off the bat anymore, women don't take attitudes when I approach them (like in a nightclub), my overall quality of life has improved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.