U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 09:00 AM

142 posts, read 310,762 times

Advertisements

I don't have to be 6' at allllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am completely content and happy at being 5'9 Way off from 5'6 in the dating world. If a woman who is 5'6 puts on a pair of heels and is uninterested in me because she is eye level, she can go on her way

I'm not looking for them. I am completely content with the 5'4 and under crowd. There are plenty plenty plenty of those.

Feels GREAT to be average, and that can't be taken away.

Last edited by JustJulia; 07-02-2011 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: No advertising!
Rate this post positively

Old 07-02-2011, 09:05 AM

24,671 posts, read 65,029,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooga Booga View Post
I will happily wear the term. LONG LIVE NAPOLEON! Doesn't change the fact that my dating life has SOARED! A 6ft guy with the same character traits made famous by a Napoleon complex will be forgiven because he's tall. At 5'9 no one seems to mind. They hell of sure did when I was 5'6
Bully for you. However, apropos the first sentence of my post it really does strike me as a little odd that you have devoted countless repetitive posts on this thread defending your decision to have this radical surgery. I'm sure everyone is very happy that your confidence has been boosted along with your height but surely enough has been said and you needn't keep playing the same record over and over again.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:07 AM

Point taken STT. My repetition was geared towards people who chimed in, but didn't read prior posts and left their opinion, it wasn't really to beat a dead horse, but point taken.

It isn't confidence at all by the way, it's the rules of the game and my position. Nuff said. I digress.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:20 AM

8,680 posts, read 14,354,810 times
Your money, your body, more power to ya.

I just think it's a lousy comment on society that it would make such a difference.

Please forgive me if this has been asked already somewhere in these 18 pages, but how do/would you talk about this to anyone you get involved with? Has it come up? Or would you bring it up at all? Say you meet a fabulous woman and you get serious before you go back to Russia for the follow up. Would you tell her what the trip is for?

Just curious. With things like boob jobs, it's easy for someone to figure out pretty quickly. Even if people can't tell by looking, a partner will find out by handling. I don't know much about leg lengthening, so I imagine it's like a good nose job--tough to tell unless the person mentions it.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:27 AM

Good question Yzette. Many of the people I was in the facility with, men or women, this question came up a lot. Many of the international patients said they would never mention a word of it to anyone they happened to meet.

Personally, I wouldn't tell people I just started dating, but definitely to someone I was considering being serious with. I know plenty of women who got boob jobs that look very real, and never mention a word of it to their boyfriends.

It's not in me to keep secrets from people, but in the big picture, casual dating, its not a need to know item.

If the woman freaked out about it, by all means she could pick up and leave.

I strongly feel I didn't grow naturally to average or above because of poor nutrition growing up (kids can't control this stuff unfortunately), so I'm pretty sure my kids will be tall. I did it for me and for my quality of life where I live. As you said, yes, its a sad commentary on society but unfortunately it is what it is. You either fight to beat them, or join them.

Old 07-02-2011, 10:02 AM

7,288 posts, read 12,015,769 times
Please comment on the long term health affects as well as any current restrictions, re: athletics.

Where are the scars?

Old 07-02-2011, 10:07 AM

330 posts, read 556,475 times
I really do see a complete double standard here. People get nose jobs, breast enhancement, "vaginal rejuvenation”, Botox, etc. This guy did his "plastic surgery" and he is getting great results. GOOD FOR HIM. As I said before I am 5'4' and women by and large do not care for shorter men. Do I still meet women? Yes, and I've been with many of them. But I have had to work much harder than the average guy. Women like what they like, that’s just the way the world is. Online dating is a complete waste, no woman looks for a man 5'4' (and please women who are online be HONEST about it), I still meet women in person, I have a good personality, and I learned good "game." By the way my “game” is not to fool women or jump them, it’s to meet them for relationships. I am not a PUA type of guy, but I did learn good skills to ask women out like a man. If I had the choice I would do it, but at 45 I think a Leg Lengthening surgery is not for me. Besides I am a bit on the thinner side, in great proportion for my size, but I would be very "sting bean" at 5'7. Life is what it is. Though statistics say shorter men earn less in work, I am not sure that I personally have been particularly economically disadvantaged in that aspect. I say good job to the original poster.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 07-02-2011, 11:13 AM

imcurious, it is case by case. Generally, you should be 100% back to normal between 12-18 months with full mobility, 100% weight bearing, with no issues to speak of. Things can go wrong when lengthening if you don't follow directions like Ballerina Foot or Duck Ass. Your job is to make sure you have union and bones consolidate properly. Diet is important with a lot of protien, if you must do lots of stretching (1-2 hrs daily to prevent ballerina foot), and you can't lengthen too much each day otherwise you will deal with tight muscles (= pain, muscles and tissue have to stretch and grow along with the bone), and you have to be on top of everything with your physical therapy.

If you don't follow these directions then you're looking for trouble. Any complication stores arose because patients didn't follow their doctors orders with rehabilitation. This the reason I went to Russia and didn't stay here.

The procedure was invented in Russia and they urge you to stay in the facility from surgery to complete recovery with rehabilitation and therapy done for your entire stay. Here in the U.S. you get your surgery, stay in the hospital for a few week and do lengthening, physical therapy and get X-rays on your own.

The media over dramatizes the pain aspect of the operation. You are in lots of pain for the first week or so, and then it becomes completely manageable. They adminster pain medication (tramadol), and nurses are there for you every step of the way. Here are a few YouTube videos.

Short And Male - Leg Lengthening (Way Overdramatic) -
YouTube - ‪S&M: Short and Male - Leg Lengthening‬‏

Dr Paley And Med Student Leg Lengthening -
YouTube - ‪Dr Paley: Cosmetic Limb Lengthening Surgery‬‏

Women And Leg Lengthening -
YouTube - ‪Leg-lengthening Newest Craze in Plastic Surgery‬‏

I Never Saw This Video Before!!!!!!!!!! (Happy for her!) - This is the Australian woman who had the procedure to go from well below average to average (5' to 5'4) -
YouTube - ‪Hajnal Ban's office opening with Tony Abbott‬‏

Old 07-02-2011, 11:55 AM

7,288 posts, read 12,015,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooga Booga View Post
imcurious, it is case by case. Generally, you should be 100% back to normal between 12-18 months with full mobility, 100% weight bearing, with no issues to speak of. Things can go wrong when lengthening if you don't follow directions like Ballerina Foot or Duck Ass. Your job is to make sure you have union and bones consolidate properly. Diet is important with a lot of protien, if you must do lots of stretching (1-2 hrs daily to prevent ballerina foot), and you can't lengthen too much each day otherwise you will deal with tight muscles (= pain, muscles and tissue have to stretch and grow along with the bone), and you have to be on top of everything with your physical therapy.

If you don't follow these directions then you're looking for trouble. Any complication stores arose because patients didn't follow their doctors orders with rehabilitation. This the reason I went to Russia and didn't stay here.

The procedure was invented in Russia and they urge you to stay in the facility from surgery to complete recovery with rehabilitation and therapy done for your entire stay. Here in the U.S. you get your surgery, stay in the hospital for a few week and do lengthening, physical therapy and get X-rays on your own.

The media over dramatizes the pain aspect of the operation. You are in lots of pain for the first week or so, and then it becomes completely manageable. They adminster pain medication (tramadol), and nurses are there for you every step of the way. Here are a few YouTube videos.

Short And Male - Leg Lengthening (Way Overdramatic) -
YouTube - ‪S&M: Short and Male - Leg Lengthening‬‏

Dr Paley And Med Student Leg Lengthening -
YouTube - ‪Dr Paley: Cosmetic Limb Lengthening Surgery‬‏

Women And Leg Lengthening -
YouTube - ‪Leg-lengthening Newest Craze in Plastic Surgery‬‏

I Never Saw This Video Before!!!!!!!!!! (Happy for her!) - This is the Australian woman who had the procedure to go from well below average to average (5' to 5'4) -
YouTube - ‪Hajnal Ban's office opening with Tony Abbott‬‏
I would think the bone pain would be unbearable. Are you addicted to pain medication?

I wonder what the long term affects will be on mobility, arthritis, etc. Are there any old people who have lived to tell about it?

And "the babes . . ." Do you have a girlfriend?

Old 07-02-2011, 12:00 PM

I'm seeing a few different women now, one has the potential to be a future girlfriend (I hope)... Feels good to say this, because shorter guys generally have to scrap. You are lucky to get a date here even with all of the confidence in the world, and then may have a very long dry spell as a shorter guy (the writer guy might be able to relate) since. I don't play games (like the 5'4 guy said), and the women I'm seeing understand that we're dating. Trying to get to know people.

No pain medication addiction. I stopped using it within a few weeks of the surgery. For the next few months it was muscle pain, no pain in the bone, and it becomes very bearable (at least for me).

There are people (with photo and video diary proof) who had the surgery up to 15 years ago and are still going strong. The surgery itself has been performed for 60 years with Cosmetic procedures going on for the last 30-40.

Last edited by JustJulia; 07-02-2011 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: No advertising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships