U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2011, 12:14 PM

330 posts, read 556,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooga Booga View Post
I'm seeing a few different women now, one has the potential to be a future girlfriend (I hope)... Feels good to say this, because shorter guys generally have to scrap. You are lucky to get a date here even with all of the confidence in the world, and then may have a very long dry spell as a shorter guy (the writer guy might be able to relate) since. I don't play games (like the 5'4 guy said), and the women I'm seeing understand that we're dating. Trying to get to know people.

No pain medication addiction. I stopped using it within a few weeks of the surgery. For the next few months it was muscle pain, no pain in the bone, and it becomes very bearable (at least for me).

There are people (with photo and video diary proof) who had the surgery up to 15 years ago and are still going strong. The surgery itself has been performed for 60 years with Cosmetic procedures going on for the last 30-40.
What I dont understand is the COMPLETE DOUBLE STANDARD from the board... !!! Boob Jobs.. no problem... height job then its OMG!

Last edited by JustJulia; 07-02-2011 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: Removed reference to deleted comment.
Rate this post positively

Old 07-02-2011, 12:28 PM

142 posts, read 310,762 times
the-writer-guy, unfortunately, the short man's fight is the short man's fight alone. Nobody generally cares is the problem. That's why boards like Moderator cut: the one I visited exist. We see the world a bit differently and are a lot more observant because we are generally undesired (key word, generally, obviously short men do get married, have kids, etc). Especially these days where every man on television towers with a vengence over their women even in their highest heels, nobody blinks an eye and thinks short guys are insane to want to do such a thing.

Very typical for people to pass the buck along

Girl 1: "I'm not into short guys, but there's plenty of people out there, you'll find someone"
Girl 2: "I know I'm only 5'2, but my man has to be at least 5'10"
Girl 3: "My dad is short, but I don't know why I only like taller guys"
Girl 4: "I'm 4'10, what would I look like if my boyfriend can't reach the top shelf"

Everyone says be confident WHATEVER. You know what's going on. Those who are level (average) or at the advantage are the status quo and are comfortable. You should also "accept yourself and your disadvantage" and just "embrace your shortness". "Learn how to be charming and witty". Lol. "You'll find someone someday"

Not cool when your female counterparts can walk outside or into a nightclub or other settings and get plenty of offers, have all of the average and taller guys having a clean shot while you leave those settings because you're ignored, not taken seriously, made fun of and have to spend your Saturday nights alone.

All the crap I used to hear when I was shorter. I wanted no part of that as I left my 20s. I wanted to enjoy life and just be like everybody else. Flaws and all.

Last edited by JustJulia; 07-02-2011 at 06:31 PM..

Old 07-02-2011, 12:32 PM

16,703 posts, read 9,320,375 times
Rather than going to such lengths to avoid discrimination how about doing something to fight it? Maybe dark skinned people should all bleach their skin too. Caving in to prejudice makes one part of the problem. Scary how everyone wants to look alike these days.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:33 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,367,750 times
I'm 5'9", so I guess I should thank my maker for making my genes this way.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:34 PM

Tamajane, all of the legislation and fighting in the world isn't going to change people's perceptions and the dating situations of the short man.... Just saying....

You can make Danny Devito star as an action hero barechested and all, and show him having fun with the ladies. Doesn't mean his lookalike in Boise working at the local UPS is going to be chased after or taken seriously by all of the women in his town.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:44 PM

16,703 posts, read 9,320,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooga Booga View Post
Tamajane, all of the legislation and fighting in the world isn't going to change people's perceptions and the dating situations of the short man.... Just saying....

You can make Danny Devito star as an action hero barechested and all, and show him having fun with the ladies. Doesn't mean his lookalike in Boise working at the local UPS is going to be chased after or taken seriously by all of the women in his town.
If it makes you happy, fine. But don't be telling people that it makes bones stronger and that you know you will never have complications. You will always have had history of significant injury to both legs and when you are older you will probably have chronic pain and arthritis. I hope 3 inches is worth it.

This said, I had plastic surgery in my twenties and regret it. The regret really set in many years later with some complications and I wish I could go back and see with clear eyes the risk I was taking for the sake of vanity.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:46 PM

It DOES make it stronger. Scientific fact. When the bones harden after LL, the union is stronger than what you had previously. Many of the regular cosmetic surgeries are all newer than LL. LL has been around for 60 years and has an excellent track record. Not to say that one can't have complications, but the rates are pretty low.

But as I said, the results for everyone WILL BE DIFFERENT. I'm not saying it is 100%. Everyone's body is different.

If you don't mind me asking, what plastic surgery did you have?

Old 07-02-2011, 12:51 PM

330 posts, read 556,475 times
back to double standards.. people inject themsleves with botchulism! (spelling sorry) a deadly disease!!! then complain about LL ???

Old 07-02-2011, 12:53 PM

478 posts, read 721,972 times
Shame they don't have a leg-shortening variation of the surgery, as well.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:54 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,367,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If it makes you happy, fine. But don't be telling people that it makes bones stronger and that you know you will never have complications. You will always have had history of significant injury to both legs and when you are older you will probably have chronic pain and arthritis. I hope 3 inches is worth it.

This said, I had plastic surgery in my twenties and regret it. The regret really set in many years later with some complications and I wish I could go back and see with clear eyes the risk I was taking for the sake of vanity.

Have a woman ask a woman this.

About height or the other thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.