U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-03-2011, 09:42 PM
 
330 posts, read 539,675 times
Reputation: 398

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I've read this whole thread.

This guy's lines sound too slick. I think he's an advertiser.

No doubt, being a short man is a disadvantage, both in the workplace and in the dating world.

But it is only a disadvantage, and does not prevent success !

There are many other disadvantages in life. I'm 5'11", and I've never been on more than one date in my life ! Where does that fit in the OP salesman's theory ? There are plenty of homeless people on the street who are above average in height. Where does that fit in the OP salesman's theory ?

At work, I have no idea what height my colleagues are. No clue. Thinking about it in light of this thread, I'm positive that several of them are below average in height, and they're doing just fine. And I've never paid attention to their height. The only guy who's height I've noticed is the guy who's, like 6'5 or 6'6.

One of my favorite movies is My Cousin Vinny. I had no idea Joe Pesci was even short until someone at work pointed that out he is. I watched the movie again, and I said, wow, he really is short. But he did such a good job in that movie that I didn't notice at all until someone pointed it out to me !

Men who are short need to decide whether it is worth the tremendous risk of breaking a leg. When they could just develop great talent, the way Joe Pesci has, and make something of their lives without choosing to take on tremendous pain and unnatural/unnecessary risk. But to each is own.

Oh, and I'm no fan of boob job or nose jobs either. But breaking a leg can't possibly be good for you. It's far more extreme than "traditional" plastic surgeries. It sounds far too risky to consider.
While being short is a severe hindrance to dating, it’s not the only thing! Or to put it "short" you can be unsuccessful with women at any height. The reason why you "don't see" short people is because you are not one of them. Your height is average, and you think like an average height man. The original poster is talking about men who are otherwise "regular" in every other way except height and how that is a tremendous disadvantage to dating and even to employment... Studies prove this.

I think you need also to find out why you have only been on one date in your life and work on your self-confidence. Because I know women aren't going to turn you down for height!
Rate this post positively

 
Old 07-03-2011, 09:55 PM
 
3,605 posts, read 5,373,152 times
Reputation: 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
While being short is a severe hindrance to dating, it’s not the only thing! Or to put it "short" you can be unsuccessful with women at any height. The reason why you "don't see" short people is because you are not one of them. Your height is average, and you think like an average height man. The original poster is talking about men who are otherwise "regular" in every other way except height and how that is a tremendous disadvantage to dating and even to employment... Studies prove this.

I think you need also to find out why you have only been on one date in your life and work on your self-confidence. Because I know women aren't going to turn you down for height!
Well, if the only people who "see" short people are other short people, then why are you worried about it ?

My eyes don't match, moreso than most other people. Nothing I can do about that. I had bad acne, and still have some of the scars from that. Nothing I can do about that. My turds stink worst than most peoples do, and so do other family members of mine, so it's genetic. Nothing I can do about that. My sweat stinks worst than most people's, has a kind of ammonia smell to it if I've done a ton of exercise. I can use deoderant, but this smell isn't only from my armpits. Nothing I can do about that. Because of my job, I'm stuck in a smaller town with fewer dating opportunities. Nothing I can do about that. All of those are things that I can't control that put me at a disadvantage in dating.

Now, let's talk employment. I have an unusual voice, and have a tendency to slur some words. Nothing I can do about that. My eyes not matching ... that's a disadvantage. My memory isn't as good as it used to be, and I suspect that I may eventually develop Alzheimer's disease. Nothing I can do about that. I have some real issues with multi-tasking, and always have. I really need to be able to focus on one project at a time in order to do my best work. Nothing I can do about that.

See, we all have disadvantages that we can't control. Some of us have more disadvantages than others. Many find ways to overcome all of their disadvantages.

If you want to risk destroying your legs, in order to fix your height disadvantage, have at it. But if I were in your shoes, there is no way I'd consider it. No way, no how.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-03-2011, 10:35 PM
 
330 posts, read 539,675 times
Reputation: 398
Well, if the only people who "see" short people are other short people, then why are you worried about it ? - You don't realize it, that does not mean you dont react to it. And honestly who cares about you, women DO judge by height.

My eyes don't match, moreso than most other people. Nothing I can do about that. I had bad acne, and still have some of the scars from that. - Get plastic surgery Nothing I can do about that. My turds stink worst than most peoples do, and so do other family members of mine, so it's genetic. Nothing I can do about that. My sweat stinks worst than most people's, has a kind of ammonia smell to it if I've done a ton of exercise. I can use deoderant, but this smell isn't only from my armpits. Nothing I can do about that. - please... if you can respond in a serious way, don't bother. Because of my job, I'm stuck in a smaller town with fewer dating opportunities. - Move Nothing I can do about that. All of those are things that I can't control that put me at a disadvantage in dating.

Now, let's talk employment. I have an unusual voice, and have a tendency to slur some words. - Get speach therapy.. Nothing I can do about that. My eyes not matching ... that's a disadvantage. My memory isn't as good as it used to be, and I suspect that I may eventually develop Alzheimer's disease. Nothing I can do about that. I have some real issues with multi-tasking, and always have. I really need to be able to focus on one project at a time in order to do my best work. Nothing I can do about that.
- honestly your a bit hostile and have double standards.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-03-2011, 10:57 PM
 
3,605 posts, read 5,373,152 times
Reputation: 3357
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
Well, if the only people who "see" short people are other short people, then why are you worried about it ? - You don't realize it, that does not mean you dont react to it. And honestly who cares about you, women DO judge by height.

My eyes don't match, moreso than most other people. Nothing I can do about that. I had bad acne, and still have some of the scars from that. - Get plastic surgery Nothing I can do about that. My turds stink worst than most peoples do, and so do other family members of mine, so it's genetic. Nothing I can do about that. My sweat stinks worst than most people's, has a kind of ammonia smell to it if I've done a ton of exercise. I can use deoderant, but this smell isn't only from my armpits. Nothing I can do about that. - please... if you can respond in a serious way, don't bother. Because of my job, I'm stuck in a smaller town with fewer dating opportunities. - Move Nothing I can do about that. All of those are things that I can't control that put me at a disadvantage in dating.

Now, let's talk employment. I have an unusual voice, and have a tendency to slur some words. - Get speach therapy.. Nothing I can do about that. My eyes not matching ... that's a disadvantage. My memory isn't as good as it used to be, and I suspect that I may eventually develop Alzheimer's disease. Nothing I can do about that. I have some real issues with multi-tasking, and always have. I really need to be able to focus on one project at a time in order to do my best work. Nothing I can do about that.
- honestly your a bit hostile and have double standards.
Hostile ? Double standards ? Non-serious ? I don't know where you're getting any of that. I actually do smell, and I've had people comment on my turds smell in a public bathroom. What kind of woman is going to want to date someone who leaves a bathroom smelling toxic ? My tone here is tongue-in-cheek, but the words I write are the truth. The smell of my turds does really bother me, and I don't know what the solution is. Any woman I date would find out about it eventually.

I notice that you have no solution for my eyes not matching. There's even a song out there that calls that ugly. ("If you want to be happy for the rest of your life").

As for work, my skill limitations with memory and multi-tasking are real disadvantages that really do limit my ability to advance in my career. Don't just shove that off as "insignificant" and evidence of a "double standard" just because it isn't the "sacred" height disadvantage that affects you. The irony of it is that it shows your double standard in believeing that height is a greater disadvantage than my disadvantages are, just because it happens to be your disadvantage.

It seems to me that you don't like to hear that other people have other disadvantages other than height. These disadvantages can be just as powerful as a height disadvantage. You can work to overcome your height disadvantage, and make it less noticeable. It's up to you. And note again, I didn't say that you shouldn't pay the huge price tag and take the severe risks of having your legs broken and lengthened. I said that there's no way I'd ever consider having that done to me. Just as I'd never consider having some extremely dangerous surgery that somehow made my eyes match better.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-03-2011, 11:57 PM
 
330 posts, read 539,675 times
Reputation: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I've read this whole thread.

This guy's lines sound too slick. I think he's an advertiser.

No doubt, being a short man is a disadvantage, both in the workplace and in the dating world.

But it is only a disadvantage, and does not prevent success !

There are many other disadvantages in life. I'm 5'11", and I've never been on more than one date in my life ! Where does that fit in the OP salesman's theory ? There are plenty of homeless people on the street who are above average in height. Where does that fit in the OP salesman's theory ?

At work, I have no idea what height my colleagues are. No clue. Thinking about it in light of this thread, I'm positive that several of them are below average in height, and they're doing just fine. And I've never paid attention to their height. The only guy who's height I've noticed is the guy who's, like 6'5 or 6'6.

One of my favorite movies is My Cousin Vinny. I had no idea Joe Pesci was even short until someone at work pointed that out he is. I watched the movie again, and I said, wow, he really is short. But he did such a good job in that movie that I didn't notice at all until someone pointed it out to me !

Men who are short need to decide whether it is worth the tremendous risk of breaking a leg. When they could just develop great talent, the way Joe Pesci has, and make something of their lives without choosing to take on tremendous pain and unnatural/unnecessary risk. But to each is own.

Oh, and I'm no fan of boob job or nose jobs either. But breaking a leg can't possibly be good for you. It's far more extreme than "traditional" plastic surgeries. It sounds far too risky to consider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Hostile ? Double standards ? Non-serious ? I don't know where you're getting any of that. I actually do smell, and I've had people comment on my turds smell in a public bathroom. What kind of woman is going to want to date someone who leaves a bathroom smelling toxic ? My tone here is tongue-in-cheek, but the words I write are the truth. The smell of my turds does really bother me, and I don't know what the solution is. Any woman I date would find out about it eventually.

I notice that you have no solution for my eyes not matching. There's even a song out there that calls that ugly. ("If you want to be happy for the rest of your life").

As for work, my skill limitations with memory and multi-tasking are real disadvantages that really do limit my ability to advance in my career. Don't just shove that off as "insignificant" and evidence of a "double standard" just because it isn't the "sacred" height disadvantage that affects you. The irony of it is that it shows your double standard in believeing that height is a greater disadvantage than my disadvantages are, just because it happens to be your disadvantage.

It seems to me that you don't like to hear that other people have other disadvantages other than height. These disadvantages can be just as powerful as a height disadvantage. You can work to overcome your height disadvantage, and make it less noticeable. It's up to you. And note again, I didn't say that you shouldn't pay the huge price tag and take the severe risks of having your legs broken and lengthened. I said that there's no way I'd ever consider having that done to me. Just as I'd never consider having some extremely dangerous surgery that somehow made my eyes match better.
Your not being serious.. if you have gastrointestinal problems such as you claim then see a good internist. I personally work very hard to overcome disadvantages. Facts are facts however and women DO judge on height. The LL surgery, i dont think it is for me either, but I can understand why the original poster did it, and I am happy for him, just as I am happy for women who do their plastic surgery. All operations have risk to them. The same women who gets to smell your "turds" who breaks up with you, has already "overlooked me" because of height. Because I work harder then most men, my height and above I do get quite a few women. You claimed only to have one date,,, so maybe you need improving! If you want, i can give you advice on how to get a date!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-04-2011, 07:06 AM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,906 posts, read 38,722,542 times
Reputation: 42632
Thread closed at OP request.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top