Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 11:58 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
I don't believe one bit of this.
lol neither do I...I read the title and just started laughing to myself. I remember the old thread before he was considering it...and thought that this was a funny follow up

Old 07-01-2011, 12:22 PM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times
I am glad for the Op myself.

We all have imperfections, I don't care who you are, you have something you would like to change.

The fact that the OP had the time and resources to make his life better then more power to him.

Who are we to judge if it was worth it or not to him? It might not be worth it to you, but to him it most certainly was. It's his life, his money, and his choice to make.

I don't understand his specific issues since I am over 6' tall but I do understand how hard life is and how hard everyone tries to fit in or be accepted. We all have things we wish we could change or that we wish was different. Don't be haters just because he managed to better himself even if his life is only better in his eyes, thats all that counts!

I had Lasik surgery. No difference in the concept of getting my eyes fixed so I dont wear glasses or him gaining a few inches to fit in.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:25 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,644 times
Is this the same surgery that has a high risk for leaving you unable to walk? Seems risky but it paid off for you it seems, iyo.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:42 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooga Booga View Post
This happens more often than you think! Read between the lines! and with JustJulia's permission, I can post a zillion links proving it. Thing is, I didn't need any of the links, I lived it daily!
You could post some links to general articles about how height surgery has helped people, but be prepared to be answered by articles that say the opposite. These articles should be about how being taller has improved relationships with people. This topic toes the line between the Relationships and Fashion & Beauty forums, so I might have to move it over there--in which case, be prepared for a different set of regulars, who will probably react with similar skepticism that you're not trying to sell them something.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:57 PM

142 posts, read 345,338 times
Some Links:

Details Magazine - Four Men Who Elected To Go Through LL - How Far Would You Go to Get Taller?: Critical Eye : Details

Short & Male Documentary - S&M: Short and Male - a documentary by Howard Goldberg on Vimeo

Interesting Video On Height/Blind Date -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFMsX70FUvE

Women And Cosmetic LL - Video - The Growing Pains of Cosmetic Leg Lengthening - WSJ.com

Hajnal Ban - Australian Politician Who Went From 5' to 5'4 - Australian councillor, Hajnal Ban, has legs broken to become taller - Times Online

Most Popular Forum For LL - MMT Community - Index

Typical Attitude Toward Short Men - Anyone Else Find Short Men Repulsive..??

Battle Ground Short Men - Do Short Men Stand A Chance? - AskMen

Old 07-01-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Some Links:

Details Magazine - Four Men Who Elected To Go Through LL - How Far Would You Go to Get Taller?: Critical Eye : Details

Short & Male Documentary - S&M: Short and Male - a documentary by Howard Goldberg on Vimeo

Interesting Video On Height/Blind Date -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFMsX70FUvE

Women And Cosmetic LL - Video - The Growing Pains of Cosmetic Leg Lengthening - WSJ.com

Hajnal Ban - Australian Politician Who Went From 5' to 5'4 - Australian councillor, Hajnal Ban, has legs broken to become taller - Times Online

Most Popular Forum For LL - MMT Community - Index

Typical Attitude Toward Short Men - Anyone Else Find Short Men Repulsive..??

Battle Ground Short Men - Do Short Men Stand A Chance? - AskMen
CNN Heightism Legislation Discussion -
YouTube - ‪Paula Zahn Now - Heightism and Emails from Viewers‬‏

Old 07-01-2011, 05:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Hajnal Ban - Australian Politician Who Went From 5' to 5'4'
The link doesn't work and I can't see what he looks like, but going through such hell with still unknown future consequences in order to be 5'4" instead of 5' for a man is simply not worth it, particularly if he already was a politician.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:15 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
No offense to the OP, but the whole idea of leg lengthening seems downright grisly to me.

I'm only 5'9" myself, so I ain't that tall, but damn, you gotta be pretty desperate to do something like that.

I used to think boob jobs were unsafe and unnecessary, this takes it to a whole new level.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:20 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
Quote:
No. Has nothing to do with confidence sweetie. I'm the same person. My confidence has nothing to do with women smiling at me more and walking to to me to talk to me. I fumble the same way when approaching women also. Now, they let me talk. On the occasion that I am turned down, its now after I've said something, not from the off. The majority of women prefer taller men. Plain and simple. 5'9 isn't tall, but it isn't super short like I was, and I am taller than most women. All of the 5'2s -5'4s are now shorter than me, even when they have their heels on.
I'm guessing it has something to do with calling the women you meet "sweetie". I'd wager that's a turnoff.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:34 PM

Tek, I was being sarcastic.

Sierra, Hajinal Ban is a WOMAN not a man who used to get teased a lot when she was in grade school. Her friends and colleagues would taunt her with names like Midget, Shrimp and tease her to no end. She figured that her height would get in the way of her aspirations of becoming a lawyer and then politician. She wanted to blend in and not let her height by the object of criticism and lowering her credibility. She went to Russia to have LL in 2001 after completing her degree and then went successfully into politics. She wrote a book detailing her story under a pseudonym.

She didn't tell the media that it was her who wrote the book until 2009 for which the media went ballistic proving the point. Prior to her coming out with it, she was just a councilwoman, after that it was all about her lack of height PRIOR TO the operation.

Funny stuff. I see shorter women (say 5'1 and below) who get frustrated all of the time in the workplace because they are not taken seriously by their counterparts.

How many short CEOs do you know? 99% of CEOs are over 6ft tall, yet only represent only 13% of the population. Gee, I wonder why that is? You'll run across a handful of average height executives, but very few if any who are shorter. These guys run out and start their own businesses. The social hierarchy of most companies means that a lot of these shorter guys will always be working 8x as hard to get the same respect and acknowledgment. I know it, I was there.

Many people on this board know it too. I've already gotten 18 PMs from shorter guys on this board asking me about the procedure and agreeing with everything I've said here. I'm not here to sell anything, so I tell them to Google it, but to sit here and talk about having "Confidence" and trying harder is absurd (to a degree). If you're not a celebrity, and you're short, and a male AND SUPER AMBITIOUS, you're gonna struggle!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships