Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 07:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I was afraid I wouldn't find anyone else.

Wow - you??? But you're an awesome guy! Guess you didn't realize that back then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 07:59 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Wow - you??? But you're an awesome guy! Guess you didn't realize that back then?
Thanks.

I had never had a girlfriend before her. Nothing but failure into my mid-20s.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:22 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,794,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If your kids are wonderful, well fed, well adjusted and didn't suffer for it than it should be worth it. If they would have been better off with a divorce than thats a different story.
Yes, the kids are great and making me proud (most of the time anyway). My older dd told me once that she's had a very happy childhood and the younger one, who is 16, grudgingly agreed so I guess I did a pretty good job of keeping my angst to myself. On the wedding day I had no doubts though but I think that's because I had succeeded in brainwashing myself.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:58 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,806,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
UGH, that sucks

Bet you learned not to be railroaded into anything ever again though, huh?
Oh yeah.

I was way too young, had a baby, naive and stupid etc, etc......

I was worried too much about making my parents happy, not myself. Live and learn.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:54 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
When they entered cycle 2 of their lesser selves and embraced it instead of fighting it. Year 10. Ended.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:00 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,686,242 times
I knew 6 months after the wedding. Before that, I blamed it on being young, stupid, and blind.
Took me 5 years to get a divorce. Every time I left him, or showed up with bruises/broken bones, the leadership of my church informed me that it was my fault, that I was too independent and intractable, that I should submit myself to my husband. Finally, the church paid for psychological counseling, from their own church psychologist - they wanted to prove to me that I was the problem and 'get me help to change'. After the Personality Profile tests, the shrink met with me privately. "He is going to kill you if you stay with him. He is mentally unbalanced and a psychopath; has no ability to feel emotions." Of course he didn't/couldn't tell the church his conclusions... I divorced the bum and hauled bootie; the church excommunicated me. He stalked me and the children for two years, untl I met my current DH who told him to go away and not bother us. Since my ex never paid child support (the church told him not to so I would be forced to return to him) my DH adopted the children, and we have been married now for 29 years...

Oh, and I refuse to belong to any church; DH LIKES my independence and ability to think for myself!

Old 07-01-2011, 07:01 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,238,422 times
# 1- When I came home early from work, found him in bed with next door neighbor.

#2- Six weeks into marriage, miscarried after finding a letter to his former gf saying he was sorry, but he had to marry me. Forgave him, 7 years, 2 wonderful boys later, caught him with her at hotel, they are now married and sweet karma says, it's a matter of time...

#3-Married six years, content till one day he came home and said he'd been sleeping with his kids momma...I was floored....

Old 07-01-2011, 07:27 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I was afraid I wouldn't find anyone else.

Thats what my boyfriend told me...he knew he had married the wrong person..from the start..he said he had an unhappy marriage..and said he should have ended it sooner...Mine wasn't unhappy I just wasn't inlove with him..

Old 07-01-2011, 07:52 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
# 1- When I came home early from work, found him in bed with next door neighbor.

#2- Six weeks into marriage, miscarried after finding a letter to his former gf saying he was sorry, but he had to marry me. Forgave him, 7 years, 2 wonderful boys later, caught him with her at hotel, they are now married and sweet karma says, it's a matter of time...

#3-Married six years, content till one day he came home and said he'd been sleeping with his kids momma...I was floored....
WOW! That is not a good pattern.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:02 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Wrong person?

I don't know. I guess I would say everyone has baggage. Something that will make you feel you made a poor choice.

Like when they are moving in and you are standing there wide eyed watching things come out of the moving truck you had never seen before.

The same is true of our personalities. Things come out of the wood work that you had no idea existed. Now you are second guessing your decision.

There are some extreme circumstances where you had no idea they were going to break your bones and such so that would merit a well-founded reason to leave. However, if it is petty and they are just messed up in the head and have some bad qualities then you have to suck it up. "For better or for worse...sickness and in health."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships