Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 02:15 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times

Advertisements

He sounds depressed and withdrew himself from trying to find a companion to have a long term relationship with.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:16 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Very good. Three points for you.
Thanks! Btw have you seen this one pic where snow whites "real ending" was? It showed someone dressed as snow white holding two kids looking tired while "Prince Charming" was sitting on his duff doing nothing. So I also say that for some people (including myself), not having kids has freedom too.

5,273 posts, read 14,543,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
That he couldn't get a girl to kiss him.
Ohhhhhhh, I never thought of that one. Maybe he's one homely dude.

252 posts, read 555,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousMoi View Post
The second part was hilarious!

However I'm really interested in your explanation of number 3. on the top portion... "modern world entitled attitude expectations, financial and emotionally crippling men"
- can you explain?

Yes, modern day women are taught from child hood that their prince will come along and provide absolutely everything for them. That they deserve a good looking, exciting, strong, caring, adventurous, financially secure, endearing, responsible man who will pay attention to their every need. These things often contradict each other and leave impossible standards in which men are supposed to meet, yet many women expect.

Women are in no doubt the main consumers of western culture. This also builds into an expecting and entitled attitude. While feminism is somewhat against these logic's, it really didn't do anything to disband them. It merely made it stronger. Women today love the new found equality and power that feminism has ignorantly fought for, yet hate the responsibilities that come with it. This is why we have so many double standards. We are all considered "equal" until it benefits them otherwise. They are so independent...until that dinner check comes. Men are no different....until it benefits them in divorce court and child custody court. Suddenly, women are more nurturing. We live in a society that often jumps back and forth within two era's of social norms. We protect our women so they get the benefit of the doubt, both positives from different eras.

Men today in the rich and middle class social class are left off far worse from a divorce. Women often get away with full custody of the children. Men are burdened with financial imprisonment to the women, and the government. The government urges fathers to let one parent be the sole custodian, did you know that? They claim it is easier on the children. I wonder why the majority of incarcerated individuals come from single mothered homes.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My daughter is 15. I worry about the dating world she will enter in a few years. I worry that her heart will be chewed through repeatedly by jaded men. They might be bitter because of real or anticipated heartbreak from equally jaded women, but the reason won't matter to her fresh young heart.

I do hope young men who believe what you write stay away from young women, yes. Maybe that will spare her.
Why are you going to let your 15 year old daughter date men? She should be fine until 24, that is when most men wake up and smell the coffee.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:25 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,778 times
Some men really should remain single of they want. If a guy wants to marry, that's his choice. It all depends on the man.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:26 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
It may require men to have money and a car to date, sex may decrease drastically once married, and so on. But some guys are fine with it. No need to put them down. If you are not convinced about getting married then be it. It doesn’t mean marriage is a bad thing.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It may require men to have money and a car to date, sex may decrease drastically once married, and so on. But some guys are fine with it. No need to put them down. If you are not convinced about getting married then be it. It doesn’t mean marriage is a bad thing.
I am actually pro-marriage. However, not in a society where the cons out-weigh the pros.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I can emphatize with what you are saying and agree with some of it, but you really set yourself up with these kind of threads.
Yeah I know I do, although I am a mens activist, I am not full throttle like this in real life. For some reason though, I just like talking about social issues and controversial issues online.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't think all American men are better off avoiding relationships but I think you would be better off avoiding them.
Its not American men avoiding relationships, its American men avoiding relationships with American women. And yes, that I am better off doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships