Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2011, 11:09 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,324,299 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's their feeler question to find out if you want to be in a relationship or if you are choosing to be single.

They could also be asking to see how long ago were you in a relationship, how did it end, what went wrong with that relationship, etc.

Just so they can get an idea of what you are looking for and why you are still available.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:15 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Why are you single? Isn't it because it didn't work out with the previous person they were with? Why keep asking this question? Or are they looking for a certain answer to cancel a guy out?
Normally, they want to ask you out if they ask that question.
How about, 'Why aren't you married yet'?

How would like if I asked them 'Why aren't you divorced yet'?

Old 09-05-2011, 11:16 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,808,210 times
If a good looking handsome guy is Single then they may think he is Gay.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:50 AM

200 posts, read 328,418 times
Quote:
Why are you single? Isn't it because it didn't work out with the previous person they were with? Why keep asking this question? Or are they looking for a certain answer to cancel a guy out?
I hate that question also...men like to ask it too. I think it's a terrible 'opener'.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:59 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
They want to know if you are extremely effed up or just a little. haha )
Or they might figure that if the 'essentials' [looks, charm, security, etc.] are present, you should no longer be on the market. And if so, there must be a red flag waving somewhere. But I also wonder the same about so many beautiful ladies smiling back at me from dating sites.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:06 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,576 times
Quote:
people are single for a lot more reasons then the 2 you mentioned. I think its a good question to ask. So you can get some history of this person.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:13 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
They do it just to annoy men or they just like playing mind games.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:30 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
Whats wrong with being honest and answering the question? I noticed some said that they hated it or disliked it. I have to say I hate scripts. In anything. I like to have fun and let things play out so I don't do this myself. Still, when it comes up I answer these things honestly. Why not let her know who I am and what I'm about? She will figure it out soon enough anyways. This is something that comes up over and over and I dont get why you would not want to be honest and just say "this is me."

Old 09-06-2011, 02:43 AM

200 posts, read 328,418 times
Quote:
Looks like those practice dates was a waste of time back in thw winter because I went on two dates in a row with two attractive women and I was shaking with non stop sweating. This is so embarassing and frustrating because I can't control it. It defintely was no reason for me to be nervous on a 3rd date last night but the date today was a 1st date and I was nervous. So basically I'm not accomplishing anything by going on dates for practice with women who are not type.

How can I stop these aniexty attacks? And why the hell I would be meeting someone for the first time today when I have already scheduled 4th date with the other girl? I think I need medication.

Lol several years ago I went out with a guy whose hands were shaking from nervousness...I kinda pointed it out to him and we laughed it off but while he was good looking I didn't like the lack of confidence because that is tooo shy. I was actually amazed at that reaction but he's a good guy so I didn't make him feel bad or anything. Hopefully you can find a way to calm down to make your dates better..I'm sure you'll think of something.

Old 09-06-2011, 02:53 AM

591 posts, read 866,368 times
Quote:
well that would be stupid.
Well, according to scientific reasearch, women want men that other women want; they don't want men that other women don't want.

To prove this, scientists actually took the pheromones from the alphas of a certain species of fish who got to breed with the females and gave the pheromones to the shunned males; soon, the shunned males were getting as much sex as the alphas.

Plenty of Fish also discovered something similar: that the same man, when women were informed he was single, rated him lower than when he was "in a relationship" (of course POF lied about the status of the men.)

Go look this up online.

Do not EVER assume women pick mates by logic/justice/empathy; that's a man's style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships