Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 10:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I don't make fondu often, because I don't own a fondu pot.

But I have/had a friend that did, and I made fondu wheneve I had the chance to.

it was the traditional fondu recipe that I enjoyed making the most. Emnenthaler cheese shredded, and gruyeye cheese.

Cut some Italian bread up and bake it, drizzle a little EVOO overtop it to make it more crusty.

Man I'd eat that stuff everyday of my life and die of a heart attack smiling.
Sounds good actually.

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
Quote:

it was the traditional fondu recipe that I enjoyed making the most. Emnenthaler cheese shredded, and gruyeye cheese.

Cut some Italian bread up and bake it, drizzle a little EVOO overtop it to make it more crusty.

FONDUE! FONDUE! It's fondue. With an "e".

Sheesh. FOUR times you had to type it. I just couldn't take it anymore.
Sorry...I'm going back in to my cave now.

48,445 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:

I'm going to get a cougar crush on you!!! We make something similar every Christmas Eve for about 50 of the family. It's an old Swiss recipe that we do to honor an Aunt and Uncle (chef) who passed away! Paired with a nice fresh salad.

Followed by grapas or similarly foul tasting liquor to cut the cheese, and ease the digestion.

(oh my god it's almost christmas I'm not even prepared in the least, why hasn't anyone picked the secret santa, I need to get out the cheat sheet of my 20 some odd nieces and nephews with hawaiian names that have 15 syllables each, oh crap I should just decorate now so I won't have to worry about it later, how will I integrate my SO in the the chaos?!!!! Wahhhhhhhhh.)

Old 09-08-2011, 10:13 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,963,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm going to get a cougar crush on you!!! We make something similar every Christmas Eve for about 50 of the family. It's an old Swiss recipe that we do to honor an Aunt and Uncle (chef) who passed away! Paired with a nice fresh salad.

Followed by grapas or similarly foul tasting liquor to cut the cheese, and ease the digestion.

(oh my god it's almost christmas I'm not even prepared in the least, why hasn't anyone picked the secret santa, I need to get out the cheat sheet of my 20 some odd nieces and nephews with hawaiian names that have 15 syllables each, oh crap I should just decorate now so I won't have to worry about it later, how will I integrate my SO in the the chaos?!!!! Wahhhhhhhhh.)
I'm not a great cook by any means, but after a few tries of making that fondu I got pretty good. It just takes some time, and I love cheese! I've tried fondu with broccoli before and a few other veggies, but nothing beats freshly crisped/baked italian bread. The crunch is one of my favorite things I love to hear!

lol I don't know anything about grapas! First time I heard that!

And cougar crush! Naw I wouldn't consider you a cougar. You're..in your 40s? That's not old enough for me to consider you a cougar. If you were in your 50s then yeah.

Don't forget, Halloween is coming up, my favorite day of the year! I get to frighten little kiddies!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:16 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,179,026 times
Quote:
I'm not a great cook by any means, but after a few tries of making that fondu I got pretty good. It just takes some time, and I love cheese! I've tried fondu with broccoli before and a few other veggies, but nothing beats freshly crisped/baked italian bread. The crunch is one of my favorite things I love to hear!

lol I don't know anything about grapas! First time I heard that!

And cougar crush! Naw I wouldn't consider you a cougar. You're..in your 40s? That's not old enough for me to consider you a cougar. If you were in your 50s then yeah.

Don't forget, Halloween is coming up, my favorite day of the year! I get to frighten little kiddies!
what's so special about that? I'm sure you frighten plenty of us here on CD on a regular basis

Old 09-08-2011, 10:18 PM

48,445 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Helpful hint of the day:

30's: Puma
40's: Cougar
50's: Jaguar

I dunno 60's: abject fear?

I'm spoken for so all the rest is just a joke.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
what's so special about that? I'm sure you frighten plenty of us here on CD on a regular basis
Well, yeah. Alls I gots ta do is throw the link up to my pics and it's like an instant hurl session!

But I do enjoy sitting outside in a devil's mask with a basket of candy telling kids that if they grab more than one I'll throw them into a pot for my stew.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Helpful hint of the day:

LOL

Well I guess I need to go smudge some Puma.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:20 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,179,026 times
Quote:
Well, yeah. Alls I gots ta do is throw the link up to my pics and it's like an instant hurl session!

But I do enjoy sitting outside in a devil's mask with a basket of candy telling kids that if they grab more than one I'll throw them into a pot for my stew.

I just love the taste of those little bastards... so tender, esp. after being in a cauldron with some veggies and maybe some stock...

Old 09-08-2011, 10:25 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:
Helpful hint of the day:

What's the label for the 20's because that's what I like
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.