Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 01:46 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Looks like those practice dates was a waste of time back in thw winter because I went on two dates in a row with two attractive women and I was shaking with non stop sweating. This is so embarassing and frustrating because I can't control it. It defintely was no reason for me to be nervous on a 3rd date last night but the date today was a 1st date and I was nervous. So basically I'm not accomplishing anything by going on dates for practice with women who are not type.

How can I stop these aniexty attacks? And why the hell I would be meeting someone for the first time today when I have already scheduled 4th date with the other girl? I think I need medication.
Directed towards the OP...
You are a hot mess...

It is totally normal to be nervous on a first date no matter how many dates you have been on..And yes this includes sweating and shaking hands..

a PRACTICE date is still a date regardless if the women are your type or not...you could just be nervous about meeting new people but you haveto determine what makes you so nervous...
Is it because you are afraid that you are being assessed? sized up? The possibility that person may not like you?
Have you ever thought that MAYBE you may not like them? The possibility that they are nervous as well?
Just saying..

Old 07-03-2011, 03:29 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Looks attracts and personality keeps
Haven't found any keepers, eh?
Didn't you just whine about this woman wanting to have a meal in her neighborhood a week ago?
Read your posts objectively, would you go out with someone like you?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:15 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
I think his issues do stem from some sort of social anxiety. This is probably why he refuses to go out sometimes and gives up way too easily. I am with lovesmountains on this one and recommend he see a doctor for some social anxiety pills. Not everyones brains work the same way or are as healthy as they should be. The nervous system sometimes is screwed up and needs a little help.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:01 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
I had some bad qualities over the years

selfish
spoiled
short-tempered
picky
You still have them.

Add to that:

Misogyny, and a complete inability and lack of desire to even contemplate any sort of changes suggested countless times over a few years by scores of CD contributors.

To those of you who are unfamiliar with, "The World According to TVSG", welcome to the merry-go-round.

Grasshopper, my advice remains as always - get off your duff, get away from the computer screen and all those dating sites, get your lazy self out into the real world and make friends with real people of all ages and both sexes. Develop some interests apart from TV sports - even go to a LIVE game. Lord knows there are plenty in Philly. Good grief and triple sigh.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:04 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You are like a broken record on this subject
So are you. The only difference is I don't start this; you do. If you keep your BS to yourself, I wouldn't need to post at all.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:42 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Looks like those practice dates was a waste of time back in thw winter because I went on two dates in a row with two attractive women and I was shaking with non stop sweating. This is so embarassing and frustrating because I can't control it. It defintely was no reason for me to be nervous on a 3rd date last night but the date today was a 1st date and I was nervous. So basically I'm not accomplishing anything by going on dates for practice with women who are not type.

How can I stop these aniexty attacks? And why the hell I would be meeting someone for the first time today when I have already scheduled 4th date with the other girl? I think I need medication.

What's there to be nervous about? Either she likes you or not. Either it works out or it doesn't. It seems like you have no issues getting dates so if one doesn't work out then just move on. Why is this so complicated?

Old 07-03-2011, 09:53 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It seems like you have no issues getting dates ...
Now THAT'S hilarious!!!!!! You have to read, "The World According to TVSG" series to understand why.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:25 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
TVSG, you will be fine once you get laid.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:30 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,189,292 times
Well, you are making progress if you are sick of it.

One thing to consider, OP, it is possible that the reason you make a mountain out of a molehill is because you encountered people along the way who did this to you. This thread is an example of this happening again.

Another example is that thread you started with the list you made. The woman freaked out and it made you unsure about yourself. This is a big problem.

Did you consider that instead reacting to overreaction, these are simply your opportunities to make mistakes and learn from them? Your overreactions are an indication that you cannot identify your feelings and, therefore, cannot solve your problem.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:51 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Well, you are making progress if you are sick of it.

One thing to consider, OP, it is possible that the reason you make a mountain out of a molehill is because you encountered people along the way who did this to you. This thread is an example of this happening again.

Another example is that thread you started with the list you made. The woman freaked out and it made you unsure about yourself. This is a big problem.

Did you consider that instead reacting to overreaction, these are simply your opportunities to make mistakes and learn from them? Your overreactions are an indication that you cannot identify your feelings and, therefore, cannot solve your problem.

For some reason I don't recall this happening to me in December, January, and February, even March, sweating. This is one of the reasons I HATE first dates in the summer time. Always did because the humidity adds to the aniexty sweat. Now it appears I'm less NERVOUS in the winter time than I am in the summer time. I think it has to do with me haing more CLOTHES on in the winter time. In the summertime I have on less clothes and my chunkiness is more exposed. Or it could be that it's more more HUMID in July than any other month of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships