Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 09:17 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,212 times

Advertisements

Funny. I broke up with someone and a few days later a different ex wanted to get together. I told him I had just been dumped and he still wanted to see me! I had already began packing my things to move to the island of undesirable women. Thank god that he was able to overlook such a huge deal breaker.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Maybe, but I think it depends on how she said, the context, and whether or not it was a clever ploy to avoid a date with our friend here.
There's no context in which a person with half a brain would say that, other than the very last part.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:19 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Context is very important here. What was said by you and her just before this?

Perhaps she knows she is stunning and sexy and was telling you a funny story about how some guy actually couldn't see that she is -- which could expose his deficiency and not hers.

As to why she said it, again, I need to know how it came up. Another possibility is that you said something to trigger this story. Maybe you told her a story about a girl who only wanted to be friends with you after meeting you and seeing you in person the first time. And she replied with this story in empathy.
She was saying that she hope we click tomorrow because if not she is deleting her profile and going to take a break from dating until May. So that conversation lead to me saying..."why do you sound so "DOWN AND OUT" Then she said because I'm sick of dating, I met a guy and asked him did he think I was attractive and he said we can be friends. My interest faded away after that

Old 12-29-2011, 09:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't think he knows the difference.
I think he wants to show his "job" to her.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Probably not, but I don't think of relationships the same way I think of jobs. Relationships are entirely different. For one thing, the fact that she didn't hit it off with another guy doesn't matter to me at all; I'm more concerned with whether or not I like her. And for another thing, everyone has different taste. The kind of girl you're attracted to may be repulsive to me, and vice versa. Her being rejected by someone else has no bearing on whether or not I like her.
You can say it didn't work out not...."he didn't think I was attractive enough"

Old 12-29-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You can say it didn't work out not...."he didn't think I was attractive enough"
Yey! Even TVSG gets it!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yey! Even TVSG gets it!
THANK YOU SIERRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. You are sexy tonight, don't make me buy a plane ticket to AZ-lol

Old 12-29-2011, 09:26 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
Quote:
Why would any guy get all sexy and nice smelling to meet someone who was just rejected by another guy?
Maybe he has pride in his appearance and doesn't think he should smell like a bag of garbage that fell off the truck when he meets the reject?

And considering that you're attempting to meet her, I think that right there is an indication that you're a reject yourself.

But aside from all the rejecting, perhaps she was trying to discern (big word means figure out) if you are as shallow as she suspected. She doesn't have to suspect any more, you gave her the answer.

Quote:
So you telling me if a guy told you

"I met this girl last week and I asked her was she attracted to me and she said we can be friends"

Wouldn't he become unattractive after he said that?
What does that have to do with the price of peaches in Tibet? Really, a person's attractiveness has nothing to do with a third party's opinion.

Quote:
How the f*** would that change how he looks to me? Are you drinking??
Thank you! But we all know he doesn't need to drink to make inane comments or behaviors.

Quote:
It would make it seem like she is hiding something that is not seen on the pics.
What, you are meeting in the underpass with all the lights blown out? You will see whatever you think is not visible on the pics when you meet!! Hello, Einstein!

Quote:
You should ALREADY know. Can't YOU understand that?? EVERYONE gets rejected. EVERYONE. The fact that someone freely discusses that is a point in their favor!!! The fact that YOU can't deal with reality, is, well, no surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbear182 View Post
Have you ever been rejected? Have you ever been in a relationship? Who cares that she was rejected. Maybe she was trying to let you know that you have an opportunity.
Maybe she was being open and honest. Two things the tv watcher cannot handle.

Do you not learn anything, TVboy? Seriously. These are the same threads, the same issues, the same posts, the same paranoias since I joined back in 09! GROW UP!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:27 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
I was scheduled to meet this girl from Okcupid tomorrow but she said the most idiotic thing I ever heard on the phone,

"I met this guy last week and I asked him did he find me attractive and he said we can just be friends because he is more attracted to someone else"

Now why did she think I would want to still meet her after hearing something like that? So the date was cancelled and I had to end the conversation. So ladies make sure you keep information like that PRIVATE before you meet a guy because if not.."IT"S OVER
lol.....Is this my cue to play the violin music.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
THANK YOU SIERRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. You are sexy tonight, don't make me buy a plane ticket to AZ-lol
I'm always sexy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships