U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 12:47 PM

19,059 posts, read 23,639,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
This thread cracks me up. Every MAN gets it just fine. Somehow, the women doubt everything. Don't doubt anything. It's all true. I wouldn't have written if it wasn't. I know others know what I do. How do I know that? Because they do the same thing everyday as well. It's a mans job plain and simple. I think there is a little tag-team game going on here just to see if you can belittle me or get me riled up. It would have to be that. Everything has been pointed out and is clear as day. That also tells me books smarts and less practical knowledge, street smarts and or common sense. A first grader could figure all this out ALONE. Why do I write about it? To warn mothers if they are thinking of their son might be interested in it. I had no idea until I got started. My eyes were opened for me and it was a rude awaking. Fortunately for me, I was prehardend before I went in. If you don't know about a job, ask someone who does it. Surly don't think you know more about it then he does though for crying out loud.
What do you do for work? Are you a cop or US marshal or something?
Rate this post positively

Old 07-03-2011, 12:48 PM

2,737 posts, read 2,543,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What do you do for work? Are you a cop or US marshal or something?
Something 1 in 1000 MEN have the balls, brains and brawn for. I plead the 5th.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Not at all, I see it as a very positive thing. The first house I bought needed major work and I gradually started learning new skills and did almost all of the work myself. I sold it after seven years for twice what I paid for it.
Ok, lets stop here. MR, do you have a problem with what MontanaGuy did with his home?

Quote:
If you had to call a repairman for everything that needed fixing it would be very expensive. Women can do anything that a man can do with the possible exception of certain things that require a great deal of strength but then you also have guys who also aren't strong enough and a few women who are up to the job. I've acquired a ton of tools over the years so I can handle most jobs and I'm sure there are many women who've done the same thing.
And according RM all men agree with him, but here you are just the same. Any way, I'm in the position you were in moons ago.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:52 PM

2,737 posts, read 2,543,964 times
I will say, if those fellers don't bother you....you have to be or do something that SCARES them! They also know I'm helping them and risking my bacon for them just by going down there. They don't give me too many problems. They might some in this thread though?

Old 07-03-2011, 12:54 PM

16,498 posts, read 19,984,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
He said that he just wouldn't let the black and white touch and he'd be fine. Maybe if a person has three hands.

I've seen that in the movies. They're hanging around huge power sources, tho, correct? Yea, it wasn't a big deal. Some things I have to tackle are faulty outlets in my house. I've never played with one before, so I'm hesitant.

For a faulty outlet---

check with a volt meter to see that current is going to outlet.
Turn OFF outlet circuit breaker.
Check with a volt meter to see that NO current is going to outlet.
R&R (remove & replace) defective outlet. Use the Appropriate replacement OUTlet.

Only use One Hand if you ever touch a HOT Wire...
DON'T Touch anything with your other Hand.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:54 PM

2,726 posts, read 4,883,677 times
Where are all the guys who agree with MR?

Old 07-03-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
Something 1 in 1000 MEN have the balls, brains and brawn for. I plead the 5th.
So, you won't tell us what you do. It's just manly and gangster level dangerous? I'm going to back track a little here and disagree with a few folk in this thread. I don't buy that you're coming from a hard knock life and you're some how all effed up in the head because you're fighting it in the ghetto. You are a white, apparently a mid-western guy, who is possibly very young or immature. You have yet to find your niche or define yourself. So, you're latching on to things and it's akin to grasping for straws.

If you're young, no big deal. You'll get on with it. If you're not young, then I think you should really chill with yourself. Others don't have to be wrong for you to be right. Life is short and frankly more enjoyable for those that are easy-going. Still, it's difficult to tell. Your posts are intentionally elusive and it's not because you're James Bond. Any way, this thread was not meant to be a psychoanalysis of RM. It's about DIYs. Although, it's ok if you require it. I'm not an OT freak or anything.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:00 PM

46,680 posts, read 45,899,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
For a faulty outlet---

R&R (remove & replace) defective outlet. Use the Appropriate replacement OUTlet.

I would add, if you didn't have a voltmeter, you could plug in small light or appliance like a clock or something to use as a "check" if the power is off.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
For a faulty outlet---

I do have a couple of volt meters. I need to invest in a professional grade meter. There are so many outlets in my house. Some rooms have 6-8 outlets. I'm convinced the previous owners were growing something here!

Any how, yea. Once I get a better meter I'll tackle it. I always turn off the circuit breaker. Always!

Old 07-03-2011, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I would add, if you didn't have a voltmeter, you could plug in small light or appliance like a clock or something to use as a "check" if the power is off.
That's a good idea, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.