U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 02:50 PM

8,003 posts, read 10,954,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
Any MAN I know wouldn't put up with being neutered like that. You have a lot to learn about working men then. We don't hide under the bed!
A REAL man wouldn't consider himself neutered when he's being contradicted, admonished, or corrected. Only insecure bullies with fragile egos look at it that way.
Rate this post positively

Old 07-03-2011, 02:50 PM

19,059 posts, read 23,639,092 times
Quote:
Something civil Mr. Hawk and I were discussing. One hand is best when working on electricity. Right handed people are safer because it is a further path to ground away from your heart. Any electrician knows that.
Ok. Anatomy and phys is definitely interesting.

Quote:
Why is the ghetto in this? Who do you think gets out of the truck when a hooker, drug dealer, gang bangers, muggers, gun shots and what have you is less than 100 feet away? Sometimes right on top of you. How about kicking the door in while you are in the basement. "Yo man, lemme get some money!" It's a little different than being locked up in your car all nice and safe at a stoplight waiting to hammer it if the situation would arise.
Ok, but this doesn't have much to do with DIY. I'm not seeing the correlation. And darn straight I stay locked up in my car in Newark. What's it to you? Why would anyone willingly mosey around Newark, the cesspool of the world? And give me a break with this ghetto pride crap, street smarts boloney. It's starting to grate my nerves the more I consider it. You have no idea what it's like, how horrific it is to watch folk around you, people you care about, become junkies, rob people, and degrade themselves; to get robbed, be beaten, go to jail. That place was too close to my departed brother and it was nothing to raise a flag about. It amounts to nothing but shame and heartbreak for anyone with a brain. The ideation is disgusting. Of course, you are coming from a space of complete ignorance, naivety, and disrespect for those suffering in hell holes.

eta: So, if you think you are going to impress anyone with that type of garbage, think again. You're just making yourself appear foolish.

Old 07-03-2011, 02:55 PM

8,569 posts, read 16,714,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Ghetto life and culture is nothing to be prideful about. Although, I know it's become a white, middle-class fantasy for some boys. I finally watched the vid, and I'm a bit more clued in than previously. I can say as a person that grew up Jersey, went to school across the river from down town Newark, and needlessly spent time in Harlem as a foolish young person, that it's nothing but gross. My brother is buried about 10 minutes from some of the nastiest places in Newark and I'm forced to drive through it when I go visit his grave. I'm scared shytless just being stopped in my car at a red light. The city should be obliterated from the map. It's the epitome of human degeneracy.

Folk from harsh urban areas want out of the ghetto, not in.
I worked down neck during the 60s - was working during the riots of 67. Many of our clients were injured cops and they all told me to NEVER, EVER stop at a red light. Back then I often travelled on Springfield Ave going to/from relatives and I was told that I should go through the red lights and not worry about a ticket because there were no cops to see it and none who would stop their car there either. That was many years ago and that area was nearly burned to the ground. It seems to be a pretty nice area now. I was also told to never let myself get boxed in. If the car in front stops, do not pull up behind but always leave enough room to pull out and around. Stay alert, drive with your doors locked, etc. That lesson came in handy one night when I got lost in another state - middle of summer, no a/c, window rolled down. Dingbat tried to carjack but the locked door gave me enough time to grab him by the neck and drive while holding on!

Quote:
I don't mean any harm. I'm just too manly for ya girls! Know ya know!
Sweetcheeks, your attitude shows me you ain't man enough for me.

Quote:
Any MAN I know wouldn't put up with being neutered like that. You have a lot to learn about working men then. We don't hide under the bed!
Perhaps that's where you should hide rather than the closet.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I worked down neck during the 60s - was working during the riots of 67. Many of our clients were injured cops and they all told me to NEVER, EVER stop at a red light. Back then I often travelled on Springfield Ave going to/from relatives and I was told that I should go through the red lights and not worry about a ticket because there were no cops to see it and none who would stop their car there either. That was many years ago and that area was nearly burned to the ground. It seems to be a pretty nice area now. I was also told to never let myself get boxed in. If the car in front stops, do not pull up behind but always leave enough room to pull out and around. Stay alert, drive with your doors locked, etc. That lesson came in handy one night when I got lost in another state - middle of summer, no a/c, window rolled down. Dingbat tried to carjack but the locked door gave me enough time to grab him by the neck and drive while holding on!
Glad you were able to think quick and use those lessons. People can be crazy when desperate. And that's what they are desperate. It's sad.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:12 PM

2,737 posts, read 2,543,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
A REAL man wouldn't consider himself neutered when he's being contradicted, admonished, or corrected. Only insecure bullies with fragile egos look at it that way.
Corrected in what way? You know more about this than myself or other pros? You would get the same responses. That trips most of our triggers. Do you tell a rocket scientist at NASA you are qualified to do his job better? Same difference.

Quote:
Ok. Anatomy and phys is definitely interesting.

Ok, but this doesn't have much to do with DIY. I'm not seeing the correlation. And darn straight I stay locked up in my car in Newark. What's it to you? Why would anyone willingly mosey around Newark, the cesspool of the world? And give me a break with this ghetto pride crap, street smarts boloney. It's starting to grate my nerves the more I consider it. You have no idea what it's like, how horrific it is to watch folk around you, people you care about, become junkies, rob people, and degrade themselves; to get robbed, be beaten, go to jail. That place was too close to my departed brother and it was nothing to raise a flag about. It amounts to nothing but shame and heartbreak for anyone with a brain. The ideation is disgusting. Of course, you are coming from a space of complete ignorance, naivety, and disrespect for those suffering in hell holes.

eta: So, if you think you are going to impress anyone with that type of garbage, think again. You're just making yourself appear foolish.
Im not trying to impress anyone. Again you fail to see you don't have that choice. It must be done. Muster up the courage and do it.....like it was yesterday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post

Sweetcheeks, your attitude shows me you ain't man enough for me.

Perhaps that's where you should hide rather than the closet.
You wouldn't know a man when you saw one. New York? Rural farm girls think it's too much for them to tackle.

Quote:
Glad you were able to think quick and use those lessons. People can be crazy when desperate. And that's what they are desperate. It's sad.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Corrected in what way? You know more about this than myself or other pros? You would get the same responses. That trips most of our triggers. Do you tell a rocket scientist at NASA you are qualified to do his job better? Same difference.
Um, nobody has said they are more qualified than you for your job because nobody knows what the job is.

Quote:
Im not trying to impress anyone. Again you fail to see you don't have that choice. It must be done. Muster up the courage and do it.....like it was yesterday!
I don't believe you. People that live it don't boast about it. For that matter, people living it are not on the net. At best, maybe you're a cable installer and you get a few jobs in the city. You see some stuff you're not used to, think back to the cop shows you watch, watch your ghetto videos, and get down with your not so bad self.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Corrected in what way? You know more about this than myself or other pros? You would get the same responses. That trips most of our triggers. Do you tell a rocket scientist at NASA you are qualified to do his job better? Same difference. No, not same difference. I guarantee you I know a whole lot more, about a whole lot more than you do. You might be able to do your particular job better than I can, but I'll bet that's pretty much ALL you're better at....and you're SURE not smarter than most of us here...I will guarantee you that too. Like I said, you might know a bit more in a specific venue than some of us, might be stronger than some of us, but you're most certainly not smarter...in general. Not by far!

You wouldn't know a man when you saw one. New York? Rural farm girls think it's too much for them to tackle.
Hmmm wouldn't know a man when she saw one. (See how smart you are?) LMAO Rural farm girls think it's too much for them to tackle? Good God, what makes you think, if we were fortunate enough to be born and raised in the non ghetto...that we'd actually be STUPID enough to go hang out there. It has NOTHING to do with it being too much for them to tackle, but everything to do with having enough brains to stay out of danger!
Jezus, dashing across a busy freeway is too much for some people to handle, does that mean they're WEAK or just INTELLIGENT if they opt not to do it!? I'll take intelligent for $500 Bob!

Old 07-03-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Um, nobody has said they are more qualified than you for your job because nobody knows what the job is.

I don't believe you. People that live it don't boast about it. For that matter, people living it are not on the net. At best, maybe you're a cable installer and you get a few jobs in the city. You see some stuff you're not used to, think back to the cop shows you watch, watch your ghetto videos, and get down with your not so bad self.
He got his material off You-Tube videos...Some people have a tendency to get their lives mixed up with things they see on a screen. Oops! When you've got a boring job working at McDonalds, it can make your life so much more bearable to make up really cool and exclusive professions, doncha know!

Old 07-03-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:

Well, I don't think anything you say is creditable. Anyone who lives it wouldn't back out of a dead-bang case like this. Ok, we'll take your word for it. Why wouldn't I talk about it? It's my life and I will share it with people. This is more a vendetta against someone calling bulls*** than anything else. I can see it now. Do you always degrade men in this fashion? Are you still married? I could go on, but I am getting tired of wasting time on a lost cause.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
He got his material off You-Tube videos...Some people have a tendency to get their lives mixed up with things they see on a screen. Oops! When you've got a boring job working at McDonalds, it can make your life so much more bearable to make up really cool and exclusive professions, doncha know!
The joke is ALWAYS on you ladies! I'm wetting my pants here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.