Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 05:00 PM

2,736 posts, read 2,796,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Any MAN I know who's a real man knows he can't be 'neutered' by mere words on a forum.
Clearly, someone is insecure.
Well, who might that be then? All I can say is, you are lucky it is/was me. Most wouldn't be so nice about it. I'm tired of messing with instigators and five fries short of Happy Meals. Go pound sand already!

Old 07-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Is Midnight intimidated? Nope~! I just know when to finally shut up! Toodles girls! I'll be seeing ya soon!

Old 07-03-2011, 06:03 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
He got his material off You-Tube videos...Some people have a tendency to get their lives mixed up with things they see on a screen. Oops! When you've got a boring job working at McDonalds, it can make your life so much more bearable to make up really cool and exclusive professions, doncha know!
I thought the women posting were getting professional "advice" off you tube?

To me DIY is for fairly basic stuff. Anything requiring professional knowledge, I'm happy to get a pro. (Male OR female!) Idont need to worry about blowing shyte up to prove anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Definately not a pro but do ok for what I can do..I'm smart enough to pay someone to do the shyt I can't do..
Exactly!

Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post

To me DIY is for fairly basic stuff. Anything requiring professional knowledge, I'm happy to get a pro. (Male OR female!) Idont need to worry about blowing shyte up to prove anything

Exactly!
I don't think it's plural women. I believe it's just me, one woman. And no, I'm not getting professional advice off youtube. Also, what's considered professional obviously varies from one person to the next (like dryer belts).

Old 07-03-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't think it's plural women. I believe it's just me, one woman. And no, I'm not getting professional advice off youtube. Also, what's considered professional obviously varies from one person to the next (like dryer belts).
All I saw one person said they got advise and one accused of doing so.

Dryer belts? Yeah I could do that...I didn't think it was a big deal though..

are you the nurse? its kinda like me getting my blood taken and walking away thinking I too, could be a nurse. Ultimately IMO, we all have different skills. We might be able to do bits and pieces, but a skilled trade, can't be learnt online.

Where I'm from there is 4 years training for almost all trades.

DIY is good and fine, but without knowledge and experience, we probably won't do as good of a job as someone who is trained, regardless of gender

Old 07-03-2011, 06:29 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,718,698 times
Quote:

Exactly!
ROTFLOL.... that's just all. This has gotten so funny. Sorry if we've got you all up in the air and confused. It's actually pretty funny, especially when you can get someone so worked up that they're wetting their pants. LMAO. Actually, LOL....I'm the nurse, too....a "late in life" nurse, who has had several professions before becoming one.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
ROTFLOL.... that's just all. This has gotten so funny. Sorry if we've got you all up in the air and confused. It's actually pretty funny, especially when you can get someone so worked up that they're wetting their pants. LMAO. Actually, LOL....I'm the nurse, too....a "late in life" nurse, who has had several professions before becoming one.
Huh? Who is worked up?
Im suprised at your post.you're normally a better poster than indicated above.
Its okay though, its merely your opinion.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
All I saw one person said they got advise and one accused of doing so.

Dryer belts? Yeah I could do that...I didn't think it was a big deal though..
That's what's in the OP. This length of this goofy thread started over dryer belts, however ridiculous.

Quote:
are you the nurse? its kinda like me getting my blood taken and walking away thinking I too, could be a nurse. Ultimately IMO, we all have different skills. We might be able to do bits and pieces, but a skilled trade, can't be learnt online.
I think beachmel is the nurse. No it can't be learned online. The only way to learn is to do it. And making the argument that you shouldn't do it because you haven't done it doesn't make sense to me. That's been the argument in this thread.

Quote:
Where I'm from there is 4 years training for almost all trades.

DIY is good and fine, but without knowledge and experience, we probably won't do as good of a job as someone who is trained, regardless of gender
Where else is a person going to get the experience without getting the experience? It's not about being a skilled tradesman. It's about DIY when you can. Thus far the biggest skill problem I have faced is mudding/plastering. That's a technique that takes time to harness. I did it, and it wasn't so hot. When I had my ceilings done my contractor mudded over for me. He also had me there with him so I can improve my own skill. Why some folk take issue with that, I don't know.

Keep in mind that I'm not pouring foundation for a new extension, building an extension, etc on my own. But doing basic home repair like wiring, installing doors, etc is something I can do. A part of my entry way refacing project will be to patch up my outside stairs, which took a beating this past winter. I'm thinking of putting in some stone tiles as well.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Huh? Who is worked up?
Im suprised at your post.you're normally a better poster than indicated above.
Its okay though, its merely your opinion.
I think she's referring to MR. He's been worked up about the topic since the get go. Apparently, it's an insulting topic to him.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's what's in the OP. This length of this goofy thread started over dryer belts, however ridiculous.

I think beachmel is the nurse. No it can't be learned online. The only way to learn is to do it. And making the argument that you shouldn't do it because you haven't done it doesn't make sense to me. That's been the argument in this thread.

Where else is a person going to get the experience without getting the experience? It's not about being a skilled tradesman. It's about DIY when you can. Thus far the biggest skill problem I have faced is mudding/plastering. That's a technique that takes time to harness. I did it, and it wasn't so hot. When I had my ceilings done my contractor mudded over for me. He also had me there with him so I can improve my own skill. Why some folk take issue with that, I don't know.

Keep in mind that I'm not pouring foundation for a new extension, building an extension, etc on my own. But doing basic home repair like wiring, installing doors, etc is something I can do. A part of my entry way refacing project will be to patch up my outside stairs, which took a beating this past winter. I'm thinking of putting in some stone tiles as well.
I really shouldn't, but this is funny. If you think hanging sheet-rock, taping, mudding is tough.... you don't stand a chance. Those guys are half stoned out of their gore and or drunk when they do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.