U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:47 AM

2,737 posts, read 2,533,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
LOL Yep, the only tools I like talking to are things like....well the lawnmower for instance, after I've changed the spark plug, drained and replaced the oil and the filter, sharpened the blade. "Okay baby, momma's given you a fresh new start...purr like a baby for me now. There, isn't that better now...fresh new oil...nice new pedicure for your blade...yeah started right up on the first pull...good girl!!"
I hope you are buying Craftsman, MAC or Snap-On?
Rate this post positively

Old 07-04-2011, 08:48 AM

2,726 posts, read 4,870,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post

The ones (male or female) who do things that they've got no idea on.. well...

Yes, it is boring but scare tactics are scare tactics. It doesn't mean to be fearless.

This statement I quoted is not what the thread is about. You might be thinking of off topic posts in this thread.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Why would I know about appliances when I have never done any work with appliances? You keep going back to appliances. How about this? What's the percentage of ionized species of an acid at pH 5.5 with a pKa of 6? Hmmm? lol Find a youtube vid for that lol. Or try to google it. I dare you.

Why would I own a pipe threader? But, my common sense tells me that you need a shorter pipe, so you cut it. And I guess you want it threaded, so you thread it. Apparently you thread the pipe with a pipe threader. Is this supposed to be rocket science? Well, here's a youtube vid how to do it old school.

YouTube - ‪Pipe Threading 11 09‬‏

Shutting off the gas at the meter? Well, home owners should know how to do this. I know where my meter is as well as where to shut off the water.
For those that don't know, well, here's a youtube vid.

YouTube - ‪How to shut off gas to your home‬‏

Frankly, if it can be found on youtube in a 30 second video, it isn't going to be all that complex to achieve. Really, what kind of stupid questions are these?

And again, when I decide to become employed by a appliance company, which we now know is your profession, I learn appliances. At this juncture, I could care less.
I don't sell washers lady! Clearly your arrogance is over the top! You know everything and won't need any of us. I'm done with you. People are laughing at you now!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:52 AM

8,003 posts, read 10,925,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Rambler View Post
Did you miss the part where I said my husband is a PROFESSIONAL mechanic? Do you really think we'd NOT have Snap-On & Craftsman? Unfortunately...Craftsman is NOT what it used to be.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:52 AM

24,671 posts, read 64,836,823 times
Quote:
Do stop the banty rooster routine already. It's so worn that the threads are bare. Surely it's time for this thread to be closed before it degenerates further?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:53 AM

19,059 posts, read 23,579,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Midnight Rambler - get over yourself. Your pontificating exercise in futility has become increasingly boring and has rendered this thread totally useless from it's original intent.
Yep, it's all about MR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Midnight Rambler wrote:
I just read the past few pages of this thread and it's obvious that you have nothing intelligent to contribute to the conversation and your only interest is to belittle others while pretending to be some sort of he-man know it all. You sound like some sort of redneck bar room philosopher after a few pitchers of beer and your incoherent posts don't even address the topic of this thread.
Well stated.

Quote:
I'm on holiday vacation. That still doesn't mean the phone won't ring. Why do you think I stay up so late?
Yea, right. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
WTH is this thread doing in the RELATIONSHIP forum anyway? Should be in the HOUSE AND HOME forum.
For those late to the thread, it was initially started because RM is offended by DIY women. It insults him that some women have an interest in DIY home projects. He also feels women are incapable. I figured his position was that of a he-man who is intimidated by said women, hence the thread. Of course, it has turned into a circus. All in day's entertainment.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:55 AM

19,059 posts, read 23,579,589 times
Quote:
I don't sell washers lady! Clearly your arrogance is over the top! You know everything and won't need any of us. I'm done with you. People are laughing at you now!
Um, I think it's clear that you're at the but of this joke thread I started especially for you. At least we wrangled your job out of you. You either install appliances or fix appliances. You apparently do so in the some bad inner city neighborhoods? That's all fine and well, but I still don't get how that would lend to you becoming offended, no insulted, by women installing wood floors, entry doors, and light fixtures.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Yes, it is boring but scare tactics are scare tactics. It doesn't mean to be fearless.

This statement I quoted is not what the thread is about. You might be thinking of off topic posts in this thread.
Well, when your Honda needs a new timing belt at about 75 clicks because the tards at Honda don't use chains, have at it!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Do stop the banty rooster routine already. It's so worn that the threads are bare. Surely it's time for this thread to be closed before it degenerates further?
Degrades in what way? Someone has the balls to stand of to internet RUBBISH!

Old 07-04-2011, 08:57 AM

25,906 posts, read 39,595,993 times
Thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.