Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:11 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I've seen this girl 4 times and she has complained or been super picky about a lot of things. Although she is a pretty nice person in other ways, the complaining and negativity is getting to me.

Doesn't like the smell of coffee.
Doesn't like the bed in her furnished apartment, too soft and too big.
Doesn't like visible cords on electronics. Told me to hid the cord if it was showing.
Doesn't like the color of her Wii. It's white but would look better with her stuff if black.
Doesn't like shellfish.
Old bedroom is too brite.
Old roommate is too noisy.
Can't hang out with school friends because she has too much stuff to do.
No towel racks in her bathroom.
Her new living is too brite.
Doesn't like the color of her new hallway.
Upstairs neighbors being too noisy.
DVDs must be in alphabetical order.
All skirts must be on one color hanger, all pants on another color, etc.
Landlords didn't clean apartment enough before she moved in.

I'm sure there is more, but you get the picture. While some of these are valid, why voice them? No one likes a downer. I felt bad for her at first, but I'm thinking now, what's the point of trying to cheer up a negative person.
I dated a guy like this. What a Debbie Downer... the best thing is be direct with her and tell her that shes TOO negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 07:30 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
I could not date anyone as picky and whiny as this person.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:08 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times
i kind of blew up on her by email...sent her this..

You nit picked at really stupid ****. Sorry if you don't like me pointing that out, but you did stuff like complain about me not congratulation you on parking. Don't complain to me about stuff like that. I tried to keep my mouth shut, but nobody ever in my entire life expected any sort of pat on the back for parking their car. You should have know how to do that for 20 years. I'm not going to try to figure out why you expect that. But you did that twice and I let you snap at me. That borderlines on abuse behavior on your part. And you snapped at me because you thought that I should be grateful that you played the highest level on sudoko??? You're playing a game on your iphone, not doing me a favor. Like I'm really going to say, "Wow, you're so sweet for playing a video game. Thank you" There, now you know.

Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,246 times
Quote:
i kind of blew up on her by email...sent her this..

You nit picked at really stupid ****. Sorry if you don't like me pointing that out, but you did stuff like complain about me not congratulation you on parking. Don't complain to me about stuff like that. I tried to keep my mouth shut, but nobody ever in my entire life expected any sort of pat on the back for parking their car. You should have know how to do that for 20 years. I'm not going to try to figure out why you expect that. But you did that twice and I let you snap at me. That borderlines on abuse behavior on your part. And you snapped at me because you thought that I should be grateful that you played the highest level on sudoko??? You're playing a game on your iphone, not doing me a favor. Like I'm really going to say, "Wow, you're so sweet for playing a video game. Thank you" There, now you know.

Hubble, your girl was CRAZY.

You're probably one of those nice people who would have trouble saying these things face to face with people. I recently wrote my friend a text because I was quite fed up. But looking back on it, I guess I'm wondering if in these types of sitations (where one person is being abusive and the other cannot face to face communicate back).... would it be better to voice thoughts and end things? or better to just let it fade away and just do no contact/ignore? why waste a minute's worth of energy writing to this person?

I've often times felt the need to express myself, probably out of feeling bad for myself for being treated that way. But ultimately the person on the other end is probably never going to get it or understand my perspective anyway. Better to save time and save words, just cut the person off and move on.

Just made me think of my own experiences.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
Hubble, your girl was CRAZY.

You're probably one of those nice people who would have trouble saying these things face to face with people. I recently wrote my friend a text because I was quite fed up. But looking back on it, I guess I'm wondering if in these types of sitations (where one person is being abusive and the other cannot face to face communicate back).... would it be better to voice thoughts and end things? or better to just let it fade away and just do no contact/ignore? why waste a minute's worth of energy writing to this person?

I've often times felt the need to express myself, probably out of feeling bad for myself for being treated that way. But ultimately the person on the other end is probably never going to get it or understand my perspective anyway. Better to save time and save words, just cut the person off and move on.

Just made me think of my own experiences.
thanks, that makes me feel better. i didn't say anything at that moment, because it was just so weird, i couldn't process it.

maybe next time something like that happens i'll just say something brief about how i don't like it. but i don't think things will be the same with that girl. she didn't even say anything back about that incident. i wonder why. i still can't get over how strange it was that she got mad, but i can only conclude that she has some problem with me. also, i need to meet more women, so i'm not putting attention on these sorts of things. in the past, i would have just ended it there.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:08 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Quote:
I've seen this girl 4 times and she has complained or been super picky about a lot of things. Although she is a pretty nice person in other ways, the complaining and negativity is getting to me.

Doesn't like visible cords on electronics. Told me to hid the cord if it was showing.
Doesn't like the color of her Wii. It's white but would look better with her stuff if black.
Doesn't like shellfish.

I'm sure there is more, but you get the picture. While some of these are valid, why voice them? No one likes a downer. I felt bad for her at first, but I'm thinking now, what's the point of trying to cheer up a negative person.
Bang her, if you havn't already....then run for the hills! can't stand women like that

Old 07-12-2011, 03:46 AM

483 posts, read 1,559,609 times
First, you're a wuss for telling her off by email. Second, you should have run for the hills long ago. I've dated chicks like this, the serial naggers I call them, and they will drive you nuts. There was one of them I was dating and she was hot enough that I put up with her because I was trying to get her in the sack, but after 3 dates I gave up because I couldn't handle it anymore. The final straw was this incident where I was driving her while she was giving directions. She waited until we were 100 feet away from the intersection before saying "oh make a right here", except I was in the freaking left lane. Since it was too dangerous to cut across 3 lanes, I drove to the next intersection to make a U-turn. She nagged me for missing the turn and asked "Where are you going?? I told you to make a right back there" !! WTF b****!!

Old 07-12-2011, 04:31 AM

1,812 posts, read 3,359,246 times
Quote:

Doesn't like shellfish.

then dont see her for the fifth time and you will not have to complain about her complaining Simple

Old 07-12-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
First, you're a wuss for telling her off by email. Second, you should have run for the hills long ago. I've dated chicks like this, the serial naggers I call them, and they will drive you nuts. There was one of them I was dating and she was hot enough that I put up with her because I was trying to get her in the sack, but after 3 dates I gave up because I couldn't handle it anymore. The final straw was this incident where I was driving her while she was giving directions. She waited until we were 100 feet away from the intersection before saying "oh make a right here", except I was in the freaking left lane. Since it was too dangerous to cut across 3 lanes, I drove to the next intersection to make a U-turn. She nagged me for missing the turn and asked "Where are you going?? I told you to make a right back there" !! WTF b****!!

hehe.. u must have dated her sister.

i slept in later than usual this morning and woke up in a better mood, i think due to the burden of nagging being lifted.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:36 PM

2,596 posts, read 5,581,958 times
I don't really hear anything wrong with either of you, but it does sound like your personalities don't mesh very well. Some men like a strong-minded woman who knows what she likes and says what she thinks. Other men find that annoying. Or, maybe you like that but because you two have different world views on a lot of stuff, you just rub each other the wrong way.

So, if things are this unpleasant for you within the first 5 dates, it's probably a sign the relationship doesn't have the chemistry to make it in the long haul. She's not going to change how she feels about lamb for you. You're not going to want to stop eating lamb for her. Might be better if she found someone more like her and you found someone more like you.

Last edited by h886; 07-12-2011 at 12:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships