Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 03:56 PM

550 posts, read 604,408 times

Advertisements

I hope you people are basing your opinions off astrology/numerology and not from your personal experiences. Everyone has more than one sign so you can't make generalizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 10:16 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdf2011 View Post
Taurus are born with common sense, and are so down to earth that it's usually hard to find anything to disagree with them about. My whole point of bringing up the jealous and paranoid thing is to show they can be impractical just as much as an Air sign.
Taurus is a royalty sign, just like Libra, both Venus-ruled. Home to the prince/princess: the life of luxury, being treated like royalty, luxurious spending habits.

In that respect, I will have to agree with you, the impractical side of Taurus. Remember, Taurus is the first, more immature of the earth signs.

Thru mad determination to acquire their $$, once they have it, they'll spend it like drunken sailors. Even if they don't need a 6 bedroom McMansion, or the most luxury-laden vehicle, or the expensive jewelry/clothes, they'll buy it anyway! Contrast that with the next earth sign, Virgo, who might have even more $$ socked away, will be content in their 400SF studio apartment tooling around the city on a bicycle, shopping at thrift stores.

If you really want to see the squander and waste of this sign, it's the Taurus moon carriers who are the worst cases. Witness Diana Ross: Aries sun/Moon in Taurus.

Aquarius is non/anti-materialistic. But they'll blow their $$ freely on the newest technological gadgets. The term technologically savvy has been leveled repeatedly against Ashton Kutchner: Sun/Moon/Merc/Venus in Aquarius! And Demi Moore is a Scorp/Moon in Taurus, no air. Go figure!

Don't be fooled by Aquarius, they may appear to be listening to every word you're saying, but their mind was well-made up before the discussion. But let's not single out AQ for that, you'll find others just as closed-minded.

Last edited by tijlover; 07-14-2011 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 07-14-2011, 10:52 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Quirky indeed, though it's more about being unique!

We like to shake things up...lol
And when too many people copy your uniqueness, then what? When too many others wear their baseball hats worn backwards, then it's time to come up with a new act, wearing a cowboy hat sideways.

You think it would be so unique, to buy two sets of tennis shoes: one red, one yellow. So, you wear one shoe red, one shoe yellow. And you pray everyday, nobody copies you, so you don't have to come up with a new act.

Tattoos! Get one, it better be the most unique tattoo ever created: a Somalian flag tattooed across your forehead!

Hair style! Oh drat! You spent so much time coloring your hair a rainbow of colors, and then? Others copied you. Then? A unique buzz cut with two skinny dreadlocks for pig tails!

I shouldn't criticize Aquarius. I have Uranus close to my Asc, Sun in the 11th house of AQ.

I walk my ferret, with a leash, on the Las Vegas Strip late evenings, driving my 29YO car. There's that Leo flavor: Look at me! How many others walk their ferrets on the Las Vegas Strip at night, drawing all kinds of attention and photo's!

But then, my ferret is a Capricorn with Mars in attention-seeking Leo!

Last edited by tijlover; 07-14-2011 at 11:01 PM.. Reason: edit/spellingAdd words

Old 07-15-2011, 12:22 AM

896 posts, read 1,853,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I shouldn't criticize Aquarius. I have Uranus close to my Asc, Sun in the 11th house of AQ.

Pshh. I'm an Aquarius rising and will rag on Aquariuses all day.

My opinion is based off those who I know, (young aquariuses) but I know quite a few, and while they seemingly rank amongst the most unique and individualistic people I know, they also come off as fake and like they're trying too hard. Like it's a life mission to be unique. I find it shallow and pathetic.

That's just the people I've known. Maybe they mature out of such behavior.

Regardless, I apologize for when I rag on some signs but I'm really not a fan of air signs.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 AM

24 posts, read 36,421 times
[SIZE=-1]I somehow believe that the omen or magic object has certain physical properties that are related to the external world by analogy. Although there is nothing wrong in believing but I guess it'll help you get rid of the unwanted situations if there is any.
[/SIZE]

Old 08-24-2011, 09:01 AM

63 posts, read 81,705 times
I'm Taurus and all of my ex's are Geminis. The relationships were basically ended on mutual terms and it wasn't anything catastrophic. I find them to be too restless. I'm energetic myself, but they're ALWAYS on the go. They would rather go out with their s/o with a group of friends than be alone together. That was my biggest gripe.

In general I get along best with Cancers (my husband is one), Aries, Virgo. All my closest friends through my life were those 3 signs.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:03 AM

63 posts, read 81,705 times
Most of the Taurus description describes me, except lazy/materialistic. Far from it, lol. My husband never said it, but I just know he thinks that my stubbornness is my worst trait, lol.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:50 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
and when too many people copy your uniqueness, then what?
All shall perish!!!!!

I'm kidding. I'm really not (excessively) flamboyant or anything. I believe you went over my chart, I have plenty of earth and water in my big little air head.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:05 AM

165 posts, read 323,039 times
I'm an Aries... and I have learned that you either love me or you hate me... and I'm ok with that....

I've also learned that people tend to think Aries are abrasive....when that's usually not the case... We're DEFINITELY misunderstood

But for the most part, Aries are sweethearts and will give you the shirts off our backs... that is until you cross us... And then you're on our shti list....

I also don;t like to be bored with the details of things... just give me the skinny and I'll figure the rest out myself lol

Definitely pioneers, innovators and natural leaders and come up with GREAT original ideas... the problems lies in executing those ideas

Make great friends, but will also point out fakery and don't like to be around it... I try to deal in truth, even if it is hurtful.... can't stand a liar

Old 08-28-2011, 11:24 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Horse manure....

That's right.

I said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships