Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 02:44 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,006 times

Advertisements

What you guys need to remember is that it's not your Sun Sign that determines how you come across to others, but rather your Rising Sign.

For example, my Sun Sign is Capricorn; it doens't fit me too well, what with all the priority and importance Caps are supposed to put on finances and work ethic. I only see those things as necessary evils.
But my Rising Sign of Gemini fits me well: I'm highly impulsive and often exhibit conflicting types of behavior and emotions. I can be whimsical or stoic, highly agitated or reserved, introverted or extroverted.

And my wife's Sun Sign is Scorpio. But she's the most mellow, gregarious person you'll ever meet.
Her Rising Sign is Sagitarius, and that fits her very well, what with her backgorund and passion for the Fine Arts.

My Chinese Astrological Sign fits me far better than my western ones do, however. I'm a Fire Monkey! Reading the description of Fire Monkeys sounds to me like someone knew me my whole life and wrote it down!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 02:46 PM

6 posts, read 8,409 times
How do you find out what your sun sign versus your rising sign is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
What you guys need to remember is that it's not your Sun Sign that determines how you come across to others, but rather your Rising Sign.

For example, my Sun Sign is Capricorn; it doens't fit me too well, what with all the priority and importance Caps are supposed to put on finances and work ethic. I only see those things as necessary evils.
But my Rising Sign of Gemini fits me well: I'm highly impulsive and often exhibit conflicting types of behavior and emotions. I can be whimsical or stoic, highly agitated or reserved, introverted or extroverted.

And my wife's Sun Sign is Scorpio. But she's the most mellow, gregarious person you'll ever meet.
Her Rising Sign is Sagitarius, and that fits her very well, what with her backgorund and passion for the Fine Arts.

My Chinese Astrological Sign fits me far better than my western ones do, however. I'm a Fire Monkey! Reading the description of Fire Monkeys sounds to me like someone knew me my whole life and wrote it down!

Old 09-08-2011, 02:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincerelyme View Post
How do you find out what your sun sign versus your rising sign is?
You have to know your time of birth. They change quickly - every 2 hours.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 PM

677 posts, read 1,538,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica8511 View Post
i am a sag, do you guys like sags?? sags are very friendly and fun. sag babe rock!
I get along with sags!! Except my first serious boyfriend.... He was fun and a little too friendly. He was unfaithful- but he was a lot of fun!

Old 09-08-2011, 04:32 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post

That last paragraph is what I've been wondering about; which is usually more accurate, as far as personalities go- Chinese astrology or Western?

Old 09-08-2011, 04:59 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
I'm a Capricorn, Horse. (I'm not actually an animal, though)

Old 09-08-2011, 08:50 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
What is your Moon sign? I work with Cancer's they are very emotional and over react for the simplest things. Yet are sooooo nurturing and kind and caring of others. They have a memory like no other! So I am constantly remembering what the heck I said to them so not to tick them off. Virgo's usually get along with Cancer's and help them when they can't make things simple. And Cancer's help them when they are being cold hearted or too strict.

I get along with Virgos, Cancers, Scorpios, Tauruses, Geminis and Capricorns.
I dunno what that stuff is? my "sun" sign is Cancer, and I was very nearly a Leo instead... born at 2 in the afternoon. You tell me?

I can be emotional *sometimes* but I rarely over-react to anything, since I try to mellow out my moods like I said. I also have a ridic long memory

Sometimes, though, when I keep too even of a temper I can come off as quite an ******* or even cold/distant, when really it's just my way of showing emotion without showing emotion.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:44 PM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, I do... That's why I'm so glad most men don't believe in astrology!
One of these days......................Smartie Pants is going to get outsmarted by someone wearing smartier pants. All it will take is a strongly-flavored Piscean type (with their expert lying/manipulative skills) who, when you bring up the subject of Astrology, will lie between their shark teeth and say: Astrology is a bunch of crap! It's the work of the devil!

Smartie Pants sucks it all in with a smug smile, and unknown to her this devil dug out her birthdate and time of birth somewhere, and he knows so much about her he even knows the future dates of her Saturn, Jupiter, Pluto, Neptune transits and knows precisely, within minutes, of when to strike, when she's at her weakest!

Wouldn't that be a show worth paying $100 for a front row seat!!!

Then will come the avalanche of Sierra's posts: Astrology is the work of the devil! Astrology is the work of the devil!

Last edited by tijlover; 09-08-2011 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 09-09-2011, 12:46 AM

896 posts, read 1,853,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Mars in Leo (or in any of the fire signs) are notorious for their hot, quick, fiery tempers, flying off the handle over the littlest things. My Dad had that Mars sign, talk about an uncontrollable temper!!! When he'd get angry, things would go a-flying right and left! Curse words could be heard all the way to City Hall!

This worries me, to some extent, as you may be projecting this onto your wife, and she ends up displaying "your" hot temper. And, understandably, your Moon in Scorpio probably pours some water on it.

And with a woman, who's not in touch with that boiling anger and temper, it could possibly invite wife batterers/beaters into their lives. Always reprimanding their partners about controlling their tempers!

I dont know. I have a temper under the surface, but I never ever explode. In a given situation where im being wronged somehow, its right at the front of my mind, the words staged and ready to go, "F YOU A-HOLE!".....except I always clam up and say something weak and amiable, a calm and clever response perhaps, then I walk away. Which is honestly a good thing, because it keeps me from being attacked by that person, and is a more mature way of handling myself. Something in me, (its gotta be Cancer), clams up though, and at least for once in my life, I would love to be able to just straight up, put someone in their place. The only people ive ever actually blown up on are my wife and my mother....who happened to be the two people in my life im 100% comfortable and safe around. Anyone else, im terrified of telling them just exactly what I think. Im not entirely complaining, but it would be nice to actually get some of that aggression out. Its no wonder why I scream at the top of my lungs to angry metal music in my car when no ones around, sometimes.

I dont think I even need to project my temper on to my wife. Her Mars is Leo as well. Mix that temper with such a no-bulls*** personality as my wifes. She can throw the hammer down. Shes the tough one in the relationship. I may be the breadwinner but shes the pantswearer.

I dont mind though and I think it works.

Old 09-09-2011, 01:07 AM

896 posts, read 1,853,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Holy Toledo!!! Being as water-logged as you are, I would think you'd want some detachment from your emotions and feelings, from time to time, and air is there to give you an occasional vacation from scuba-diving in Lake Erie.

Air has a nice cooling effect. You come home on a hot/humid day, doesn't that feel good, sitting in front of that fan, with your hair blowing and the wind scattering your potato chips all over the living room?

Its a good thing being able to detach sometimes. However, sometimes I detach when I shouldnt, and thats where I encounter problems. Sometimes the Aquarius ascendant takes control, and makes me just not care about anything. When im like that, all I can even focus on is the trivial things in my life that I gain some sort of pleasure from, such as talking about/engaging in my personal interests/hobbies....or thinking about more worldly concerns. All consideration for my personal relationships....those who should be important/priorities, like my loved ones, goes out the window, and this is very contradictory to my essential Cancer nature. Ill literally have moments, during these Aquarius rising bouts, where I say something ignorant or I just neglect to pay attention or care about something....then moments later, I snap back to Cancer and am super regretful and sincerely sorry that I was like that.

Thats why I sometimes wish I was something other than an Aquarius rising. It just doesnt fit my particular life and who the rest of me is, very well. But I suppose I wouldnt be me without it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships