Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 05:02 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

if anyone is searching an online site to date, they're not happy.

they're only dating so no harm no foul but if she's putting more into the relationship then she may be disappointed.

she should know before it blows up in her face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,843 times
just tell her and let her sort it out afterwards

if she gets pissed at you thats dumb. she should be pissed at the d00d

Old 07-04-2011, 05:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
no the two girls don't know each other. believe me i was shocked when my one friend told me that this guy contacted her. b/c i don't live in a small town or anything so the odds weren't great. but stranger things happen i suppose right.
Oh, it's a very small world.

It would've been great if the other girl made plans with him and his GF showed up instead!

I don't know either one of you, but maybe you should tell her... You sound young. I doubt she's into such "open" relationships.

I had a similar dilemma in my mind just recently and I even wanted to help a woman I don't know, but I identify with her very much. I didn't and won't do it... Can't save the world... She's not a friend of mine, though.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:35 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Let's start by saying it's none of your fricking business, Miss OP

She might think she wanted to marry him at the first date. He may not have had the same feelings.

As long as the situation is concerned in a 2-dimensional point of view, he is just juggling his options and he has the right to find the right woman "he" wants to marry.

It's a problem if it's post engagement or marriage. But what's the big deal?

You're intruding into other people's lives and just making drama out of it. You may fancy the idea of being the saviour and the best friend in need for your other friends. But, for Pete's sake, let people sort out their own dating issues

Old 07-04-2011, 05:54 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,603,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
,,,I know it would be easier to say nothing.... But let's say they get married and have 2 kids. It's 3 years from now. She finds out he has been cheating all this time and leaves him. But you knew all along. She will probably have to move in with you till she gets her life straightened out.
It is not cheating if they are not married. The OP already said the woman was ready to wed on the first date so it is obvious she is not sane or is off her meds.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:56 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penner View Post
Putting myself in your friend's shoes, I would definitely want to know!!! If you have sufficient facts that it's the same guy...then tell her the facts and she can decide what to do from there. There are also ways that this guy could be set up and called out on his actions, but that might be too extreme.
I thought that too...

If it were me, I would want to know.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:29 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,218,986 times
I would 100% tell your friend but I would be very careful how I went about it.

For a start I would ask your other friend for access to the emails that show that it is definitely him so that you can back up your story if she asks you to.

I would then tell her that you have something you are afraid to tell her but that you love her and want to do the right thing. Don't jump in with 'he's cheating on you!!', but instead tell her the story as you told it here and then let her come to her own conclusions.

Tell her you will respect her decision no matter what she decides to do and then stand by that.

Good luck, I know it's not fun but it's something you MUST do if this person is a friend. If I found out my friend had known about my SO cheating on me and hadn't told me I would never forgive them.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:56 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,847,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Let's start by saying it's none of your fricking business, Miss OP

She might think she wanted to marry him at the first date. He may not have had the same feelings.

As long as the situation is concerned in a 2-dimensional point of view, he is just juggling his options and he has the right to find the right woman "he" wants to marry.

It's a problem if it's post engagement or marriage. But what's the big deal?

You're intruding into other people's lives and just making drama out of it. You may fancy the idea of being the saviour and the best friend in need for your other friends. But, for Pete's sake, let people sort out their own dating issues

Mr. OP

Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,235 times
Are they just dating or are they in a committed relationship? If theyre casually dating then he is doing nothing wrong but if they are committed then she needs to cut all ties and you need to tell her the truth.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:03 AM

2,309 posts, read 3,847,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
Are they just dating or are they in a committed relationship? If theyre casually dating then he is doing nothing wrong but if they are committed then she needs to cut all ties and you need to tell her the truth.

i've only met the guy once and it was when they had first started dating. by all accounts from her he is the "one" and is her BF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships