Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 09:38 AM

630 posts, read 1,047,422 times

Advertisements

bummer you guys had crappy experiences. I would love to do something like this on the side as a career. I've been setting up couples since I was 15 and think I have a knack for it. One couple I've set up has been together for 5 years, one is engaged, and the other is getting married in the next couple years after being together for 5 years and living together for 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 09:39 PM

2,743 posts, read 4,810,755 times
I've long thought the one of the most depressing lacks in our society are methods and vehicles for people to use in finding their Soul Mate.
Matchmakers are exceedingly rare, the days of Church Socials are waning, as are cocktail parties.
Maybe I'm in the generation that hadn't gotten into using Facebook or such as a way to meet new people, pre-screen them, and then make connections and dates.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:31 AM

what do you think, do you think society can use more efficient matchmakers?

Old 07-11-2011, 11:54 AM
qwy

296 posts, read 519,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
In my case, to answer the questions below:

2. The brick-and-mortar service had a fixed fee somewhere in the range of about $5k or so, with about 30 guaranteed perspective matches that they screened your for using the online dating service database. No introductory fee, but no guarantee that a succesful match would successfully happen, either. Also, an "all sales final" prospective (i.e., "buyer beware" scenario). No luck at all in this arena either -- and after a while, they stopped matching me, entirely (haven't had any matches for going on like 6-8 months now, despite their earlier guarantee).

Both scenarios were a colossal failure. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have wasted my money, or even bothered with them. Alas...live and learn
So are you saying that they just basically made you pay for internet dating? Do you believe that what you see on Millionaire Match Maker is unrealistic... you know lines of women wrapped around the corner and over 95% beautiful and sexy... or could that just be because they have the chance to date a millionaire?

Old 07-11-2011, 03:00 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,746,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwy View Post
So are you saying that they just basically made you pay for internet dating? Do you believe that what you see on Millionaire Match Maker is unrealistic... you know lines of women wrapped around the corner and over 95% beautiful and sexy... or could that just be because they have the chance to date a millionaire?
To answer your question...actually, it is a lil complicated...in the beginning, the dating service I used was *purely* brick-and-mortar. They used a database of other members who were subscribed to the program (but not online). Later, the dating service was bought out by another dating service, which combined the brick-and-mortar aspects with online dating aspects, to create a brick-and-mortar / online hybrid, if you will, and with the addition of an online database of matches.

Yes, I believe that Millionaire Matchmaker is unrealistic...

Old 07-11-2011, 03:58 PM

I wanna be a matchmakerrr!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 05:55 AM
qwy

296 posts, read 519,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
I wanna be a matchmakerrr!!!
Great! I'll send you my stats and you can get started...

What are your rates??? Do you have layaway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships