Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2011, 12:40 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,383 times

Advertisements

Girls with low self-esteem, (which I posted about in another thread), will often do this to guys that are of better quality than they're used to simply because they're intimidated by good because all they've ever had are relationships that were dumpster fires
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 01:12 PM

223 posts, read 166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Girls with low self-esteem, (which I posted about in another thread), will often do this to guys that are of better quality than they're used to simply because they're intimidated by good because all they've ever had are relationships that were dumpster fires
I often wondered about that.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:42 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee247 View Post
Hello, I was just curious about this.

Maybe not everyone believes the friend zone exists but for those that do...why do you put certain men there?

Does it have to do with your attraction to the man?

Compatibility/Potential with the man based on personalities, traits, interests, beliefs, etc?

Availability? Maybe you're in a relationship...or he is in one...

Is it mainly one of these? All of the above? Something else?

I think it has to do with a woman liking a man, but as far as romance goes, she experiences ambivalence towards him. Hey, at least the Friend Zone helps him stay on the bench, if not in the game.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,256 times
I'm attracted to a tiny minority of people, for different and unforeseeable reasons (X can be handsome and unattractive to me, terribly smart and unattractive to me, a wonderful human being and unattractive to me, nearly perfect and unattractive to me, etc.). All the rest are automatically put in the Friend Zone. Which is a great place to be, by the way.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:04 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
Guys are in the "friend zone" for two reasons: when I first meet them and when I'm not interested in them. It takes a while for me to really like someone.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:19 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
Guys are in the "friend zone" for two reasons: when I first meet them and when I'm not interested in them. It takes a while for me to really like someone.
So you are never attracted to a guy you initially meet?

Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
So you are never attracted to a guy you initially meet?
No, I guess not. Some guys I've met are attractive, but I'm not attracted to them. I like getting to know them, but once I see how different they are from me, it's difficult to see them more than a friend. It completely stops my track of wanting to be more than friends. I seem to do this unconsciously.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:43 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
To those that say men don't get anything out of being "just friends" with attractive women:

First of all, beautiful women will have lots of good looking friends. And as far as nightlife goes, your social value will be much higher if you roll in with a group of hot women. You sort of pass a test of being "good enough" to warrant the company of them. A guy coming into a club/bar with 5 of his male friends won't have this advantage. Instead they'll give off the predator vibe.

I've been LJBFed and it sucks but if she's being truthful in that she'd really like to be friends, why not take her up on that?

Old 07-07-2011, 09:50 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
To those that say men don't get anything out of being "just friends" with attractive women:

First of all, beautiful women will have lots of good looking friends. And as far as nightlife goes, your social value will be much higher if you roll in with a group of hot women. You sort of pass a test of being "good enough" to warrant the company of them. A guy coming into a club/bar with 5 of his male friends won't have this advantage. Instead they'll give off the predator vibe.

I've been LJBFed and it sucks but if she's being truthful in that she'd really like to be friends, why not take her up on that?
Except that they never really truly mean they want to be friends.

"LJBF" is simply female code for "Get lost and never bother me again." In my own experience, it is just an excuse for them to dismiss you. But they almost always don't want to really be your "friend", either. At least, that's how it seems to work, here in D.C. anyway. I dunno about other places / regions though.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:53 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Would you rather them actually tell you to "get lost"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships