Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 07:24 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,147,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
What makes you think I'm staying? She's not my "ex" yet, but soon. And, after two marriages, I'm not willing to take a chance on anyone any more.
Good, just do it. And for the love of God, I wish you guys would stop complaining and whining, over and over and over, like annoying little children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 07:46 AM

92 posts, read 112,421 times
Default I can't fault a man for trying...

I know of many different "situations" and I'm not going to pass judgement on him for trying to get a little hot tail on the side....as long as he is honest about his situation and can accept rejection. I would not befriend him, but I'm not into demonizing anyone outright either.

However, OP, if you don't agree with his standards, then I certainly wouldn't recommend asking him to set you up. Do you think his friends are any different? Move along and find someone who's values you share.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:20 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,344,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyski View Post
A married guy approached me and asked to take me out. Of course, I declined due to the obvious. He was so persistent and refused to take no for an answer. He went on saying that he was unhappy, right, every married man has used that excuse. To get him to go away, I eventually asked for his business card, which has his phone number on it. I don't go out with married men and would not want to participate in a "fantasy" relationship with one. How would it look if I texted him and asked to meet one of his single friends? Guys, what do you think his response would be? He seems to be a very successful businessman, maybe he has attractive, successful friends.
The irony is strong in this one.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:38 AM

112 posts, read 191,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I might View Post
However, OP, if you don't agree with his standards, then I certainly wouldn't recommend asking him to set you up. Do you think his friends are any different? Move along and find someone who's values you share.
OP - I'm not sure I agree with the above comment although he might be one of those players who only hang with scum bags and have no useful contacts.

But here is the thing...

People do favours for friends and he is not on the path to being much of a friend is he? To accept a favour from him will imply that he can ask a favour from you. For example, would you set him up with a friend who would like to date a married man?

I sense that you have the ability to say no so I'm not going to advise you to 'run away' unless you are tempted by this guy which I don't perceive.

But still, exchanging favours brings you and he closer and he may not be a desirable 'demi-friend'.

On the other hand, the favour you offer may be your silence about his advances.

If you text him, he may see this as you having second thoughts and may reply with another request for a date.

On balance, it seems unlikely that contact with him would put you in contact with desirable men and likely that you will be encouraging a player.

I do like your thinking of making and taking advantage of contacts in zones where the type of men you like may be found.

I just don't think this one is going to work out for you.

WC

Old 07-05-2011, 11:57 AM

11 posts, read 37,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WireChief View Post
OP - I'm not sure I agree with the above comment although he might be one of those players who only hang with scum bags and have no useful contacts.

But here is the thing...

People do favours for friends and he is not on the path to being much of a friend is he? To accept a favour from him will imply that he can ask a favour from you. For example, would you set him up with a friend who would like to date a married man?

I sense that you have the ability to say no so I'm not going to advise you to 'run away' unless you are tempted by this guy which I don't perceive.

But still, exchanging favours brings you and he closer and he may not be a desirable 'demi-friend'.

On the other hand, the favour you offer may be your silence about his advances.

If you text him, he may see this as you having second thoughts and may reply with another request for a date.

On balance, it seems unlikely that contact with him would put you in contact with desirable men and likely that you will be encouraging a player.

I do like your thinking of making and taking advantage of contacts in zones where the type of men you like may be found.

I just don't think this one is going to work out for you.

WC

Well said! That is exactly what I concluded.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:21 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,688,515 times
Quote:
A married guy approached me and asked to take me out. Of course, I declined due to the obvious. He was so persistent and refused to take no for an answer. He went on saying that he was unhappy, right, every married man has used that excuse. To get him to go away, I eventually asked for his business card, which has his phone number on it. I don't go out with married men and would not want to participate in a "fantasy" relationship with one. How would it look if I texted him and asked to meet one of his single friends? Guys, what do you think his response would be? He seems to be a very successful businessman, maybe he has attractive, successful friends.
Why do you care what his response would be? I think its kinda obvious anyway. He would just ask to meet up somewhere so he could pull a hump and dump on you just like he is doing to his wife with who knows how many other females. You think is is going to bring a potential ho into his circle of friends? It doesn't work like that unless they just pass you around like a toy. He is not going to be looking out for anyone's happiness but his own.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:03 PM

11 posts, read 37,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
You think is is going to bring a potential ho into his circle of friends? It doesn't work like that unless they just pass you around like a toy. He is not going to be looking out for anyone's happiness but his own.

You need to watch your language as you do not know anything about my character. You sound like a bitter, scorned old wife that is suffering from a midlife crisis.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:19 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,688,515 times
I am just telling you what YOU are in his mind. Deal with it. Has nothing to do at all with me or you.
Guess someone else called you this more than once before so perhaps you are the one that is bitter about it? Maybe thats why dear old hubby sniffed you out? Maybe you come off as that type?

Old 07-05-2011, 01:22 PM

8,307 posts, read 38,713,610 times
Quote:
I doubt he would be very cooperative.

A successful, lecherous businessman is likely to have attractive, successful, lecherous friends.

Probably a non-starter.

As an afterthought, he probably is happily married - just not happy with the lack of strange.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:43 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,016,915 times
Heh I just found out where many of the women who go out with married men end up

Homewreckers and Harlots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships