Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 03:40 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyski View Post
The Law of Attraction simply says that you attract into your life whatever you think about.

A couple of friends and I had a discussion over lunch regarding the type of men we attract. We're career-minded individuals that believe in a core set of values. We dress tasteful, never trashy, yet some of the men that we attract are offering us casual and fun times.

We live a life of celibacy but continue to attract sex-crazed robots. According to The Law of Attraction, shouldn't these sexually robust men be attracted to party girls or loose girls?

Meditate(thought and vision) AND take actions that feel right. Guys like that would not get past sentence one if you were being/acting as who you wish to come off as. I am not quite sure how they do if you are acting strait laced instead of flirty. I know there are those who act that way no matter how you are but can't you shut down that energy in a sentence or a facial expression?

I believe in that LOA fairy tale. And it always happens when you least expect it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 12:26 PM

400 posts, read 849,726 times
I don't know what the Law of Attraction is. Has it been accepted as a plausible scientific theory by a body of experts?

Have you considered the possibility that you and your friends may be deluding yourselves? Perhaps you aren't using the right bait.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:49 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,353,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
In part directly relating to domestic violence..often times women will have a past of dv in their families meaning they have been directly affected by men in their lives hurting their mother..they have the mentality that states "Not me ..nope" Yet they attract the type because men usually know a victim when they see one...
Please explain something ... How are the daughters of DV families victims? What is it that men are seeing?

Old 07-08-2011, 05:03 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I don't know about the "Law of Attraction"...but I have completely given up on dating and relationships. For some reason, I either attract crazy men, or make men crazy. I can't stand the drama. Being alone is better than being with some guy who wants to scream at me that I am cheating on him because I came home late from work one day.

I am okay with my new found release on trying to find a man, or have a relationship. I will be alone for the rest of my life...and am now accepting this and embracing it. No more horrible internet coffee meets, no more e mails or meeting random internet wierdos, done with it. I was asked out the other night by a man at a resturant, and just nicely turned him down...working on myself, and not interested in getting involved in anything at all. I don't feel sad for myself, this is a choice...

Old 07-08-2011, 05:49 PM

76 posts, read 110,684 times
women will talk about the kind of man that they want, and end up with someone completely different.... It happens all of the time. What women say they want, and what they actually respond to, are often totally different. Bad boys bad boys what ya gonna do??

Old 07-08-2011, 09:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigorose33 View Post
women will talk about the kind of man that they want, and end up with someone completely different.... It happens all of the time. What women say they want, and what they actually respond to, are often totally different. Bad boys bad boys what ya gonna do??
Go to jail. They do not pass go and do not collect $200.

Then they must roll up to 3 times and get dubs on one of those rolls, or they are forced to pay to get themselves out.

I'm always the shoe or the horse.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:13 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigorose33 View Post
Exactly. Some women might say they want to marry a decent guy, but their hormones go all kinds of crazy for bad boys. The universe gives people what they think and want truly, not what they tell themselves they should want.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:09 AM

951 posts, read 1,811,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
The so called "Law of Attraction" doesn't exist. What does exist is your ability to choose what kind of person you want to be in a relationship with. You have to be able to filter out the guys who are only after sex and find the ones that want to be in a relationship. Guys of all types are going to be attracted to you; you just have to be careful who you are attracted to.
Very true.

It appears that the type of men she ultimately wants, assuming that she doesn't first filter them out based on physical attractiveness, are those guys who have been working hard on making themselves decent individuals and in the process found that they were not successful in attracting the interest of women. Many such men make few attempts to approach women, having been shot down so many times.

Most men who are physically attractive to women, put very little effort into making themselves decent people. It has no value when their main interest is getting laid and might make him an unwilling candidate for marriage, if he is not too careful!

Far better to "love 'em and leave 'em" before things get serious. He can nearly always find an eager and willing replacement next weekend, if not sooner.

Old 07-09-2011, 05:19 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,353,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Very true.

It appears that the type of men she ultimately wants, assuming that she doesn't first filter them out based on physical attractiveness, are those guys who have been working hard on making themselves decent individuals and in the process found that they were not successful in attracting the interest of women. Many such men make few attempts to approach women, having been shot down so many times.

Most men who are physically attractive to women, put very little effort into making themselves decent people. It has no value when their main interest is getting laid and might make him an unwilling candidate for marriage, if he is not too careful!

Far better to "love 'em and leave 'em" before things get serious. He can nearly always find an eager and willing replacement next weekend, if not sooner.
Hmm ... is this applicable to most women who are physically attractive to men?

Old 07-09-2011, 05:37 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
OP this isn't always true. Many women attract men like yourself because they see you as a challenge. Same as women attracted to bad boys, women think they can change them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships