Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 10:10 PM

749 posts, read 2,077,919 times

Advertisements

ex-wives....*grrrr*

Since I turned about 28 or so I've never (or hardly) dated a guy my age or older that WASN'T divorced....but that may be a regional thing. I guess you can look at it as "experience" maybe. Like, would you hire a new manager that had no management experience?

On a more positive note....I've heard good things about the dateability of widowers. I might consider one one day, there is no ex-wife to deal with since she's already dead...yeah I know that's cruel, bite my tongue

Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 PM

25 posts, read 49,219 times
Divorced men who are bitter or bad mouthing their ex-wifes?
My rule is: listen how a man talks about either an ex-girlfriend or an ex-wife.
That way you will learn a lot about the man.

A man who is bitter about his previous marriage and money has issues.
Not worth spending time with, let him see a shrink.
You're not a band-aid.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 PM

10,932 posts, read 11,660,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyski View Post
Ladies under 33, have you ever been on a date with a man who you thought was emotionally balanced only to find out during the date that he is guarded and jaded from being hung out to dry by the ex wife?

Do you notice how these men target relationships with attractive, young women who are independent, have never been married and have no kids.

Here is who they are: late 30's to mid 40′s, one or more kids, paying alimony, child support and college, ex wife left him with just the clothes on his back.

The worst attribute in these type of men is that they view us like the ex wife and think that we want their money, the little money that is left over after the ex wife got what she wanted. Many of us that are approached by these men own homes, have great careers, and are financially stable, yet they think we want their money. Really?

Should we date divorced men who pursue us, offering us very little, yet they have given their ex wives the world? Should we only date men who have never been married, have no alimony or child support to pay? That single guy who has never been married will more likely be emotionally balanced since he does not have to be a "financial well" for a woman and kids.
You're speaking from authority, no?

Old 04-18-2013, 01:48 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,857,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyski View Post
Ladies under 33, have you ever been on a date with a man who you thought was emotionally balanced only to find out during the date that he is guarded and jaded from being hung out to dry by the ex wife?

Do you notice how these men target relationships with attractive, young women who are independent, have never been married and have no kids.

Here is who they are: late 30's to mid 40′s, one or more kids, paying alimony, child support and college, ex wife left him with just the clothes on his back.

The worst attribute in these type of men is that they view us like the ex wife and think that we want their money, the little money that is left over after the ex wife got what she wanted. Many of us that are approached by these men own homes, have great careers, and are financially stable, yet they think we want their money. Really?

Should we date divorced men who pursue us, offering us very little, yet they have given their ex wives the world? Should we only date men who have never been married, have no alimony or child support to pay? That single guy who has never been married will more likely be emotionally balanced since he does not have to be a "financial well" for a woman and kids.
I am 42 but I would NEVER date a man like that. No way, I deserve much better than to be someone's scraps. Btw I have dated men paying alimony and child support, which is why I am strongly opposed to it.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:51 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,200,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I am 42 but I would NEVER date a man like that. No way, I deserve much better than to be someone's scraps. Btw I have dated men paying alimony and child support, which is why I am strongly opposed to it.
Wow, I can't believe you would never date a man like that. You should tell us one more time so we don't forget.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Wow, I can't believe you would never date a man like that. You should tell us one more time so we don't forget.
I responded to a post. I think those childless posters like myself need to see the truly horrifying aspects of dating someone who is divorced with kids. Not going to accept because I married later someone who can't afford to spend time and money with me like they did with their ex.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:01 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,437,273 times
Quote:
I responded to a post. I think those childless posters like myself need to see the truly horrifying aspects of dating someone who is divorced with kids. Not going to accept because I married later someone who can't afford to spend time and money with me like they did with their ex.
"Married" is a funny word. Its use doesn't have to be in the legal context, for example it could be used in the following phrases:

"He's married to his business," or maybe even - "He's married to his mom."

Old 04-18-2013, 02:04 PM

In this way she was saying married as in legally married to a woman who is his wife. I wouldn't date a man like the OP described, only desperate women would.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:25 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,592,766 times
Quote:
In this way she was saying married as in legally married to a woman who is his wife. I wouldn't date a man like the OP described, only desperate women would.
To be fair. You'd be someone who I'd never date. I woudn't ever count someone like you among friends.

In fact if you were that desperate to want a date... I would set up a time and a place just to stand you up.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
To be fair. You'd be someone who I'd never date. I woudn't ever count someone like you among friends.

In fact if you were that desperate to want a date... I would set up a time and a place just to stand you up.
I wouldn't date someone like you so what's your point? I'm not desperate enough to date you but nice try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.