Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,778,816 times

Advertisements

Bitter men shouldn't be dating in the first place, no ifs ands or buts.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:59 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,205,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Be careful what you put out over the internet. Big Brother is watching. He doesn't have a sense of humor about these things.
I heard it pays well and there is no such thing as alimony or child support in Russia. BTW rossetta stone is on sale right now.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:02 PM

102,060 posts, read 106,950,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I heard it pays well and there is no such thing as alimony or child support in Russia. BTW rossetta stone is on sale right now.
There's other kinds of work you can do that pays well besides building weapons for their gov't.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There's other kinds of work you can do that pays well besides building weapons for their gov't.
That seems to be what the Russians like to do though, Russia and Germany are the only places that have non 3rd world living standards and do NOT have reciprocity with the USA, Russia also does not have alimony or child support laws so if you meet a Russian woman there and she leaves there is no financial fall out, especially if your making weapons for their govt.

If your working for darpa in the USA I don't think you get a pass on legal obligations, they will still take it out of your pay check.

I guess you could negotiate that in the interview, tell them you have stifling legal obligations and they need to make it go away (along with any future liabilities you might incur with a woman) and pay you huge money or don't take the job and then quietly go over seas.

I would simply back calculate how much I want to take home and then make them pay me what ever is nessicary to make that take home pay after all the garbage, which would be really high because child support is on a % basis so if I want to take home 120k then they would have to pay me well over 200k so that it came out to 120k after taxes and liabilities. I have successfully negotiated this way before to a little bit lesser extent.

Most people don't want to put in the work to make this happen though, but what else are you going to do.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:06 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,778,816 times
Yeah, I read in Reader's Digest, diving for pearls is a lucrative gig.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Yeah, I read in Reader's Digest, diving for pearls is a lucrative gig.
I do like weapons though, something about the threat of violence that gets peoples attention and he who holds the best weapons can maintain their quality of live through the threat of the use of said weapons.

We have to follow all these laws as citizens because we do not have adequate means to threaten violence on those that would exploit us, so instead we suffer.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:19 PM

102,060 posts, read 106,950,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
That seems to be what the Russians like to do though, Russia and Germany are the only places that have non 3rd world living standards and do NOT have reciprocity with the USA, Russia also does not have alimony or child support laws so if you meet a Russian woman there and she leaves there is no financial fall out, especially if your making weapons for their govt.

If your working for darpa in the USA I don't think you get a pass on legal obligations, they will still take it out of your pay check.

I guess you could negotiate that in the interview, tell them you have stifling legal obligations and they need to make it go away (along with any future liabilities you might incur with a woman) and pay you huge money or don't take the job and then quietly go over seas.

I would simply back calculate how much I want to take home and then make them pay me what ever is nessicary to make that take home pay after all the garbage, which would be really high because child support is on a % basis so if I want to take home 120k then they would have to pay me well over 200k so that it came out to 120k after taxes and liabilities. I have successfully negotiated this way before to a little bit lesser extent.

Most people don't want to put in the work to make this happen though, but what else are you going to do.
I don't know what you're babbling about. All I'm saying is that you may have just let our gov't know you have an interest in building weapons for Russia. There's no guaranteed privacy on phone or internet anymore, you know.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:11 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,858,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I think dating divorced men is fine, as long as they have no kids. Dating a divorced man with kids is like entering into a modern form of polygamy - the ex-wife will always be there. When the divorced man has no kids, there's no need to keep contact with the ex. Marrying a divorced man with kids means marrying him, his ex-wife and his kids, and what's worse, you'll never be #1. He might be your #1, but you will never be his, so forget about it. You'll come after the ex-wife and the kids, and your life will be shaped and controlled by what the ex-wife and his kids decide is their schedule. Also, you'll never be able to complain about it, because his relationships with his ex and kids are based upon a solid mountain of guilt because the kids will want the parents to get back together and will send signals - obvious ones, not so obvious ones, you name it. And if the ex is a total nutjob, she will shape the kids to make your life a living hell. He'll accuse you of hating his kids, of being jealous, of having psychological issues, yada yada yada, just to STOP the conversation. Why? Easy. Because he figures YOUR love is unconditional, whereas the kids' love is not. They can turn against him if they feel like it, or the ex can turn the kids against him. So he dumps on the new wife, while allowing all kinds of nasty behavior on the part of the ex and kids.

Not all divorced men with kids do this, I'm sure, but omg I've seen enough of them do it that it should have a name. Let's call it The "Please, please, Kids Don't Hate Me for Wanting a Life" Male Syndrome.

I say we should date divorced men WITHOUT kids, or single men. That's it. Let's leave the divorced men with kids to really desperate women, or women who is capable of handling a pillar of crap, day after day, and doesn't mind being treated like a second class citizen in her own home.
Agreed. Let's not forget the fun about having the new spouse helping to financially support the ex and the kids. Yes judges often increase child support and alimony based on the new spouse. I've known many cases of a couple having to watch their money to make sure the ex gets her/his share. I would be LIVID to have my money going towards a family I didn't help create.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:06 AM

2,113 posts, read 2,395,107 times
Now, I'm not going to demonize someone for being divorced, as people do make mistakes. But there are some things I am going to want to know.

First, is he truly ready to be in another relationship? Meaning, emotionally, mentally, and financially? I understand that divorce can take quite a toll on a person, but I also understand that someone who wants to build a relationship with me based on love and respect will not put me in the position of being his emotional janitor or his backup wallet. I have been through way too much crap to put up with this. And-it's nuts that people actually have to ask this - but, is he REALLY divorced?

Second, what was his role in the dissolution of the marriage, and what kind of insight did he gain in order to keep from repeating the same situation? Fact is, even if the ex was a complete hosebeast and everything that went wrong in the marriage was 100% her fault (which is doubtful), he still chose to marry her. I need to know that he has the capacity for self-reflection and that he takes responsibility for his choices. Because, if he doesn't, he's going to be blaming me for everything someday as well.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:16 AM

7,287 posts, read 6,863,053 times
People that live on their bad times, do not let go of them.
People that maipulate with/for sympathy are manipulative .
If that is what your parents operate in, that is wht you are going to be attracted to .(even if you dont like it.)
My parents were not manipulaters , so I did not tollerate being manipulated.
Some people crave manipulation , to them it is some form of loving I guess.
I wouldn't condemn a guy with a past nor a girl with a past, but against their charricter in the present .
If there is distrust issues you have to prove you can be trusted. And vise versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.