Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:48 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
Because America has an overabundance of ugly single men?
Probably this. Sure, women will concentrate on the better looking men in a shopping center, but there are a lot of fat rednecks around.

Also, how can the US be that low and Canada be high? They seem to act NO differently in Canada, and I've been to all the large cities. If you find a friendly waitress in a mountain town on the drive between Vancouver and Calgary, chances are she's a "Mountain Mama."

Also, about Europe. Women in northern Europe are not flirtatious at all. Women in southern Europe aren't exactly flirtatious either, but easier to connect with and strike up a conversation with them.

Now, Filipino and South American chicks are flirtatious if you are a "greengo" because they want a pass to "Amereeca."

Old 08-25-2012, 09:56 AM

354 posts, read 617,925 times
It has always been my experience that American women flirt quite a bit.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:59 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanman76 View Post
It has always been my experience that American women flirt quite a bit.
Yeah, with college "dude" types that "prepare" at the gym and then go to Spring Break in Florida or at South Padre.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:13 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Studies show that American women rank low when it comes to being flirty and open in social situations. Canada is one of the countries that rank high in that regard. From my personal experience, I believe this to be true Canadian women are very friendly. European women are highly flirty and freindly.

Why do you think this is the case?
Relative to other cultures, American men seem the least flirty, as well. Maybe it's part of the reserve common to Germanic heritage? How do Americans compare to Brits in flirtiness? Maybe it's trickle-down influence of Puritan heritage?

Old 08-25-2012, 10:32 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Because women have better things to do than flatter and fawn over men who can't tell the difference between light banter and genuine interest, particularly in a society that still views women as either tramps or "marriage material" and punishes women for enjoying their sexuality.

When women in Spain and similar countries flirt, they do it because they know the men are not going to see it as license to start groping, or even ask the woman out. Here, men take flirtation to mean "she wants me," push it too far, and then get all bent out of shape if she does not reciprocate in escalating the exchange. It's just not worth the aggravation.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:36 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Because women have better things to do than flatter and fawn over men who can't tell the difference between light banter and genuine interest, particularly in a society that still views women as either tramps or "marriage material" and punishes women for enjoying their sexuality.

When women in Spain and similar countries flirt, they do it because they know the men are not going to see it as license to start groping, or even ask the woman out. Here, men take flirtation to mean "she wants me," push it too far, and then get all bent out of shape if she does not reciprocate in escalating the exchange. It's just not worth the aggravation.
I'd rep you if I could. Spot on.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:39 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
I disagree with this

Old 08-25-2012, 10:41 AM

354 posts, read 617,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yeah, with college "dude" types that "prepare" at the gym and then go to Spring Break in Florida or at South Padre.

Thats funny. I am a working professional who has been out of college for some time. I am in good shape but never go to the gym. I have never been to a Spring Break though I do live in Florida.

Women still flirt with me.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:29 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
American women flirt all the time, I dont know what you guys are talking about. You just have to apporach in a freindly and not threatening manner and they return a flirt 9 out of 10 times. Ive lived on other continents for extended period of time and traveled quite a bit, and never noticed very much difference, although south american women did seem quite a bit warmer, if you know what i mean. But that likely has to do with my taste and preference rather than anything else. Americans in general are sexualy repressed and socialy conditioned more than those in many other cultures, but women are flirtatious here just as they are in any other country.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:32 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanman76 View Post
Thats funny. I am a working professional who has been out of college for some time. I am in good shape but never go to the gym. I have never been to a Spring Break though I do live in Florida.

Women still flirt with me.
Most women don't even notice if a guy goes to the gym, especially at college age through the 20's. Women flirt with guys because they're cute or because they've gotten to know them in class or through some activity and are attracted to their personality and share common interests. Most people in their 20's and 30's are in good shape (meaning: trim) naturally, unless they eat junk food and are sedentary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships