Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 06:25 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Where are the men like you Knight?? I need to find someone who does cuddle
Lol, you're very sweet my friend...thanks!

Alas...in response to your question about where to find guys who like cuddling, that may be a bit of a tougher question to answer Since I'm not quite sure what age bracket you're in, I guess the safest thing way might be to browse online dating site for profiles, for guys who mention that they like that sorta thing?

Sorry...I wish I had a more helpful answer, for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 06:40 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Where are the men like you Knight?? I need to find someone who does cuddle
Most of them can reached (with a SASE) at:

Blythedale Sanitarium
Activities Room
1313 Numnum Lane
Valhalla, NY 12345

Old 07-10-2011, 06:50 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,173,020 times
LOl I'm good- I've got someone at the moment; that's pretty much the only thing he's gotta work on

Old 07-10-2011, 07:25 AM

76 posts, read 110,630 times
Quote:
Most of them can reached (with a SASE) at:

Blythedale Sanitarium
Activities Room
1313 Numnum Lane
Valhalla, NY 12345
I just rolled off the couch laughing..as if my dog didn't already think that I am crazy.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:48 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigorose33 View Post
I just rolled off the couch laughing..as if my dog didn't already think that I am crazy.
I'm touched that I can offer entertainment to you.

AND your dog.

Not to digress, because surely I never do that, but as background to that joke:

In my teens growing up in NY's Westchester County there was a Blythedale Children's Hospital in Valhalla, NY, about a fifteen-minute drive from my native Yonkers. The hospital's specialty was what was then referred to as "mental retardation", a term they have since mercifully retired.

We started a family joke (which later spread to friends and friends-of-friends and complete strangers - voilà, a social meme is born) wherein we would threaten each other with commitment to said facility when we acted ... retarded.

"Ummm - Phil - Doctor Von Sol called - we have to talk about your test results ..."

This was funny from a 14-year-old's perspective, but looking back at it now makes me think about making another reply in the "midnight confessions" thread ...

Old 07-11-2011, 10:10 PM

119 posts, read 352,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigorose33 View Post
cuddling leads to poking...I have NEVA spooned with a man who didn't poke me in the small of the back with his ahh kick stand. Men are unable to JUST CUDDLE. lol you know it's so!
*ahem* many times I have gotten in trouble for doing just that.

You see, sometimes I will invite a woman over to snuggle for a little while if the mood seems right. No strings attached, just for affection, closeness, and companionship. Totally serious, no kidding, let's ease the boundaries just a little and open up. Sounds like a dream, right? Almost like one of those syrupy Twilight plotlines? Well, not necessarily. After an evening of closeness, sometimes initial delight turns to feelings of rejection. As in, I get blamed for *not* jumping the gun and making a move anyway. Ha!

Imagine that. Women are human too, go figure.

I disagree with the premise of this thread. Being a touchy-feely person is independent of gender. Some women are touchy-feely, and just as many men are not. But when two people are mismatched it is a BIG PROBLEM because one will eventually feel lonely and the other annoyed. Speaking from semi-recent experience of course.

To hell with what our emotionally stingy culture says! Snuggle on!

Old 07-11-2011, 10:24 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,210,761 times
Some guys are dim. Why not hold a woman?! OK, if it is really hot or muggy, I get that, but otherwise I love cuddling in just about any circumstance(ok, if it is with the right person...I don't want to cuddle with Lorenna Babbit or anything). Just cuddling can be very satisfying to moi.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:14 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,011,688 times
I think my favorite part of this thread was how male "ulterior motive" came to the forefront of many female posts.

You see, it's not that as Western sexuality changed and it became more acceptable for women to be openly sexual, it also became more acceptable for men to try to shrug off some of the "strong, silent machismo" and be more open about family concerns, children, attention to lovers and the seeking of affection -- you know, the softer things in life.

No, it's because at heart we're hogs and schemers.

I swear, it's like many of you gals think a man is simply incapable of love or affection that doesn't involve a profit factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships