Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Women: In terms of physical compatibility, which trait would you be more inclined to overlook?
Race: I'd sooner date a taller man of a race I don't normally prefer. 14 26.92%
Height: I'd sooner date a shorter man of a race I do prefer. 11 21.15%
Race and height are equally important to me when choosing a mate. 11 21.15%
Neither of these traits is important to me when choosing a mate. 16 30.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:12 PM

142 posts, read 345,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
To me, and of course I'm not a woman, neither makes any difference to me.

I talked to my wife about it, and she said she definitely discriminated in terms of height AND in terms of race. She refused to date short men (under 5-10) and would only have considered a man of a different race if he had been phenomenally good-looking.
To me, this is on the money. This is what I usually hear from women. I'm about 5'10 in shoes, so I narrowly make the cutoff point (and women bluntly tell me if I was any shorter, they would not date me).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 02:46 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Your presumptuousness in that regard probably says more about your dating habits than mine. But if you must know, I tend to have a soft spot for biracial (black/white) and creole women, but I am taken by the striking beauty inherent in every race, color, and nationality of woman.
You dodged my question. Why? Did I guess correctly? If I did, why can't you just admit it? Why the shame to your game? Do you feel there is something wrong with dating according to personal preferences? I certainly don't. So I asked about your race because you created this thread about interracial dating. It's a fair question. Have you tried dating white women who liked you on the phone, then rejected you in person when they discovered you are black? Are you tall, and hoping your height will trump your race?

Inquiring minds, let's get at the real point of this thread!

Old 07-11-2011, 02:57 PM

6 posts, read 7,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
To me, and of course I'm not a woman, neither makes any difference to me.

I talked to my wife about it, and she said she definitely discriminated in terms of height AND in terms of race. She refused to date short men (under 5-10) and would only have considered a man of a different race if he had been phenomenally good-looking.
This is actually quite true about most women I have seen, unless their target is dating a man of a different race, they usually only give consideration to a man of a different race only if he is phenomenally good looking, however, good looking here isn't universal, it's very subjective, while some aspects of beauty are universal for men(height, a proportionate face, sparkling eyes, good teeth and hair, not being obese/overweight) etc, the exact nature of the good looking factor varies tremendously in my experience.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:03 PM

6 posts, read 7,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
hmm, not that CD is a good representation of men (lets hope not), but many many posters who are not white, complain about not being able to attract white girls/men, so i'm not sure your theory holds true.
Most of the Americanized ones might, but it all depends on the kind of status they have in the society, in terms of their upbringing, e.g., whether they grew up in a rural village, city suburbs, high income neighborhood etc etc. For example, an Asian or an Indian(or South Asian for that matter) man that grew up in a well to do neighborhood going to school studying say law or medicine wouldn't really have any problem attracting women of any race unless he's deformed or a total jerk, the ones that come in their mid 20s or 30s are usually not too interested in the women here or are already engaged/married to people from their own place, even if some of them were attracted, they sometimes might have trouble since they might have not assimilated to the extent that the white women would be comfortable with.

Again, most of the men that are interested in White women to the most extent IMO happen to be either White men themselves or to a lesser extent, Black men.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:58 PM

3,084 posts, read 5,237,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You dodged my question. Why? Did I guess correctly? If I did, why can't you just admit it? Why the shame to your game? Do you feel there is something wrong with dating according to personal preferences? I certainly don't. So I asked about your race because you created this thread about interracial dating. It's a fair question. Have you tried dating white women who liked you on the phone, then rejected you in person when they discovered you are black? Are you tall, and hoping your height will trump your race?

Inquiring minds, let's get at the real point of this thread!
No need to badger. I have already answered your question. I am sorry the answer failed to validate your assumption regarding my intent.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
No need to badger. I have already answered your question. I am sorry the answer failed to validate your assumption regarding my intent.
Sorry that the white women you want to date have the same tastes as you: white. If it's ok for you to have that preference, it's ok for them too.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Sorry that the white women you want to date have the same tastes as you: white. If it's ok for you to have that preference, it's ok for them too.
Who said I had a preference, much less for white women? Your persistence on the matter probably bespeaks an underlying racial complex for which I am afraid I currently lack the proper credentials to thoroughly evaluate.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Who said I had a preference, much less for white women? Your persistence on the matter probably bespeaks an underlying racial complex for which I am afraid I currently lack the proper credentials to thoroughly evaluate.
Terribly written paragraph. It's awful... please stop trying so hard. As for the content of your post: you made the thread, sorry to point out the obvious to you.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:30 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,491 times
Both are important. If he is a race I don't like then I would not show interest in the first place.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Terribly written paragraph. It's awful... please stop trying so hard. As for the content of your post: you made the thread, sorry to point out the obvious to you.
I'm sorry you're having trouble following along. Simply put, the only thing obvious to me is your bitterness, which I would hazard to guess comes from some form of racial resentment when it comes to dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships