Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:04 PM

88 posts, read 291,411 times

Advertisements

I live in Virginia we have all 4 brances here. The point is I love men in uniform. What's the best way to meet enlisted/officers without making up excuses to be on bases. Besides you need a date to go to the military ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 07:10 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,491,257 times
Why do I suddenly hear Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warren?

Best way to meet a servicemember is the same as meeting any other gentleman. Hang out where they hang out. Bars, laundromats with a bar, the beach, etc. Chat them up and see what happens.

Old 07-05-2011, 04:47 PM

44,872 posts, read 59,846,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post

Best way to meet a servicemember is the same as meeting any other gentleman. Hang out where they hang out. Bars, laundromats with a bar, the beach, etc. Chat them up and see what happens.

Me too.

Is she willing to go that "extra mile" right away like Winger did in the movie?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:58 AM

140 posts, read 405,373 times
if you're being serious at all, you should read this lady's column.

Ask Ms Vicki : Archives

Old 07-11-2011, 06:43 PM

1,667 posts, read 9,353,219 times
Volunteer for the U.S.O.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:38 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,371,484 times
Quote:
What's the best way to meet enlisted/officers without making up excuses to be on bases
Join the military...

Old 07-13-2011, 02:22 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,491,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESFP View Post
Volunteer for the U.S.O.
There is also the Army Volunteer Corps: MWR Fort Bragg - Army Volunteer Corps (http://www.fortbraggmwr.com/volunteer.php - broken link)

Piece of advice: Don't become a "barracks girl".

Old 07-13-2011, 02:44 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,371,484 times
Quote:
There is also the Army Volunteer Corps: MWR Fort Bragg - Army Volunteer Corps (http://www.fortbraggmwr.com/volunteer.php - broken link)

Piece of advice: Don't become a "barracks girl".
I think the guys in my barracks called them "Corps Whores", LOL

Old 07-13-2011, 02:53 PM

1,959 posts, read 4,640,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
Join the military...
Terrible advice. Nobody wants the squadron bicycle for a wife. Most military women, I hate to say it, by virtue of being in a male dominated environment and getting pinged daily for sexual attention from every which way, end up becoming kind of "squadron bicycles", exchanging familiar co-workers' hands throughout their enlistment/commission. In my 6 years in the military I've grown quite turned off by just how close most mil chicks play their dating life to the vest we call the workplace. I mean, when you can compare notes with 6 to 9 of the honor guards at your wedding, because every single one of them has had anything from a one night stand to a full fledged relationship with the lucky lady in white, something about dipping slobbered chips on somebody else's salsa comes to my mind and generally makes me gag.

As far as the women, Who can blame them? The attention is constant and the military lifestyle is one that isn't very stable, which is why mil-to-mil unions are so popular. From the perspective of my peers on the outside, most view mil mil unions as borderline concessionary, "best you can get while in a disadvantaged dating position", et al. As somebody who has accepted the fact my military membership hurts my ability to find an equal partner in life (locations, moves, et al), I'd say I agree with them. The military isn't for everybody, but I don't particularly view my female work peers as prime pickings. To each their own.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:04 PM

44,872 posts, read 59,846,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Me too.

Is she willing to go that "extra mile" right away like Winger did in the movie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I think the guys in my barracks called them "Corps Whores", LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
Terrible advice. Nobody wants the squadron bicycle for a wife. Most military women, I hate to say it, by virtue of being in a male dominated environment and getting pinged daily for sexual attention from every which way, end up becoming kind of "squadron bicycles", exchanging familiar co-workers' hands throughout their enlistment/commission. In my 6 years in the military I've grown quite turned off by just how close most mil chicks play their dating life to the vest we call the workplace. I mean, when you can compare notes with 6 to 9 of the honor guards at your wedding, because every single one of them has had anything from a one night stand to a full fledged relationship with the lucky lady in white, something about dipping slobbered chips on somebody else's salsa comes to my mind and generally makes me gag.

As far as the women, Who can blame them? The attention is constant and the military lifestyle is one that isn't very stable, which is why mil-to-mil unions are so popular. From the perspective of my peers on the outside, most view mil mil unions as borderline concessionary, "best you can get while in a disadvantaged dating position", et al. As somebody who has accepted the fact my military membership hurts my ability to find an equal partner in life (locations, moves, et al), I'd say I agree with them. The military isn't for everybody, but I don't particularly view my female work peers as prime pickings. To each their own.
Quote:

I detect a pattern of responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships