Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-23-2012, 01:38 PM
 
9,408 posts, read 13,736,042 times
Reputation: 20395

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think it CAN be about power and control - but it doesn't have to be. And I think the key is to find the person with whom it's not about power and control. I'm not sure I said that very well... Hmm...
I agree with you on all counts.

That's why I am a proponent of equality in relationships and money is one big area the playing field needs to be leveled.

If men think paying for every date is cool, don't ***** about paying through your teeth for everything your wife wants.

If women think they don't have to pay for anything, don't whine about your husband controlling all the money.

If you both pay and you're both on the same page about money, expect your marriage to follow suit.

People set the scene for their long term relationship when they are dating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2012, 02:30 PM
 
2,028 posts, read 1,887,798 times
Reputation: 1001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I agree with you on all counts.

That's why I am a proponent of equality in relationships and money is one big area the playing field needs to be leveled.

If men think paying for every date is cool, don't ***** about paying through your teeth for everything your wife wants.

If women think they don't have to pay for anything, don't whine about your husband controlling all the money.

If you both pay and you're both on the same page about money, expect your marriage to follow suit.

People set the scene for their long term relationship when they are dating.
Bravo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM
 
Location: OC/LA, California
313 posts, read 664,452 times
Reputation: 108
Default When do girls start paying for dates?

My friends and I were discussing about this. Apparently, one of my friends never paid for any dates even she's already in a committed relationship with a guy. I on the other hand doesn't pay till I'm in a committed relationship. I think whoever does the asking out will have to pay and I don't ask a guy out till were officially bf/gf (I almost once but had to think it twice and it didn't happen). Another friend pays even if it was the guy who ask her to hang out. She pays for the whole bill or pays half.

I went out with a guy for seven months and he paid for all our dates. I currently seeing a dude and the last five dates he paid. All the other guys I've been out with, they paid for our dates. I don't mind paying but only if I'm in a committed relationship with that person I'm dating and if I'm the one asking the person out.

So I wonder, after how many dates does a girl start paying half or paying for the whole date?

I need an honest opinion from guys. Do you find it rude if girls don't pay or don't offer to pay and no matter how much you like her you would stop seeing her? Or you don't mind paying all the time so long you spend time with a girl you really like?

Last edited by YellowT; 12-23-2012 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: Edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Atlanta & NYC
6,616 posts, read 13,826,890 times
Reputation: 6664
I personally don't allow my women to pay for the first, nor the last date.

I can't decide if it's because I'm just so chivalrous or if I just date gold diggers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, NM
13,285 posts, read 15,299,154 times
Reputation: 6658
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
My friends and I were discussing about this. Apparently, one of my friends never paid for any dates even she's already in a committed relationship with a guy. I on the other hand doesn't pay till I'm in a committed relationship. I think whoever does the asking out will have to pay and I don't ask a guy out till were officially bf/gf (I almost once but had to think it twice and it didn't happen). Another friend pays even if it was the guy who ask her to hang out. She pays for the whole bill or pays half.

I went out with a guy for seven months and he paid for all our dates. I currently seeing a dude and the last five dates he paid. All the other guys I've been out with, they paid for our dates. I don't mind paying but only if I'm in a committed relationship with that person I'm dating and if I'm the one asking the person out.

So I wonder, after how many dates does a girl start paying half or paying for the whole date?
Oh man.

What a unique idea for a thread.

So, why won't you pay until you are in a committed relationship AND ask your BF out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Viña del Mar, Chile
16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Reputation: 16643
I pay for the majority and ask my gf to pay when I'm short on cash before payday lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Central California
1,782 posts, read 2,222,940 times
Reputation: 1686
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
My friends and I were discussing about this. Apparently, one of my friends never paid for any dates even she's already in a committed relationship with a guy. I on the other hand doesn't pay till I'm in a committed relationship. I think whoever does the asking out will have to pay and I don't ask a guy out till were officially bf/gf (I almost once but had to think it twice and it didn't happen). Another friend pays even if it was the guy who ask her to hang out. She pays for the whole bill or pays half.

I went out with a guy for seven months and he paid for all our dates. I currently seeing a dude and the last five dates he paid. All the other guys I've been out with, they paid for our dates. I don't mind paying but only if I'm in a committed relationship with that person I'm dating and if I'm the one asking the person out.

So I wonder, after how many dates does a girl start paying half or paying for the whole date?
Depends how much I like the girl.

One time, a girl sucked so much on the date that I told her I had to go to the bathroom and just ditched. Guess she paid for both of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 03:55 PM
 
5,347 posts, read 7,197,482 times
Reputation: 7158
When I was in exclusive relationships we always split it. Or alternated paying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 03:57 PM
 
1,601 posts, read 2,132,600 times
Reputation: 1381
It's always been 50/50 for me. Generally, for the first date it's whoever asks pays. If I go on a date and he pays, and we decide that we would like to continue seeing one another, I'll pay for the next date. Sometimes, the bill is split in half. Sometimes, my dates consist of doing free things, and neither of us have to pay. Nothing is set in stone, and nothing with me works according to some arbitrary timeline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2012, 04:02 PM
 
Location: OC/LA, California
313 posts, read 664,452 times
Reputation: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
When I was in exclusive relationships we always split it. Or alternated paying
Yes if I'm in an exclusive relationship we alternate paying.

I asked because, I've been out on dates with this dude for five times and I wonder if the next one he expects me to pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:35 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top