Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,111,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post

Listen to this guys
I find it weird when non-college grads wear graduation robes (doctorate robes of all things). Rush Limbaugh does that. But sure, you guys should definitely listen to this guy. An obese, middle-aged, bald white man who has been divorced 4 times. Really, talk about the stupid leading the stupid. I will contribute to any fund you guys have going that will prevent you from marrying/divorcing and breeding. Just let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 09:45 AM

3,494 posts, read 4,653,031 times
When they start getting hungry...

Old 12-24-2012, 10:03 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,068,603 times
I always offer to pay even on the first date. I've never ever had a guy let me contribute on the first date. I think most guys appreciate the offer even though they want to pay. I can't help it - it just strikes me as rude for me to sit there when the check comes like I just assume he's picking up the tab. I always get out my wallet and offer to split the check. And by the 3rd or 4th date I usually insist on contributing...at least paying half or getting the drinks, something. I know someone who actually said she enjoyed online dating because she got so many free meals and drinks out of it. That didn't sit well with me and I don't want guys to think I'm using them for their wallets. Funnily enough that chick is now in a LTR and I'm still single, so maybe I'm doing things wrong.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:59 AM

389 posts, read 467,166 times
I didn't know women paying for dates was so common, a few of my guy friends think it's bad. It's like if I told them a woman paid for my date, it's wrong or I'm less of a man idk, so I just don't talk about anymore.

Of course it's more often for me to split or pay tho.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:09 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,947,113 times
Having big boobs does not entitle me to a free meal.

I pay my own way and if someone insists they pay, I will cover the tip.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:18 AM

313 posts, read 661,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I always offer to pay even on the first date. I've never ever had a guy let me contribute on the first date. I think most guys appreciate the offer even though they want to pay. I can't help it - it just strikes me as rude for me to sit there when the check comes like I just assume he's picking up the tab. I always get out my wallet and offer to split the check. And by the 3rd or 4th date I usually insist on contributing...at least paying half or getting the drinks, something. I know someone who actually said she enjoyed online dating because she got so many free meals and drinks out of it. That didn't sit well with me and I don't want guys to think I'm using them for their wallets. Funnily enough that chick is now in a LTR and I'm still single, so maybe I'm doing things wrong.
So maybe girls not paying for dates works. I've gone out with this guy for five times and not one time I paid. Last night, he asked me if I would continue to see him. He said he really likes my company and would like to keep seeing me. I said ok but don't complain if u pay for our dates. He says "no I don't mind at all". Then a guy I went out on dates for seven months who paid for all our dates and they were expensive dates. We stopped seeing him because we were just not compatible but we still talk and he still asks me out. Then a guy who I dated for a year on and off who paid for all our dates and asked me to be his gf . He just sent me a text yesterday asking me to hang out. All these dates, the guys did ask me out. Not one date I've asked a guy out. All my ex bfs paid for our dates before we were in a committed relationships.

I was talking to my coworkers last night. One girl who is happily married and is really spoiled by her husband said that she never paid for dates while she was dating her husband.. Another girl whose dating a guy who is so into her also has not been paying for dates. The guy shes dating even goes to our work to bring her lunch and sometimes brings food to us, her friends. A guy coworker said if hes really into a girl, he would never let the girl pay not even once.So maybe I'm sticking to not paying for dates until Im in a committed relationship and whoever asks should pay.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:34 AM

4,688 posts, read 7,981,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I find it weird when non-college grads wear graduation robes (doctorate robes of all things). Rush Limbaugh does that. But sure, you guys should definitely listen to this guy. An obese, middle-aged, bald white man who has been divorced 4 times. Really, talk about the stupid leading the stupid. I will contribute to any fund you guys have going that will prevent you from marrying/divorcing and breeding. Just let me know.
U

Old 12-24-2012, 11:47 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,068,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
So maybe girls not paying for dates works. I've gone out with this guy for five times and not one time I paid. Last night, he asked me if I would continue to see him. He said he really likes my company and would like to keep seeing me. I said ok but don't complain if u pay for our dates. He says "no I don't mind at all". Then a guy I went out on dates for seven months who paid for all our dates and they were expensive dates. We stopped seeing him because we were just not compatible but we still talk and he still asks me out. Then a guy who I dated for a year on and off who paid for all our dates and asked me to be his gf . He just sent me a text yesterday asking me to hang out. All these dates, the guys did ask me out. Not one date I've asked a guy out. All my ex bfs paid for our dates before we were in a committed relationships.

I was talking to my coworkers last night. One girl who is happily married and is really spoiled by her husband said that she never paid for dates while she was dating her husband.. Another girl whose dating a guy who is so into her also has not been paying for dates. The guy shes dating even goes to our work to bring her lunch and sometimes brings food to us, her friends. A guy coworker said if hes really into a girl, he would never let the girl pay not even once.So maybe I'm sticking to not paying for dates until Im in a committed relationship and whoever asks should pay.
Maybe you're right. I honestly don't know at this point. I have a job and I feel rude not contributing. I always try to be pretty equal in dating and offer to pay half, ask the guys on dates, make myself available, and be open and honest because so many men swear they appreciate a woman with those qualities who doesn't play games or make them guess how she feels about them. And it's not working. It really seems like being aloof, unavailable, letting them pay and do all the initiating is what really works because as long as you're always one step out of reach they want to work to pursue you, to have what seems unattainable. Maybe next date I will just sit there and let him pay without offering.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:58 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,111,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeorgia View Post
U
Do you really find it reasonable to take relationship advice from a man who has been divorced 4 times? Follow his rhetoric if that's the path you want to take, but I imagine nobody wants to end up that screwed up.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:05 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,084,888 times
Back when I was dating I expected to pay for the date anytime it was my idea. I always felt if a woman was willing to spend her time with me, the least I could do was treat her to a date. Some men can't get past what they consider a double standard, so they want a woman to "pay her fair share", but many of them go through life with that same attitude in everything they do. Once a cheapskate, always a cheapskate, most of the time you know if that title fits yourself or not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships