Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2012, 01:42 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,591,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I tried that once with my ex bf on his invitation but when it progressed towards relationship status, it got ridiculous to the point of not even wishing me a happy b-day or getting nothing for Christmas while I had prepared him a present. It's like ever since I did the so-called 50/50 on his invitation, he got used to splitting the bill all the time, on every single date. It got annoying and that's part of reason I broke up in the end.

To make matters worst, for my birthday, he decided to split the bill with the $50 he gave me for my day. So was like ''Let's split the bill, give me the $50 I gave you and I''ll pay this time''. On my damn b-day..

No more again will I offer on a guy's first invitation.

You were dealing with a jerk. Nothing good comes from relationships with these type of guys. Choose better next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2012, 01:43 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,219,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
I tried that once with my ex bf on his invitation but when it progressed towards relationship status, it got ridiculous to the point of not even wishing me a happy b-day or getting nothing for Christmas while I had prepared him a present. It's like ever since I did the so-called 50/50 on his invitation, he got used to splitting the bill all the time, on every single date. It got annoying and that's part of reason I broke up in the end.

To make matters worst, for my birthday, he decided to split the bill with the $50 he gave me for my day. So was like ''Let's split the bill, give me the $50 I gave you and I''ll pay this time''. On my damn b-day..

No more again will I offer on a guy's first invitation.
Once I went out with a 'traditional' woman who expected the man to pay.

She was also not a good match for me in totally unrelated ways

Old 12-25-2012, 01:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,756,001 times
If a woman gets to repay back with sex and affection and cooking then all the dates should be in my apartment

Old 12-25-2012, 01:46 PM

12,998 posts, read 13,567,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Wow. No other response.
Oh lord, that is hilarious. I was not trying to be racist AT ALL, USA. I was born in a very diverse area, work in a very diverse career field and live in a very diverse neighborhood. It's no secret that there are some cultural differences between blacks and whites. These get discussed ad naseum almost daily by the blacks and whites I work with during the course of a typical day. You seem genuinely shocked by where I'm coming from... from that, my guess is that we're either different ages or different ethnicities because where I'm coming from isn't all that weird unusual. In fact, I was first shocked when I heard people expressing views like yours .. but from hours of conversation, I've learned .. just a different way of doing things and looking at things.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:47 PM

868 posts, read 1,118,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Yes that is interesting, as views usually split rather hard down racial lines when this comes up in a group of men.
Dude, knock it off.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:48 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,157,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Once I went out with a 'traditional' woman who expected the man to pay.

She was also not a good match for me in totally unrelated ways
Then that's your answer. Find a woman that's on your same page, one that would be ok doing 50/50 on every single date regardless of who does the asking out.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:52 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,157,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
You were dealing with a jerk. Nothing good comes from relationships with these type of guys. Choose better next time.
Yeah I know better now. I was just a beginner then and it was my first relationship at the same time too.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:52 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,635,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Yes, I find it rude. I've been seeing a woman for a few weeks now. We've gone out (also stayed in) maybe 10 times. She paid once.

But she's damn good in bed, so what am I gonna do?
If you are smart you will recognize a good thing and continue to pay until she offers.You don't want to blow this.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:54 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,635,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I understand it's from an era when women had less power and property than men, but I still like it. To me it's just being a good gentleman with good manners to not discuss money on a date.
Yes Yes Yes -smart man.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:55 PM

12,998 posts, read 13,567,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Dude, knock it off.
Knock what off? The sad thing is I'm probably the only guy on this thread (black or white) who regularly interacts with both blacks and whites, at work, at home, in the neighborhood, at the park, etc. Yeah, newsflash folks: blacks and whites often have different views about these kinds of things. Race didn't even occur to me on this thread until USA said something to the effect of "dude, what's wrong with you?? how can you even think like that???" ... then I started mentally rehearsing, oh yeah, I get that in conversations from black guys (and guys significantly younger than me) about dating .. in fact, in mixed racial company, there are usually rather strong differences of opinion.. again, along racial lines. I find it f'ing hilarious that that is taboo to say. Sorry folks, you're not going to shame me by implying racism. I come from way too diverse of a background for that nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships