Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2012, 04:28 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,705,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
It doesn't have to be this way, many men allow this to happen. I've been lucky enough to meet women who enjoy playing host, enjoy extending the invite, and enjoy treating, just as I enjoy doing those things. Some will even fight for the check. I love the reciprocity!

If I encounter a woman who never plays host I take her as not being seriously into me. Or, if she extends an invite and expects me to pay, I don't take her seriously from that point forward and will more than likely move on.
Yep. Men have themselves to blame, especially the 'thirsty' men. I went out with a woman two weeks ago and I paid for the 1st round of drinks and when we ordered another round she pulled out her card to pay. She wouldn't even let me grab my wallet. She was really happy to pay and insisted upon it. This is the modern day woman if she is respectful and considerate and isn't stuck on gender roles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 05:58 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,628,583 times
Here is how I do it, speaking roughly of course:

Date 1: I pay 0
Date 2: I pay 0
Date 3: I buy a round of drinks
Date 4: I sincerely offer to split the check
Date 5+: 50/50

No man who truly thinks I am hot would have it any other way. Of course, the number of men who find me hot has dwindled greatly over time but such is life. Its always better to date a man who finds you hot, even if you don't think he is hot.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,151,883 times
I paid for date number 1. Been with my love almost 2 years now and we talk about the future.

I'm pretty hot, by the way.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:37 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,705,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post

No man who truly thinks I am hot would have it any other way. Of course, the number of men who find me hot has dwindled greatly over time but such is life. Its always better to date a man who finds you hot, even if you don't think he is hot.
Oh man. Do you know how many hot women a man comes in contact with? The woman I went out with is hot. But I'd be damned if I don't see several hot woman per day at my gym. And I'd be damned if I'm not talking to them and picking up. And I don't go to them, they come to me. So for most guys hot is a dime a dozen. I guess what I'm saying is that being hot shouldn't be a reason why a man pays for a woman. It certainly isn't the reason why I pay. Every time you walk out the door there is a hot woman.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:23 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,151,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Oh man. Do you know how many hot women a man comes in contact with? The woman I went out with is hot. But I'd be damned if I don't see several hot woman per day at my gym. And I'd be damned if I'm not talking to them and picking up. And I don't go to them, they come to me. So for most guys hot is a dime a dozen. I guess what I'm saying is that being hot shouldn't be a reason why a man pays for a woman. It certainly isn't the reason why I pay. Every time you walk out the door there is a hot woman.
Exactly. Beautiful/hot mean different things to different people as well. For the most part, any girl will be found as "hot" by some guy.

I think it's a sign of insecurity that a woman needs a man to pay to feel "hot" or wanted. You know how my boyfriend makes me feel hot and wanted? He's there for me during hard times, helps out my dad with errands, kisses me randomly, tells me I'm beautiful, and talks about how he can't wait to see me again. There were several ways he made me feel hot and wanted, even when we split it 50/50.

He finds it extremely sexy that I don't "need" him, and very sexy that I want to take care of HIM in every way. A mutual relationship on every level is fulfilling for me.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:25 PM

526 posts, read 894,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
If I encounter a woman who never plays host I take her as not being seriously into me. Or, if she extends an invite and expects me to pay, I don't take her seriously from that point forward and will more than likely move on.
my dating years were A LONG time ago, but it was only the guys I never cared about seeing again that I wouldn't at least offer to contribute.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 PM

152 posts, read 249,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
The woman I went out with is hot. But I'd be damned if I don't see several hot woman per day at my gym. And I'd be damned if I'm not talking to them and picking up. And I don't go to them, they come to me.
this dude is my idol

Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,757,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
Exactly. Beautiful/hot mean different things to different people as well. For the most part, any girl will be found as "hot" by some guy.

I think it's a sign of insecurity that a woman needs a man to pay to feel "hot" or wanted. You know how my boyfriend makes me feel hot and wanted? He's there for me during hard times, helps out my dad with errands, kisses me randomly, tells me I'm beautiful, and talks about how he can't wait to see me again. There were several ways he made me feel hot and wanted, even when we split it 50/50.

He finds it extremely sexy that I don't "need" him, and very sexy that I want to take care of HIM in every way. A mutual relationship on every level is fulfilling for me.
Uh, except that's not what she said at all. She didn't say she needed a man to feel hot, just that any man who is truly attracted to her won't whine about having to pay for the date he requested.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,637,340 times
He must really despise "house chores."

Old 12-28-2012, 11:26 PM

3,494 posts, read 4,653,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post

I hope you troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships