Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 01:30 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,091,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
Having big boobs does not entitle me to a free meal.

I pay my own way and if someone insists they pay, I will cover the tip.
I need to see pictures to verify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 02:11 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,880,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
This is part of the reason why men have become the weak fragile shells of what we used to be. If you (the male) asked her (the female) out the male pays for EVERYTHING!!!! If the female asks the male out the male pays for EVERYTHING!!! Yeah I know its a double standard, but life is not fair either. Men there are dozens of other ways to figure out of she is a gold digger or not. The easiest is to see if she even offers to pay for (something). The first thing is to establish how far the relationship is going to go (if you're looking for a one night stand make that clear from the start and only spend a set amount. If the relationship is more serious you are probably not going to be physical for some time and you can build up to the physical, so in that case you would spend accordingly). When do women pay? When you get married and your wife wants to take you out to dinner on your birthday. Other than that men pay for everything.
Can you explain why this is ok? Are you also in favor of double standards that benefit men? If so, please give a few examples.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:58 PM

664 posts, read 771,175 times
I never did understand when some people say that men need to pay to show their appreciation for the woman. What does she do to show her appreciation? Just show up? Talk about a view that hates men.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,136,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
I never did understand when some people say that men need to pay to show their appreciation for the woman. What does she do to show her appreciation? Just show up? Talk about a view that hates men.
She shows her appreciation in other ways after dinner.....

Spoiler

Old 01-04-2013, 06:19 PM

So, she's a prostitute then? Men pay and get sex in return? Is that what this is all about? I could just skip all the hassle and go to a pro instead.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,150,531 times
I find it laughable and really demeaning that a man could think he is possibly buying my respect by throwing a few bucks so I can eat a nice meal.

Courting a girl to a nice meal is easy crap. Shoe me your true colors (that money can't buy) and THEN you'll have my respect.

The backwards men will be the ones alone in the end.

Edit: Because if you're really buying a girls respect through dates, guess what? If another man comes up with more money than you (very likely unless you are the wealthiest, which 99% of you are NOT), she's leaving you for the greener grass. Find a real woman who lets you treat her, truly appreciates it, but treats you too.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:47 PM

77 posts, read 187,286 times
I don't mind paying for everything because I make a lot more money than 99% of women near my age but the girl in mention that the OP talked about is just ridiculous. If I heard her say something like that, I would dump her right away

Jesus christ, that is just ridiculous

Old 01-04-2013, 08:56 PM

227 posts, read 418,941 times
If a man doesn't pay for the date, I will probably not go out with him again...I like men who want to provide for a woman regardless of their current finances.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:30 PM

I like women who provide for themselves. Just because I have a dick doesn't make me an atm.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:49 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,136,392 times
I hear this argument when it comes to chivalry and paying for dates, that men and women say they were raised on these principles. They were taught these things because it was 'right' and what they practiced.

So to all these women that applaud men on their traditional values they were raised on (paying for dates, opening car doors, etc) and accept these traditional behaviors, I hope they go all the way with this.

When you enter said relationship, you really aren't his equal. You are to yield to him and you must submit to him in all ways, because that's how it used to be, how a lot of marriages were.

You know, traditionally speaking, of course. That's how it used to be.

Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships