Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-05-2013, 05:29 PM
 
491 posts, read 567,214 times
Reputation: 180

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't have sex on the first date. If he's willing to get naked with a woman he hardly knows, I can't help but wonder how many other women he's done the same thing with.

Sorry, I'm not looking for a man-ho.
How do you know how many women he has slept with? You don't. He can lie just like women do. Then again who cares how many women he slept with if he wears a condom? The only safe sex is abstinence. Anything else has a chance to fail. If you want a virgin man then they are not hard to find to be honest. Other than that accept that humans are sexual beings regardless of gender and will have sex if they want and don't have to disclose their sexual history with anyone. One night stands happen. Pregnancy happens. Life happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2013, 05:34 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,732 posts, read 5,134,151 times
Reputation: 8539
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
How do you know how many women he has slept with? You don't. He can lie just like women do. Then again who cares how many women he slept with if he wears a condom? The only safe sex is abstinence. Anything else has a chance to fail. If you want a virgin man then they are not hard to find to be honest. Other than that accept that humans are sexual beings regardless of gender and will have sex if they want and don't have to disclose their sexual history with anyone. One night stands happen. Pregnancy happens. Life happens.
Uh oh.

**in before HPV risks and herpes response**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2013, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Glasgow, uk
2,386 posts, read 3,257,812 times
Reputation: 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Uh oh.

**in before HPV risks and herpes response**
Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2013, 05:39 PM
 
491 posts, read 567,214 times
Reputation: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Uh oh.

**in before HPV risks and herpes response**
Stds almost always happen with sex unless you are a drug addict. In other words if you don't have sex or use drugs you 99 percent of the time wont catch studs ( exceptions being the lunatics who stab people with std laden needles, etc ). Either way, paying for dates depends on the person. I don't pay because I respect women as equals and if i pay that means i think she cant pay or somehow her time is worth more than mine and she deserves her meal paid for because she's a woman...which is sexist and degrading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,112 posts, read 30,513,044 times
Reputation: 16394
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
How do you know how many women he has slept with? You don't. He can lie just like women do. Then again who cares how many women he slept with if he wears a condom? The only safe sex is abstinence. Anything else has a chance to fail. If you want a virgin man then they are not hard to find to be honest. Other than that accept that humans are sexual beings regardless of gender and will have sex if they want and don't have to disclose their sexual history with anyone. One night stands happen. Pregnancy happens. Life happens.
I don't want a virgin...I'm definitely not one. But is it so bad to want to get to know a person before letting him put a piece of his body inside mine?

Why is that so difficult for so many men to comprehend? I've had the same attitude you had, and I got used one too many times by idiot men who convinced me that sex was 'no big deal'. Well, for me it is. Being a single Mom or getting a few STDs isn't exactly in my life plan. Not even the best sex is worth that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Albany, NY
225 posts, read 342,031 times
Reputation: 265
Anyone who sleeps around with or without a condom is basically committing attempted murder. Some STD's don't show up under normal tests - you have to be tested separately (i.e. Herpes). Even is someone has herpes, they might not know. So, you really "never" know until bam! you get hit or (he or whomever) gets hit and decides to tell you.

Those with STD's run a greater risk of contracting cancer.

I've been amazed that there are women who will actively pursue and connect with ex-felons (or prison inmates) and drug users. They are basically asking to be killed. BTW, I am an HIV/AIDS advocate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:48 PM
 
491 posts, read 567,214 times
Reputation: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I don't want a virgin...I'm definitely not one. But is it so bad to want to get to know a person before letting him put a piece of his body inside mine?

Why is that so difficult for so many men to comprehend? I've had the same attitude you had, and I got used one too many times by idiot men who convinced me that sex was 'no big deal'. Well, for me it is. Being a single Mom or getting a few STDs isn't exactly in my life plan. Not even the best sex is worth that.
The bad part is i actually agree with you. People say men and women are the same but we aren't and i prove that all the time. Men can have kids safely till they die. Women cant without help from science. There are somethings that women have to deal with that men don't. It aint equal but if they want to play the 'equal game' then im all for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2013, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Chicago IL
1,360 posts, read 1,686,096 times
Reputation: 1295
I'm late to this thread but having read through it but can't people just do what works for them. If the OP felt he was getting taking advantage of he had every right to feel that way and I hope he finds something better. Even down to the conversation about the importance of sex shouldn't that be up to the individual male or female and not just generalize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2013, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,112 posts, read 30,513,044 times
Reputation: 16394
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
The bad part is i actually agree with you. People say men and women are the same but we aren't and i prove that all the time. Men can have kids safely till they die. Women cant without help from science. There are somethings that women have to deal with that men don't. It aint equal but if they want to play the 'equal game' then im all for it.
They CAN create children...but should they?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/06/he...sper.html?_r=0

Besides, I don't want children so that's kind of a non-issue for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 2,948,169 times
Reputation: 1118
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If you're only spending money on someone to get something in return...you're kind of a jerk.

I don't buy my friends birthday gifts and demand gifts in return. I do it because I love them and like to see them happy.
Men shouldn't be ATM's for women we just met.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top