Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:15 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
102,039 posts, read 106,754,228 times
Reputation: 115762

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
Men shouldn't be ATM's for women we just met.
No one can make you open your wallet and spend money against your will. If you do that, you have no one to blame but yourself.

This thread topic is kind of funny; it's like--the Clinton Welfare Reform Act: how soon do we wean her off welfare and make her pay her own way?
lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,112 posts, read 30,519,498 times
Reputation: 16394
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
Men shouldn't be ATM's for women we just met.
They aren't.

And I don't know a single woman who views them that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:24 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
102,039 posts, read 106,754,228 times
Reputation: 115762
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
They aren't.

And I don't know a single woman who views them that way.
These are guys blaming women for their own stupidity. They can't control themselves in the presence of a pretty face and T&A, or something. I don't see this as an issue worth volumes of verbiage. Dinner, or even lunch, for that matter, should be a treat, not a commonplace thing. Two people meeting for a first date to size each other up, especially of it's the result of online encounters, should each pay their own way, that seems obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,112 posts, read 30,519,498 times
Reputation: 16394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
These are guys blaming women for their own stupidity. They can't control themselves in the presence of a pretty face and T&A, or something. I don't see this as an issue worth volumes of verbiage.
That's an excellent point...I can all but guarantee these guys would NOT be complaining about paying if a hot chick that might put out was sitting across from them in the restaurant. They just don't want to spend their money on 'mediocre' women who may not get naked for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:27 PM
 
410 posts, read 512,903 times
Reputation: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
Just ended a "relationship" with a girl who ended it by texting me saying she needs a guy who pays for things the majority of the time. Keep in mind I paid for the first 4 dates, a weekend trip to the beach for two and this past weekend she paid for waffle house and then we split a meal at panera bread. a few hours later after panera she texts me saying she needs a guy who pays for the majority of the dates. i didn't realize that her paying for waffle house was too much for her haha. i'm a teacher and make a king's ransom obviously ;-). i also drove us everywhere and would buy her random things like cigarettes, wine, even cooked meals at her place i bought everything from the grocery store.

so ladies how long into a dating do you start paying?
Right away. I believe in supporting myself. It is a sign of maturity for women. You know independance. I've paid for half or even the whole date sometimes. It is my way of showing a guy that I'm am interested in him and not his money. I make my own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:28 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
102,039 posts, read 106,754,228 times
Reputation: 115762
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
That's an excellent point...I can all but guarantee these guys would NOT be complaining about paying if a hot chick that might put out was sitting across from them in the restaurant. They just don't want to spend their money on 'mediocre' women who may not get naked for them.
They probably also don't want to pay for the "hot" chick if she doesn't put out. And why would they go out with a "mediocre" woman, anyway? Guys with the dinner=payment-for-sex attitude rarely do that, don't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,112 posts, read 30,519,498 times
Reputation: 16394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
They probably also don't want to pay for the "hot" chick if she doesn't put out. And why would they go out with a "mediocre" woman, anyway? Guys with the dinner=payment-for-sex attitude rarely do that, don't they?
I have no idea... I've always paid my way because I've had friends who have been pressured into sex because the guy 'paid for her meal'. It's their own fault they gave in, but guilt can be powerful. I've also had my guy friends brag about the 'skanks' that put out on the first date after buying them dinner/taking them out, or the women who didn't put out who 'just wanted him for the free dinner'.

I just don't want to be that girl, if that makes sense. Of course, now I get guys that don't think I'm interested because I offer to pay my own way.

Really, it's lose-lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:38 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
102,039 posts, read 106,754,228 times
Reputation: 115762
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I have no idea... I've always paid my way because I've had friends who have been pressured into sex because the guy 'paid for her meal'. It's their own fault they gave in, but guilt can be powerful. I've also had my guy friends brag about the 'skanks' that put out on the first date after buying them dinner/taking them out, or the women who didn't put out who 'just wanted him for the free dinner'.
"GUILT"??! These guys lay a guilt trip on their date? How classy is that? This would only work with really young, inexperienced women. Or women from an abusive home. Jeez, it's a mine field out there. It sounds like the dinner-date first date is just an m.o. for some guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,112 posts, read 30,519,498 times
Reputation: 16394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"GUILT"??! These guys lay a guilt trip on their date? How classy is that? This would only work with really young, inexperienced women. Or women from an abusive home. Jeez, it's a mine field out there. It sounds like the dinner-date first date is just an m.o. for some guys.
Yep. Guys can really lay it on thick and guilt a woman into having sex if he makes her feel bad enough about paying for dinner. My guy friends have bragged about it many times in the past. It's one of the reasons I'm thankful for my horndog male friends, because I've been able to learn all the 'tricks' that guys use on women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
 
Location: H-Tine, Texas
6,732 posts, read 5,136,392 times
Reputation: 8539
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yep. Guys can really lay it on thick and guilt a woman into having sex if he makes her feel bad enough about paying for dinner. My guy friends have bragged about it many times in the past. It's one of the reasons I'm thankful for my horndog male friends, because I've been able to learn all the 'tricks' that guys use on women
Yikes. That's horrible.


Not surprising, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top