Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:06 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,027,450 times

Advertisements

you never know which one you're gonna get?

So I've been friends w/ this girl since I was a junior in college...now I'm a senior & we're both graduating (me in May, her in August)...thing is, we were friends for a while but I started actively dating in October & it felt like once I started dating, she started acting funny around me...she became really boycrazy & started making comments like "At least you get dates", "All the guys are talking to you, etc." I didn't go to her 21st birthday in November because I was seeing this guy @ the time...so I think she holds that against me...

Basically, ever since then it feels like there is this underlying competition between us...last night I went to go visit her @ her apartment & we went to Starbucks/Barnes & Nobles & the entire time she picked up a magazine & didn't look @ me the entire time...it really bothered me, not to mention she kept reading girlie mags like Essence, Cosmo, etc. She didn't ask me anything about my life, how my classes were going (in summer school), or the internship I had in June...

In conclusion, I really don't see our friendship going anywhere anymore...I'm sad to say but I've really tried to give her a chance to see if she had possibly changed but she hasn't & I think the only reason why she calls is because she's lonely & there's absolutely no one else she could talk to...am I right to just kind of let it fade...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 12:09 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
...am I right to just kind of let it fade...
I believe so. What's the point of keeping it if it doesn't enrich your life with anything?!

Old 07-12-2009, 12:10 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,009,891 times
Why didn't you go to her birthday? If I were her, I'd be quite hurt about that...

47 posts, read 234,366 times
sounds like she is just jealous and being a hater cuz u have things happening in ur life etc. i have no idea y women get like this.......if she was a REAL friend she would be happy for you. last hope is maybe for u to set her up with someone u know and double, that is if u really care to keep this friendship

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I believe so. What's the point of keeping it if it doesn't enrich your life with anything?!

Yeah...I just feel bad because I've always been there for her & she was never there for me, like last yr she had alcohol poisoning & none of our friends wanted to take her to the hospital, I took her & she just seemed really ungrateful...

Old 07-12-2009, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Why didn't you go to her birthday? If I were her, I'd be quite hurt about that...
I didn't go to her birthday party because I'm not 21 yet (you have to be 21+ to get into the bar) & because it was @ the last minute & I had already made plans w/ the guy I was dating...

Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,143,589 times
Quote:
Yeah...I just feel bad because I've always been there for her & she was never there for me, like last yr she had alcohol poisoning & none of our friends wanted to take her to the hospital, I took her & she just seemed really ungrateful...
I'm not a fan of such behavior, either.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:14 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,009,891 times
Quote:
I didn't go to her birthday party because I'm not 21 yet (you have to be 21+ to get into the bar) & because it was @ the last minute & I had already made plans w/ the guy I was dating...
*shrug* Sounds like you have different priorities. If you wished to spend time with the guy rather than with your friend, you've shown her where your head is at. No biggie, it happens. Time to move on.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:38 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,649,421 times
I believe that friendships like relationships - it's about two people enhancing one another. Like Sierra said - if it's not enriching your life anymore. Hope it works out, if not - you still have the most important person - you!

Old 07-12-2009, 01:46 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,325,713 times
sometimes people find out they're not compatible after a while, maybe what's important to one person doesn't mean a thing to someone else; friendships are relationships so it's best to move on if things don't work out, try to let it go and don't place blame, it helps no one..
well said sierraAZ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships