Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 AM

30,564 posts, read 21,714,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
My husband is 12 years younger than me. We've been married 23 years. He was just a little cougar cub when I got him.
Not an Anomoly. My step dad is only 10 years older than me. My mom and him biotch and complain as much as any old couple that are the same age. No one I know has what I would consider an ideal marriage regardless of age difference. When they use the term "You have to wotk at marriage" I respond "I work too much as it is!".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 11:44 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,572,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anval6169 View Post
If you have any comments about this post I am open to suggestions.
Is it true that ALL older men are suspicious of their much younger woman?
I know a lot of older men + younger women married couples. Most of them do not have these problems.

You should only worry if her interest in you seem to be fading or you find signs that she's cheating.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:16 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,757,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Not an Anomoly. My step dad is only 10 years older than me. My mom and him biotch and complain as much as any old couple that are the same age. No one I know has what I would consider an ideal marriage regardless of age difference. When they use the term "You have to wotk at marriage" I respond "I work too much as it is!".
It's a big world. Just because you don't know anyone who has an "ideal" marriage doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or at least comes close to be ideal. If you lived my life, you would say you had as close to ideal as one could possibly get. And for your information, young couples biotch and complain probably more than any old couple.

In the beginning we had to work at learning about each other as there were cultural differences involved. We weren't madly in love when we married. We didn't know each other very long. We were very much in like and we went through a process where we learned to love each other for all the right reasons.

Why did we marry without having that period of "we're so deeply in love" is because we had major respect for each other and saw may things in each other that were compatable to what we hoped to find in a person. Was it a risk? Sure it was. Was it worth it? Most definitely. Would I do it over again? In a heatbeat.

In the first few years, which I refer to as the adjustment years, we had our "fights", but I can honestly tell you that we haven't for the longest time had a "fight". We have discussions, but no fights. Hand on heart, I can tell you that one thing that we never fought over or made an issue of was money.

I feel that I am truly blessed to have this man in my life.

Last edited by softblueyz; 11-29-2011 at 02:41 PM..

Old 11-29-2011, 03:19 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,747,293 times
Quote:
Hi I am a male who is 50 years old and I am with a woman who is 29 years old. We have been together for (2 and 1/2) years. She is an accomplished woman. She had her own when I met her. She owns her home, she is educated (masters degree), has a son from a previous marriage (4 and 1/2) years old, and has a career.

I trust her and love her and I know that she loves me. I question her at different times about guys flirting with her on her job. I ask her if she will let me know who flirts with her or is hitting on her. What ticks me off is that I know she is beautiful and she dresses to impress and when I ask her if anyone gave her a compliment or flirt with her today she takes it as I don't trust her. I take it as being on the same page. Do you think this is fair? Sometimes she becomes very defensive and avoids direct answers and tells me that I don't trust her. This sort / matter is not her topic of conversation. I feel we should be able to generally discuss and talk about anything.

Only if the younger woman gives him reason to be suspicious. In these days of little or no integrity in relationships , its not uncommon for people to do as they wish regardless of being in a 'comitted' relationship.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:02 PM

438 posts, read 1,346,933 times
...do I detect a sign of insecurity? Seems like there are trust issues, - not healthy at all. Has she given any signs of looking around?
Hang in there man and ease off on the cross-examinations. Build on what you have got and communicate.
I have a SO eighteen years my junior. She is a great kid but there have never been trust issues...and its been over three years we have been together, - but have been a family friend of her parents for over 22 years. All is good and we look forward to every single moment of sharing our lives.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:09 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,747,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCC View Post
...do I detect a sign of insecurity? Seems like there are trust issues, - not healthy at all. Has she given any signs of looking around?
Hang in there man and ease off on the cross-examinations. Build on what you have got and communicate.
I have a SO eighteen years my junior. She is a great kid but there have never been trust issues...and its been over three years we have been together, - but have been a family friend of her parents for over 22 years. All is good and we look forward to every single moment of sharing our lives.

It would help all , if you would give a salutation in your replies so we know who you are addressing.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:46 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,802,665 times
Quote:
Hi I am a male who is 50 years old and I am with a woman who is 29 years old. We have been together for (2 and 1/2) years. She is an accomplished woman. She had her own when I met her. She owns her home, she is educated (masters degree), has a son from a previous marriage (4 and 1/2) years old, and has a career.

I trust her and love her and I know that she loves me. I question her at different times about guys flirting with her on her job. I ask her if she will let me know who flirts with her or is hitting on her. What ticks me off is that I know she is beautiful and she dresses to impress and when I ask her if anyone gave her a compliment or flirt with her today she takes it as I don't trust her. I take it as being on the same page. Do you think this is fair? Sometimes she becomes very defensive and avoids direct answers and tells me that I don't trust her. This sort / matter is not her topic of conversation. I feel we should be able to generally discuss and talk about anything.

If you are wondering who is flirting with her at 29 and you are 50, what are you going to do when you are 60 and she is 39? How many heart attacks will you have from worrying about who looks at her during her workday? Just something for your thoughts.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:32 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,360,663 times
I would dump you in a heartbeat. You sound massively insecure and controlling.

If you're threatened that men may be hitting on your GF, I have a suggestion for you: date someone your own age. Problem solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships