Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you feel if you were Person B
I would feel a little creeped out 1 12.50%
I would find it sweet 3 37.50%
I would feel embarrassed for Person A 0 0%
I would find it odd but still be slightly flattered 4 50.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 03:28 PM

86 posts, read 73,902 times

Advertisements

How would you feel if a fellow employee (or someone similar) handed you their phone number unexpectedly?

I'll try to be more specific.

Say Person A and Person B work in the same building together. Person A and B both hardly see each other but Person A and B would still would recognize each other when they do see each other. Person B tried to make friendly banter when Person A would pass. At first Person A did not pick up on it. Suddenly, Person A realizes how attractive this person is and Person A starts to respond a little bit. Person A still has never had a full on conversation with Person B, and would feel a little awkward trying to based on the little time both have spent with each other. This sudden flirtation fizzles out. Now, when Person A passes them Person B and A may or may not smile or even acknowledge each other. Still, Person A finds them somewhat intriguing. Well, Person A decides that they have nothing to lose. Person A is leaving the job and wants to see if this person is interested. Person A ends up passing them the last day they are working. Person A. hands Person B a piece of paper with their number on it as well as a hint for Person B to contact Person A in the future.

How would you feel if you were the Person B?

Person A does find this person intriguing. Although Person A also get the ladies man vibe from Person B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 03:32 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,045,482 times
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

What have you got to lose? If he's not interested, he won't call. But you won't be there anymore, so how awkward would it be? Not very. :-)

Old 10-17-2017, 03:37 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,004,647 times
Do it.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:38 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,022,848 times
Mod cut.

Also, just do it. If you're leaving anyway ...

You're already NOT going out with him.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-25-2017 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: Rude.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:40 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,248,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

What have you got to lose? If he's not interested, he won't call. But you won't be there anymore, so how awkward would it be? Not very. :-)
Or is it vice-versa? lol

Whoever got the phone number should call. If there's an interest, go for it

As for the vibes, I know several guys who come off like that but they're actually nothing like that. You won't know unless you get to know him.

Be like Nike and Just Do It.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:48 PM

61,870 posts, read 87,339,575 times
I think OP is over-complicating, over-thinking and over-analyzing simple things.
Just do it if you feel like, or don't if you're not. Simple as that.

I also think, the person who left was attracted to the person staying, but didn't want to start anything at workplace. Otherwise, why give phone number?

Old 10-17-2017, 04:10 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,020,723 times
It's never happened in my life, so I don't know... but if it was an co worker I would be weirded out since it is so inappropriate.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:12 PM

86 posts, read 73,902 times
Wait...? How did you figure out the actual names?!

I included the extra pieces of information for those who would like to know more.

Then again I guess that is why there is such a thing as questions.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:14 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,406,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Can we please just use fake names instead of "Person A & B"? It's late in the day, and I don't want to work that hard.

Also, just do it. If you're leaving anyway ...

You're already NOT going out with him.
Yes...for the love of g0d, please...it also makes you seem more mature than a 5th grader...and yes, just DO it.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:15 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,248,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It's never happened in my life, so I don't know... but if it was an co worker I would be weirded out since it is so inappropriate.
They work in the same building and seem to just pass each other by and haven't had much conversation.

One of them is leaving (I haven't figured out the formula yet to deduce which one is lol)

I've had #'s given to me within minutes of a conversation.

When I was in college, this guy at the bus stop one day started talking to me. We barely talked for 5 minutes and he asked for my #. Normally I wouldn't have given it but he looked so much like Christian Slater that I couldn't resist

To edit: when I was working in the branch, one of my clients (business client) handed me his #. I was like "huh", we have your # on file. He said, "No, that's my personal number." I wasn't about to date a customer but I was dating H at the time. It was kind of awkward because he made a face when I told him I was dating someone. Actually, I may even had been engaged at the time but needless to say, he wouldn't come to my window anymore lol

Last edited by bellakin123; 10-17-2017 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: then there was that one time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships