Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 03:28 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Why take it to the extreme? "All women" is the extreme. That's not what he said.

When a man is with another woman, he will, on average, be more attractive to most women. Just like a woman wearing a mini skirt will, on average, be more attractive to men than if she were wearing an eskimo suit.
"most" women? That's a bit extreme too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 03:29 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,508,726 times
Quote:
Why take it to the extreme? "All women" is the extreme. That's not what he said.

When a man is with another woman, he will, on average, be more attractive to most women. Just like a woman wearing a mini skirt will, on average, be more attractive to men than if she were wearing an eskimo suit.

It's a manipulative tactic. Notice how when the truth comes out, all of them come out and vehemently deny it. It's almost like they deny and defend in packs.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:32 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:

This what he said:

Women want men that are desired by other women.

Meth Dad from the article is married and therefore desired by at least one woman.
According to that statement, I (a woman) would want him, or find him more attractive, because he's married. But I don't.

I'm objecting to an extreme statement. It's one of those sound bites that PUA types accept as gospel even when holes are punched in it. And if Meth Dad's wife is not pretty enough (that must be it!), I submit Hugh Hefner. I have no interest in him either, and he is surrounded by beautiful women all the time.

Edited: Ah yes, the next level of PUA delusion ... I must be lying to myself!

Old 08-19-2011, 03:33 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
It's a manipulative tactic. Notice how when the truth comes out, all of them come out and vehemently deny it. It's almost like they deny and defend in packs.
Not the truth. A generalization.

And packs? Really?

Old 08-19-2011, 03:34 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
"most" women? That's a bit extreme too.
Well, it's also extreme to say that most men are heterosexual. We don't have much proof beyond common observation. Every married man in America could very well be in the closet.

Most women will perk up when you're in the company of another woman. Especially if your female company is (a) attractive and (b) enjoying your company. I think that's as hard-wired and as automatic a response in women as a man's response to a shapely figure.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This what he said:

Meth Dad from the article is married and therefore desired by at least one woman.
According to that statement, I (a woman) would want him, or find him more attractive, because he's married. But I don't.

I'm objecting to an extreme statement. It's one of those sound bites that PUA types accept as gospel even when holes are punched in it. And if Meth Dad's wife is not pretty enough (that must be it!), I submit Hugh Hefner. I have no interest in him either, and he is surrounded by beautiful women all the time.

Edited: Ah yes, the next level of PUA delusion ... I must be lying to myself!
I think you're making it out to be the extreme. Most people understand that when someone says "Dogs are like this..." or "New York city is like that...," the person raising the subject is speaking in general terms. That's like me saying, "Homicide is against the law" and then you retorting, "Not if it's in self-defense!" It's a trite retort.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This what he said:

I'm objecting to an extreme statement. It's one of those sound bites that PUA types accept as gospel even when holes are punched in it. And if Meth Dad's wife is pretty enough (that must be it!), I submit Hugh Hefner. I have no interest in him either, and he is surrounded by beautiful women all the time.

Desiring and actually going through with it are two different things. You can desire someone, but choose not to pursue. There's evidence to support this:

Do Single Women Seek Attached Men? - NYTimes.com

Old 08-19-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I think you're making it out to be the extreme. Most people understand that when someone says "Dogs are like this..." or "New York city is like that...," the person raising the subject is speaking in general terms. That's like me saying, "Homicide is against the law" and then you retorting, "Not if it's in self-defense!" It's a trite retort.

It's a defense mechanism on the female part. Why so defensive if it's not true? If it's not true, it should be comical.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:40 PM

445 posts, read 864,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapiron View Post
I am asking this as a serious question. In my experence I have had to tell women I am not interested in them. I am not gay, I'm unavailable. I have been for a long time because I'm married. I have a successful career and a good amount of money. Even though I wear a wedding ring and have outright told some women i am not interested, I have still been pursued. I had women from work come to my house when they knew my wife was not there. In fact the woman across the street came over right after my wife left for work. Am I doing something wrong? are there that many desprate women in the world? I am a nice guy, (at least I think I am), and I am true to my wife. 38 years true. I wonder why this kind of stuff happens. Do they think I'll break and leave my wife and life behind for them. Not likely....
I would probably think how nice and attractive you are but once I found out you were married I'd stay away. Those other women probably don't care and are going for it. Maybe they are used to married men who fool around and hope you join the crowd. I understand it's tempting but stay strong!

Old 08-19-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Not the truth. A generalization.

And packs? Really?
Doesn't something have to exist in the first place for it to be a generalization? There would be no exceptions if the general did not exist, no?

Generalization: Homicide is illegal.
Exception: Homicide out of self-defense is legal.

Generalization: Hearsay is inadmissible evidence.
Exception: Hearsay that's an admission of a party opponent is admissible evidence.

Generalization: Men like beautiful women.
Exception: Bob is gay.

Generalization: Women like men that other women like.
Exception: Judy likes socially awkward dweebs no other woman would touch with a 10 foot poll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships