Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 08:28 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I think you should ask your mother. I'm sure her friends are in that age group, so she may know of someone who'd be interested.
If he wants his mom to go batsh|t!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 08:32 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,380,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I've always wanted to be with an older woman (30-50) but I can never seem to find an opportunity and my guy friends (ages19-24) all have stories about an older woman but I dont

Are they really that hard to meet? Sorry if this sounds perverted in anyway but its a legitimate question of mine
I bet you at least half of those stories from your guy friends are not true and trying to meet an older woman just because you want to add a "check mark" next to cougar in your dating career is not a good enough reason.

It depends what type of older woman you are looking for. Some are very easy to get and some are practically impossible.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:55 AM

663 posts, read 1,081,708 times
This thread is hilarious. I guess I fall into the age range you specified since I'm 40. If you and your guy friends looking for "stories" are between the ages of 19-24.....yikes, that is WAY too young for me. I'm happily married and definitely not looking but the thought.....no thanks. I also would never want to be anyone's story either. The fact you mention 'story' right upfront, as if it were no big deal to objectify like that, is telling of how immature you still are. I have known women who tend to have LTR's with younger men. These particular guys usually stand out as being more mature than their peers of the same chronological age. It strikes me you are not one of these guys, lol.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:00 AM

663 posts, read 1,081,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama;
I bet you at least half of those stories from your guy friends are not true and trying to meet an older woman just because you want to add a "check mark" next to cougar in your dating career is not a good enough reason.
^Exactly what I was thinking.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:02 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,100,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I've always wanted to be with an older woman (30-50) but I can never seem to find an opportunity and my guy friends (ages19-24) all have stories about an older woman but I dont

Are they really that hard to meet? Sorry if this sounds perverted in anyway but its a legitimate question of mine
The whole "Cougar" thing where older women pursue younger men is drastically exaggereted. Most older, mature women find young guys like yourself simply too hormone-ravaged and juvenile to invest any time at all with. Nothing personal, it's just the truth. They might have a fleeting, lascivious thought about you guys, but the vast majority of them quickly douse it and move on.
In all likelihood, your buddies are engaging in the old, time-tested, traditional practice of greatly embellishing their sexual escapades.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:30 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
If he wants his mom to go batsh|t!
Indeed. It was meant as a joke. He's almost young enough that he could be going to his parents for advice rather than succumbing to peer pressure - or empty boasting.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:44 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,040,501 times
I think that the stories that the OP heard from his friends are that the older women are more experienced and therefore better in bed. I know because I thought like that when I was that age. It is true to an extent, but not all of them. I actually didn't have my first over-40 year old until I was 30, so by then I don't think she qualifies as a cougar since the age difference was only 10 years. I think for it to qualify as cougar-cub relationship, the age difference has to be at least 15-20 years. Before that, the oldest I had was when I was 21, this woman said she was 28 but I think she was older than that.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:53 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
If you want to be with them simply because your "guy friends" have stories and you don't, that's the wrong reason ...

Exactly. Im 45, and dont think woman my age are hiding out somewhere. However, i dont know if an older woman would want to be bothered, depending on how old you are. If you are the same age as some of your friends 24-27, i wouldnt be bothered. Because for one, you are probably just looking for sex so you can have a story, which im not interested in. Hard enough weeding through the older guys who are just looking for sex.

And two, im looking for a serious relationship. Someone your age might just want a casual dating thing. So..for me..a mid twenty something year old has no appeal. Unless i just got really horny one day and wanted to brag about doing a 25 year old. HA! So, if that's what your looking for, you have to catch an older woman in one of those moods. lol

Old 08-22-2011, 09:13 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,275,560 times
Your guy friends all have stories???Why don't you make one up too?

Old 08-23-2011, 05:35 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,031 times
This thread reminds me of a movie that captured every American,teenage boys' imagination back in the 60s. "THE SUMMER OF 42.
I had no trouble meeting and "being with" older women when I was a teenager. It was,as it turned out, quite simple. I built up quite a clientele mowing lawns,raking leaves,shoveling snow and cleaning pools. But alas! The 1 older woman I really wanted got away. And you know who you are PJ8!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships