Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 09:25 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times

Advertisements

Actively pursuit relationships outside of their marriages?? Kind of a spin on another thread - (women who pursuit unavailable men). Actually I've wondered this since I was a teenager; always , ALWAYS have had married men interested in relationships. Whats up with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2011, 03:16 AM

591 posts, read 866,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Actively pursuit relationships outside of their marriages?? Kind of a spin on another thread - (women who pursuit unavailable men). Actually I've wondered this since I was a teenager; always , ALWAYS have had married men interested in relationships. Whats up with that?
As soon as you will acknowledge that in this day and age more married women cheat than do married men, I will answer.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:34 AM

313 posts, read 406,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
As soon as you will acknowledge that in this day and age more married women cheat than do married men, I will answer.
Hey now I don't cheat.. my husband knows of any boyfriend I may have.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:43 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
i agree that to say that men are the only ones is incorrect. and i dont know that people are actively looking for relationships. i think people just look for that excitement of "NEW". that feeling you get when someone takes notice of you, gets your pulse going etc. the thing is you get two people brave enough to take those feeling above all else and you get TROUBLE.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:19 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times
Better question: Why are their wives not satisfying them?

(Apologies for turning the thread upside down.)

Old 08-21-2011, 04:38 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Some men feel entitled... esp ones from macho cultures.
Other men are driven to do so by a sense of insecurity and need for acceptance.
Still others aren't getting enough play at home. Or their wife is now unattractive to them.

Regardless of the reasoning, divorce would be preferable to a lie. So it all boils down to cowardice and selfishness.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:52 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Some men feel entitled... esp ones from macho cultures.
Other men are driven to do so by a sense of insecurity and need for acceptance.
Still others aren't getting enough play at home. Or their wife is now unattractive to them.

Regardless of the reasoning, divorce would be preferable to a lie. So it all boils down to cowardice and selfishness.
and some men do it for completely different reasons, and sometimes it isnt a lie, so no need for a divorce.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:59 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Empty people do empty things. I think its a EO thing these days anyway.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:11 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
For the same myriad reasons that so many married women cheat. Some people are relentless players, some are lonely despite being married, some had a weak moment, some are acting out of revenge, and so on.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:47 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
I understand both sexes cheat; actually a few really good guys I know were devastated when they found out their wives were cheating- never suspected it. Which really makes me wonder- if someone doesn't have the ability to stay faithful, what's the point in ever getting married??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships