Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 04:16 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Or does it? Some people have an extremely easy time attracting love/romance while others struggle. I believe in the law of attraction; whatever you expect is what ya' get...So what say you?
It's a part of life. We all can't have it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 04:24 PM

116 posts, read 153,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Unfortunately I think attracting love/romance is more than just "expecting and receiving". I think it comes down to how much work you're willing to put into it and expecting and believing is just the beginning.
Abso! I can feel as great about myself as is humanly possible without being an arrogant jerk or narcissist, but if I still just keep moving in my usual circles, I'm not going to find love and it ain't going to find me. Reminds me of a relevant joke...

As the flood waters were rising, numerous folks went to check in on the town pastor and see if he'd come with them to higher ground. To every one of them, he responded, "The Lord will provide." When the water got up to his porch and people started going by in boats and begging him to come with them, he'd smile and say, "The Lord will provide." A few hours later he's on his roof and the water's still rising. A helicopter comes by and drops a ladder down but he won't climb, and again says, "The Lord will provide." A few hours after that, he drowns. When he gets to Heaven he asks God, "What happened? Why didn't you provide?" God replies, "I provided a dozen neighbors, a boat and a helicopter."

The boat doesn't usually come in. Typically, you've got to swim out to it.

Old 09-16-2011, 04:28 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
Tell that to the kids in nazi Germany put to death by Hitler.
Wow. Talk about a completely nonsensical post.

But since you are trying to be captious, let's rephrase matters: As long as you are not suffering from a chronic disease, afflicted by an Act of God, or are carried along by historical events beyond your possible control, then you do indeed control what happens in your own life. And to blame your woes on bad luck is lazy.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:36 PM

2,061 posts, read 1,957,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
The people who have an "easy time" finding someone typically put less thought into the dynamics of relationships. They have less ability to examine interactions on a deeper level and run into trouble down the line and consistently from partner to partner. They are less aware of the pitfalls and incompatibilities that arise between people.

The people who are more aware are more choosy and therefore have less partners and interactions.

People who over analyze relationships, pick them apart and can cause "trouble down the road".

People, who have an easy time finding someone, don't have preconceived ideas of exactly how the relationship should be. They give the relationship a chance--instead of being choosey and overly aware of pitfalls and preconceived ideas of incompatibilities between people. Sometimes opposites have great lives together.

Maybe they have more relationships, but then they have more chances to find "the one."

Old 09-17-2011, 06:34 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,177 times
I have such bad luck when it comes to dating. I have low self esteem which I believe is part of the problem. Another part of the problem is where I reside. Philly is a great city but the pickings are pretty much slim. The guys that I think I would be interested in are pretty much taken. Everyone else is players, homebodies..Im a girl who needs adventure and worldy views!!!
But then again theres always a woman..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships